Video Games Thread

dildo69er

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

I have a feeling I’m gonna end up buying an Xbox this generation as well. Nearly bitten the bullet a few times already. Had one in the cart but ultimately decided against it for now.

Definitely don’t want to miss out on Elder Scrolls 6 and gamepass does look pretty cool.

Probably unnecessary to have both a PS5 and a Series X but fuck it. I wouldn’t mind having access to all the games this generation and building/buying a pc is just ridiculous at the current prices.

Having gamepass has meant I’ve been able to try games I definitely would’ve paid top dollar for, and realise they definitely aren’t worth that investment lol

Back 4 Blood being the most recent example. Fucking snore fest. I love the left4dead series, I’d have pre ordered the shit out of that if I didnt have gamepass and im so fucking glad I didnt haha

I got a Switch the other day with Zelda, Pokemon Shield, Lego Jurassic World and Mario Kart.

I'm a bit of a Zelda n00b as have never owned a Nintendo console over than a Gameboy/Gameboy Advance but fuck me I'm finding it pretty difficult haha.

I've kind of given up on it moved onto Pokemon Shield which is fucking great and exactly what I wanted, a game like the old ones with buffed up graphics. 

16 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I got a Switch the other day with Zelda, Pokemon Shield, Lego Jurassic World and Mario Kart.

I'm a bit of a Zelda n00b as have never owned a Nintendo console over than a Gameboy/Gameboy Advance but fuck me I'm finding it pretty difficult haha.

I've kind of given up on it moved onto Pokemon Shield which is fucking great and exactly what I wanted, a game like the old ones with buffed up graphics. 

Yeah I’m a big fan of the new Pokémon games despite the fact they’re just the same game with new graphics. It’s Pokémon. Who gives a fuck?

Also botw shouldn’t be hard. It takes some getting used to I guess but yeah. Give it another go.

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah I’m a big fan of the new Pokémon games despite the fact they’re just the same game with new graphics. It’s Pokémon. Who gives a fuck?

Also botw shouldn’t be hard. It takes some getting used to I guess but yeah. Give it another go.

Yeah it probably isn't that hard but I'm trying not to look at guides or anything - need to figure out how to get to the 4th shrine at the start without freezing my tits off and dying. 

10 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I have a feeling I’m gonna end up buying an Xbox this generation as well. Nearly bitten the bullet a few times already. Had one in the cart but ultimately decided against it for now.

Definitely don’t want to miss out on Elder Scrolls 6 and gamepass does look pretty cool.

Probably unnecessary to have both a PS5 and a Series X but fuck it. I wouldn’t mind having access to all the games this generation and building/buying a pc is just ridiculous at the current prices.

I believe they still intend for Elder Scrolls 6 to be multiplatform.  Yes Microsoft now owns Bethesda, but they've already confirmed some games will remain multiplatform, while also confirming that new properties like Starfield will remain Xbox exclusive.  So if getting an Xbox hinges on ES6 alone, I might recommend waiting to see what route they go with that game.

8 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah it probably isn't that hard but I'm trying not to look at guides or anything - need to figure out how to get to the 4th shrine at the start without freezing my tits off and dying. 

Haha when I first played the game I did that in the complete wrong way but still managed to get it done. That’s one of the best things about Botw. There’s 100 different ways to do things.

5 hours ago, M!ke said:

I believe they still intend for Elder Scrolls 6 to be multiplatform.  Yes Microsoft now owns Bethesda, but they've already confirmed some games will remain multiplatform, while also confirming that new properties like Starfield will remain Xbox exclusive.  So if getting an Xbox hinges on ES6 alone, I might recommend waiting to see what route they go with that game.

I doubt it tbh. At least not on release. Maybe a few years after it might come to PlayStation consoles.

Its not the only reason. I just kinda want one. 

7 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I doubt it tbh. At least not on release. Maybe a few years after it might come to PlayStation consoles.

Its not the only reason. I just kinda want one. 

Meh, with how Microsoft has been treating games like Cuphead or Ori, a multiplatform release is definitely not off the table, with confirmation that some Bethesda games will remain multiplatform.  

If you want an Xbox, get one, but I would say don't let Elder Scrolls 6 be the deciding factor (at least yet) for doing so when the only exclusive Bethesda has thus far confirmed for Microsoft is Starfield. 

Heck, Todd Howard himself (CEO of Bethesda) has stated at this point: "it's hard to imagine not bringing The Elder Scrolls 6 to multiple platforms" https://www.gamesradar.com/todd-howard-says-its-hard-to-imagine-not-bringing-the-elder-scrolls-6-to-multiple-platforms/

Obviously not a confirmation, but when they're already laying down the plans for Starfield as Xbox exclusive, while being coy about other games like specifically ES6, then it's hard not to imagine that it will probably remain multiplatform.

Just bought a new PC, I’ve had my old one since 2015 and I seriously needed an upgrade. The IT manager at my firm recommended a specific one for gaming and so far it’s been phenomenal, my games are running so well. Incredibly dangerous to have this thing around while I’m WFH today. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Just bought a new PC, I’ve had my old one since 2015 and I seriously needed an upgrade. The IT manager at my firm recommended a specific one for gaming and so far it’s been phenomenal, my games are running so well. Incredibly dangerous to have this thing around while I’m WFH today. 

What ya been playing?

7 hours ago, M!ke said:

Meh, with how Microsoft has been treating games like Cuphead or Ori, a multiplatform release is definitely not off the table, with confirmation that some Bethesda games will remain multiplatform.  

If you want an Xbox, get one, but I would say don't let Elder Scrolls 6 be the deciding factor (at least yet) for doing so when the only exclusive Bethesda has thus far confirmed for Microsoft is Starfield. 

Heck, Todd Howard himself (CEO of Bethesda) has stated at this point: "it's hard to imagine not bringing The Elder Scrolls 6 to multiple platforms" https://www.gamesradar.com/todd-howard-says-its-hard-to-imagine-not-bringing-the-elder-scrolls-6-to-multiple-platforms/

Obviously not a confirmation, but when they're already laying down the plans for Starfield as Xbox exclusive, while being coy about other games like specifically ES6, then it's hard not to imagine that it will probably remain multiplatform.

The issue with this is, Elder Scrolls may not even come to the new gen, may be the gen after. who fucking knows when we're getting it at this point.

and as Starfield is a totally new IP with exclusivity, it could be a flop and then the multiplatform thing just makes sense, or it could actually be amazing and do stupidly well, in turn doing well for Microsoft, and maybe Bethesda will change their tune.

Too many variables at the moment, I'd say. Gamepass is a ridic good deal though, I've not regretted getting it, I've had the opportunity to play so many things I'd never even heard of or wanted to risk spending big money on. I legit think this approach is the future of gaming. 

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

What ya been playing?

i play simulation games / sandbox games, like Sims, Civilization, Cities Skylines, the tycoon games from the 90s / 2000s, etc. i play Pokemon too, but i sold all my physical cartridge games, so i'm looking to potentially get the emulators on my computer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I also bought a 3ds the other week too!

somebody take my wallet from me please.

The 3DS is great! I had only one game for mine for YEARS because I didn’t have much money and I was buying games for other consoles, but eventually I started realizing there’s a lot of great stuff on that system, especially if you’re into RPGs. Unfortunately a lot of the games I’d like to get for it have skyrocketed in price since COVID. Waiting for prices to hopefully drop again but I have plenty of other games to be playing at the moment so I’m not too concerned about it.