Video Games Thread

dildo69er

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The 3DS is great! I had only one game for mine for YEARS because I didn’t have much money and I was buying games for other consoles, but eventually I started realizing there’s a lot of great stuff on that system, especially if you’re into RPGs. Unfortunately a lot of the games I’d like to get for it have skyrocketed in price since COVID. Waiting for prices to hopefully drop again but I have plenty of other games to be playing at the moment so I’m not too concerned about it.

I loved my old 3ds. Sold it when I was in crazy savings mode so I’m glad I was able to get a new one.

You should really look into hacking it. I hate being that guy that’s always talking about hacking consoles or whatever but for a system that’s as effectively dead as the 3ds is I don’t really see the harm in doing it. Especially when people are price gouging old games like that. It’s super, super easy to do on the 3ds.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to play Metroid Fusion before getting Dread. I haven’t played this since it was brand new (nearly 20 years ago 😵) but I’ve always remembered it fondly. I’m loving it so far but it’s way harder than I remember it being! I mean, most of the game so far has been easy, but then I’ll get to a part where I die like 10 times before finally getting by. Didn’t remember that but I genuinely think I was just way better at video games when I was a kid lol. This game is still great though.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

@Cheerios4u98FF7R finally coming to PC December 16. Epic game store exclusive though.

Holy shit I would have expected an announcement for a few months from now, not next week. Damn that’s awesome. Might have to wait until after the holidays to get it though because things are going to be a little chaotic for me until the new year. Still, that’s great news!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

No gameplay so who really knows if this will be fun but damn it looks cool at least. Different vibe than a lot of other Star Wars stuff. Set in The High Republic era apparently (200-ish years before the prequels, which is why Yoda is still in it). I’m excited for this one!

Yeah this looks visually amazing. Hope the gameplay matches it well. Doubt we will see much for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Metroid Dread is so fucking hard. I don't think I've ever died so many times in any video game. I'm having a lot of fun with it but after playing Fusion and Zero Mission again this is like 100x harder haha

EDIT: beat the game tonight. I want to say it's one of the hardest games I've ever finished. As someone who prefers my games easier as I've gotten older, I probably wouldn't have stuck this one out if I didn't already love Metroid so much. But wow, it was so fun! I unlocked Hard Mode for beating it and fuck that shit lol, regular mode was hard enough. I hope this isn't the end for 2D-style Metroid games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Was waiting to see if people actually liked it before I let myself get interested. Might have to look into the game now. I haven’t really cared about the series after the second generation, but this looks like it could mix it up in a way that could draw me back in.

It’s definitely a lot of fun and welcome change in the franchise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...