Video Games Thread

dildo69er

• 2 weeks later...

Started Breath of the Wild again. Haven't played it since the year it came out. Wow, this game is blowing me away all over again. It's not quite the same experience as playing it for the first time, but it's been long enough that it still feels pretty fresh. I can't believe how gigantic this world is. It's hard for me to believe that Nintendo made this after Skyward Sword lol.

It's too bad Nintendo consoles are always behind in graphics. I love Nintendo way more than Sony or Microsoft for their first party games, but still part of me is really wanting to see what Breath of the Wild 2 would look on on the PS5 or something.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It's too bad Nintendo consoles are always behind in graphics. I love Nintendo way more than Sony or Microsoft for their first party games, but still part of me is really wanting to see what Breath of the Wild 2 would look on on the PS5 or something.

Yep. Keep feeling this. Been playing Xenoblade 3 (goty) and just kept thinking how amazing some of these landscapes could look in 4K etc. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 7:50 PM, Speedo said:

Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom comes out May 12th, stoked.

I hope it's not so open-ended this time, but that seems to be the way of gaming now. Also could do without the crafting. I don't want to snack on apples during boss fights or have my sword break.

I love BotW in some ways, but in other ways it annoys me

I hope it’s not a poor man’s Elden Ring. That game already did almost everything BoTW did but better. The main advantage (aside from better combat mechanics) was that exploration was actually rewarded with good items in ER, as opposed to defeating a generic village and getting 5 arrows from a chest.

15 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I hope it's not so open-ended this time, but that seems to be the way of gaming now. Also could do without the crafting. I don't want to snack on apples during boss fights or have my sword break.

I love BotW in some ways, but in other ways it annoys me

The first time I played BotW I hated it, barely got a few hours in and then got rid of the game. I tried it again a year or two later and loved it.

I didn’t do a lot of the cooking and stuff and when I did I made basic shit just to get by. The weapons were annoying as fuck too but I solved that by using the slate, freezing and bombing the fuck out of everything until I got the master sword. I was angry about the master sword though, how it ran out of energy. That was bullshit.

• Like 1

Being a direct sequel I expect we will a lot of the same mechanics like crafting and weapon durability return. I’ve seen people suggest something like a blacksmith in game so if use a weapon you like and it breaks you can repair it. I wouldn’t mind that. I don’t mind crafting etc in rpgs.

2 hours ago, King of the Weekend said:

This. More dungeons (not just 4!), less shrines. I’d also like to see more classic Zelda items like the hook shot. 

They were originally going to include the hook shot in the first game but thought it would make traversing the world too easy and people wouldn’t explore as much. Considering they are using the same map this time (excluding the sky portions and possible underground) that sense of exploring new areas doesn’t exist as much I hope they decide to include it.

They’ve actually been developing this for a longer period of time than the original Botw. I know Covid would’ve slowed things down but I can’t imagine this isn’t going to have a lot of new things to do. I’d say traditional dungeons returning is very likely.

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I wonder if this will somehow connect to Skyward Sword.

I think it will. I see people theorising that this game will basically be a reset back to the start with Skyward Sword. The two dragons eating each other’s tails in the title image is apparently a reference to Ouroborus which symbolises the cycle of rebirth and destruction so could see things go back to the beginning here.

• Like 1