Video Games Thread

dildo69er

7 hours ago, Speedo said:

The last one I played was Red when I was in middle school. I’m not sure how I feel about it yet.

We have something in common!

Simpler times. Gold was the furthest I went and I think the only difference was they had Mew/Mewtoo and an extra level?

2 hours ago, .437 beats .40 __chess said:

We have something in common!

Simpler times. Gold was the furthest I went and I think the only difference was they had Mew/Mewtoo and an extra level?

Red and Blue had mew/Mewtwo. Gold and Silver were sequels, set in an entire different region with new story/mons and then let you return to the original games region for the post game.

7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Nice! It’s got a long tutorial section so power through that and then it gets pretty good.

I noticed, haha. I made it through the trial last night but didn't really go any further, I didn't start playing it until after 1am so I was tired. I'll probably give it a go tonight after the Super Bowl. 

6 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Red and Blue had mew/Mewtwo. Gold and Silver were sequels, set in an entire different region with new story/mons and then let you return to the original games region for the post game.

Yeah I remember Gold & Silver were the big deal sequels.

Yellow was the special version I was thinking of, that I swear had a slight difference from Red & Blue still for gameboy?

It's been a long time.

38 minutes ago, .437 beats .40 __chess said:

Yeah I remember Gold & Silver were the big deal sequels.

Yellow was the special version I was thinking of, that I swear had a slight difference from Red & Blue still for gameboy?

It's been a long time.

Yeah yellow was the special version that got made once the anime took off. You got pikachu at the start and the other starters throughout.

31 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah yellow was the special version that got made once the anime took off. You got pikachu at the start and the other starters throughout.

I have some stupid owl looking thing now that I started off with … I didn’t mean to pick it. I wanted the flaming dick nose guy.

16 minutes ago, .437 beats .40 __chess said:

Really? I remember people hating on it back in the day within my circle, but I always thought it was fun as hell and a good challenge

Yep. People loved it. Constant requests for a sequel which finally came last year.

5 hours ago, Speedo said:

Their helmets were probably just on too tight.

Probably.  They always wanted to play Pokemon Stadium.  Which was fun in its own right, but not nearly as intuitive as Snap was. 

How is the new game?  I'm down to try it, as I regretfully skipped Go when it was such a thing

28 minutes ago, .437 beats .40 __chess said:

Probably.  They always wanted to play Pokemon Stadium.  Which was fun in its own right, but not nearly as intuitive as Snap was. 

How is the new game?  I'm down to try it, as I regretfully skipped Go when it was such a thing

I haven’t played it since I bought it. I made it about an hour in or so and went to bed, haven’t had the chance to pick it up again. I’ll let you know when I get further.