Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Got a PS5 around Christmas last year and also signed up for that PS Premium service so my backlog is stupid big.

so far I’ve played through Spider-Man, The Last of Us remastered, Gran Turismo 7, Diablo 2 Ressurrected, and am almost done with Elden Ring and Spider-Man Miles Morales.

I also played like 6-7 hours of God of War and it now ranks as the most overrated game I’ve ever played. It’s not bad, but I’d give it like a 7/10, not like GOTY. 

I’ll probably play FF7 or Demon Souls remakes next. Really was bummed to see what happened with the KOTOR remake.

• Like 1

Some Russian leaked a gameplay video of the original STALKER game that’s apparently being ported to consoles. This is one of the best and most underrated games in the last 15 mins or so. The graphics are now pretty underwhelming, but the unnerving atmosphere of this game is worth playing alone. Pretty pumped if true

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 2:19 AM, Get divorced for the kids said:

Got a PS5 around Christmas last year and also signed up for that PS Premium service so my backlog is stupid big.

so far I’ve played through Spider-Man, The Last of Us remastered, Gran Turismo 7, Diablo 2 Ressurrected, and am almost done with Elden Ring and Spider-Man Miles Morales.

I also played like 6-7 hours of God of War and it now ranks as the most overrated game I’ve ever played. It’s not bad, but I’d give it like a 7/10, not like GOTY. 

I’ll probably play FF7 or Demon Souls remakes next. Really was bummed to see what happened with the KOTOR remake.

How good is Spiderman though? 

25 minutes ago, Kay said:

How good is Spiderman though? 

It was pretty enjoyable, although I played Sunset Overdrive years ago which scratched a similar itch. It’s a really well made, polished game no doubt, I’m just starting to get tired of mainstream action games. Give me more weird, challenging shit like Dark Souls.

5 minutes ago, Get divorced for the kids said:

It was pretty enjoyable, although I played Sunset Overdrive years ago which scratched a similar itch. It’s a really well made, polished game no doubt, I’m just starting to get tired of mainstream action games. Give me more weird, challenging shit like Dark Souls.

I’ve been playing Sekiro … surprised I haven’t broken any controllers.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Get divorced for the kids said:

How far along are you? That’s on my bucket list for finishing all the Soulsborne series, probably after Demon Souls and Bloodborne.

Not very far at all, a few hours in?

1 hour ago, Get divorced for the kids said:

I loved Spiderman as a game, not because it was super original or anything but it… worked? So many triple A games have so many issues and spiderman just did it right, it felt. Only low point is some of the boring stealth bits.

im not a dark souls person lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Get divorced for the kids said:

Does anyone have a PS VR? I’m thinking of getting the new one that is launching later this year if the rumoured $400 price mark is true. There’s also a rumour Half-Life Alyx will be ported to it, which would make it a slam dunk for me.

I don’t have the current one but definitely looking to get the new one. Figured this gen might as well be the gen I get into all the gimmicks.

7 hours ago, Kay said:

I loved Spiderman as a game, not because it was super original or anything but it… worked? So many triple A games have so many issues and spiderman just did it right, it felt. Only low point is some of the boring stealth bits.

im not a dark souls person lol

When I think about how much I loved Spider-Man it’s because I’ve tried to wipe the Mary Jane missions from my memory lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

When I think about how much I loved Spider-Man it’s because I’ve tried to wipe the Mary Jane missions from my memory lol 

Wasnt one of them as Miles as well?

• Like 1

Just finished Elden Ring last night, might return for more optional bosses though. It was a great game but I definitely got fatigued and had to take breaks as it can get a bit repetitive. I prefer the more linear Soulsborne games but it was still a great trip. My total playtime came just under 90 hours but I explored most of the map and did a lot of optional content.