Video Games Thread

dildo69er

17 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm such a noob to modern gaming. I bought Final Fantasy 7 Remake for PC and was all excited about starting to play it tonight, but I forgot that modern games take years to install (and this one's 100gb). Not playing tonight lol. ugh.

Dude I did almost the exact same thing yesterday. I went away over the weekend with some mates and on my way home I called my gf and she was at the shops so I’m like “oh pick me up the new horizon game! But make sure you get the PS4 version since you can upgrade for free” and she said “yeah cool cunt” and I was stoked cause it would be there when I got back and I could  just chill out and play to mellow out after a big weekend.

Gwt home and out the disc in and that’s when u remembered you’ve gotta download the full PS5 versions to play it with the PS4 disc. 97gb. 7 hour download. Ruined my Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Dude I did almost the exact same thing yesterday. I went away over the weekend with some mates and on my way home I called my gf and she was at the shops so I’m like “oh pick me up the new horizon game! But make sure you get the PS4 version since you can upgrade for free” and she said “yeah cool cunt” and I was stoked cause it would be there when I got back and I could  just chill out and play to mellow out after a big weekend.

Gwt home and out the disc in and that’s when u remembered you’ve gotta download the full PS5 versions to play it with the PS4 disc. 97gb. 7 hour download. Ruined my Sunday.

Ugh that’s the worst. Since I mostly play Switch I’m still not used to how huge modern games can really be and how long they can take to download. I think it took 5 or 6 hours to install FF7 last night. But at least I can play it tonight! I’ve somehow avoided spoilers for two years so I can’t wait to finally get into it!

2 hours ago, Roux said:

dedicating the next few months to playing Elden Ring - the reviews coming in are insane, it's going to be one of the best games ever. 

I ain’t much of a souls player but it does look pretty damn good and the reviews are very positive. Will definitely pick it up after I finish horizon. Can’t manage two open world games at once.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 4:23 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Ugh that’s the worst. Since I mostly play Switch I’m still not used to how huge modern games can really be and how long they can take to download. I think it took 5 or 6 hours to install FF7 last night. But at least I can play it tonight! I’ve somehow avoided spoilers for two years so I can’t wait to finally get into it!

Have you played much? Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Have you played much? Thoughts?

Loving it so far! Just got to Aerith’s church last night which was where I decided to stop. I genuinely love how it’s a completely different experience than the original game. So it all feels new even though it’s familiar. Can’t wait to play more!

I downloaded the original Dune. I can see why this was such a big deal back when it came out but man you can't even aim. I can see why Goldeneye was so revolutionary.  Still one of the best multiplayer shooting games ever.

Call of Duty is an infest of trolling kids but I always liked their game modes, especially Zombies.  

9 minutes ago, .437 beats .40 said:

I downloaded the original Dune. I can see why this was such a big deal back when it came out but man you can't even aim. I can see why Goldeneye was so revolutionary.  Still one of the best multiplayer shooting games ever.

Call of Duty is an infest of trolling kids but I always liked their game modes, especially Zombies.  

Did you mean “Doom”?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

It’s more sad than anything, Jan but you’ve been this way your whole life, might as well embrace it.

Sorry I don't spend all my time on here.  The joke was flat. Dune being a non animated movie, Doom being a video game.. It didn't really work like you wanted it to.

Sorry man.