Video Games Thread

dildo69er

7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

"Sorry I don't spend all my time on here."

This just has no relevance whatsoever to anything that was posted. It's such an out of place little jab that doesn't hit at all.

Well, someone has to populate the (nonexistent?) Joe Rogan topic, I suppose?

FF7R is so fun. Turn based RPGs are my favorite so I wouldn't say I enjoy this more than the original (plus there's a certain charm to the absolutely dogshit PS1 graphics lol) but I do really love it as an alternative way to experience the game. Definitely love the more fleshed out characters. Can't believe this game got me to care about Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie lol. I'm about 15 hours into this and I'm only up to about the 2-hour mark of the original game. it's crazy how much they've stretched this out. Midgar was my favorite part of FF7 though so it's fun having a whole full-length game set in the city, which was only a short section of the original game.

Mostly I can't stop thinking about all the other games that I want to see getting this treatment. The N64 Zeldas are begging to get remakes of this caliber. That would be my dream come true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobs said:

Congrats on the sex.

Sorry... Blink childish humor will never leave me.

I’m honestly disappointed the joke was made sooner, I appreciate you posting it. I knew it was low hanging fruit when I posted it and everyone but you let me down.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished FF7R a couple nights ago. Wow, I’m glad I avoided spoilers for all that time. Also glad I played Crisis Core last year haha. I loved FF7R so much! I generally prefer turned based fighting in RPGs but this was some of the most fun fighting in a game I’ve played in a long time. Getting a deep dive look into these characters and into Midgar was such a treat. All of the characters are so lovable. And I felt it was just the right amount of cheesy to be endearing and not stupid. Advent Children and Crisis Core were a bit on the stupid side with cringy dialogue and dumb story elements. They really put in effort here to make it all work so well. I just want more!

Ironically even though this was only a small fraction of the whole FF7 story, I actually thought this game had a more satisfying ending than the real FF7 does lol 

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Finished FF7R a couple nights ago. Wow, I’m glad I avoided spoilers for all that time. Also glad I played Crisis Core last year haha. I loved FF7R so much! I generally prefer turned based fighting in RPGs but this was some of the most fun fighting in a game I’ve played in a long time. Getting a deep dive look into these characters and into Midgar was such a treat. All of the characters are so lovable. And I felt it was just the right amount of cheesy to be endearing and not stupid. Advent Children and Crisis Core were a bit on the stupid side with cringy dialogue and dumb story elements. They really put in effort here to make it all work so well. I just want more!

Ironically even though this was only a small fraction of the whole FF7 story, I actually thought this game had a more satisfying ending than the real FF7 does lol 

Yesss! I’ve been eagerly awaiting for you to finish it so I could hear what you thought about it all! I love the game so much. Played through it 3 times now. Shame the Yuffie DLC isn’t out for PC yet cause that’s definitely worth picking up and expands some characters even more.

It’s going to be really interesting to see where they go with Part 2. Anything can happen now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yesss! I’ve been eagerly awaiting for you to finish it so I could hear what you thought about it all! I love the game so much. Played through it 3 times now. Shame the Yuffie DLC isn’t out for PC yet cause that’s definitely worth picking up and expands some characters even more.

It’s going to be really interesting to see where they go with Part 2. Anything can happen now.

The Yuffie DLC is out! Played through that too! I never really cared about Yuffie before so it’s fun to see her get fleshed out as a character. I no longer know what to expect for part 2 and that’s really exciting.

34 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The Yuffie DLC is out! Played through that too! I never really cared about Yuffie before so it’s fun to see her get fleshed out as a character. I no longer know what to expect for part 2 and that’s really exciting.

Oh sweet I didn’t realise that. Yeah I never even had her as a character when I played the original. Also like the Avalanche lore or whatever you’d call it that we learn about.

Spoiler

Also the Zack scenes at the end of both main game and DLC 🤯

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Oh sweet I didn’t realise that. Yeah I never even had her as a character when I played the original. Also like the Avalanche lore or whatever you’d call it that we learn about.

Hide contents

Also the Zack scenes at the end of both main game and DLC 🤯

It’s so exciting! Maybe I’m just used to Star Wars fans and blink-182 fans nonstop bitching about new stuff, but I can imagine some FF7 fans being pretty angry about where things could potentially be going. I’m hyped though! The original game will always still be there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

100% completed FF7R today. Something I haven’t done in hardly any other game. Safe to say, I really liked this one. Not sure if I want to attempt to 100% the Yuffie DLC because I found her awkward to fight as and the DLC already seemed hard on normal mode lol. But hey, main game is 100%!

Spoiler

id3zQh5.png

edit: I don’t know if I got all the achievements. Epic Games Store sucks ass and the achievements are glitched so you can’t see them 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

100% completed FF7R today. Something I haven’t done in hardly any other game. Safe to say, I really liked this one. Not sure if I want to attempt to 100% the Yuffie DLC because I found her awkward to fight as and the DLC already seemed hard on normal mode lol. But hey, main game is 100%!

Hide contents

id3zQh5.png

edit: I don’t know if I got all the achievements. Epic Games Store sucks ass and the achievements are glitched so you can’t see them 🤷‍♂️

Nice! I never got Barrett’s chapter 14 resolution. I just couldn’t do those arm moving things on the way to the party town again. Fuck what a slog of a section.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Nice! I never got Barrett’s chapter 14 resolution. I just couldn’t do those arm moving things on the way to the party town again. Fuck what a slog of a section.

Lol the worst part was I had to do it again after because I messed something up and didn’t get the last side quest I needed for a manuscript. I did get really good at killing Hell House on hard mode though haha

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...