Video Games Thread

dildo69er

On 8/7/2022 at 8:19 PM, King of the Weekend said:

Got a PS5 around Christmas last year and also signed up for that PS Premium service so my backlog is stupid big.

so far I’ve played through Spider-Man, The Last of Us remastered, Gran Turismo 7, Diablo 2 Ressurrected, and am almost done with Elden Ring and Spider-Man Miles Morales.

I also played like 6-7 hours of God of War and it now ranks as the most overrated game I’ve ever played. It’s not bad, but I’d give it like a 7/10, not like GOTY. 

I’ll probably play FF7 or Demon Souls remakes next. Really was bummed to see what happened with the KOTOR remake.

1. Can you even get a PS5 anymore right now?

2. Do you think they're worth it? I don't game much, but I absolutely despite the ps4 controllers and want to switch just for that alone.  Both the feel and batteries on them.  The only few games I play on ps4 I got the 'ps4 or ps5 capable' versions.

42 minutes ago, Crabless Jan vol. 2 said:

2. Do you think they're worth it? I don't game much, but I absolutely despite the ps4 controllers and want to switch just for that alone.  Both the feel and batteries on them.  The only few games I play on ps4 I got the 'ps4 or ps5 capable' versions.

You can get them. But just have to search. It’s much easier than it was a year ago.

I think it’s worth it. I got a good gaming tv and it looks unreal on that.

@Russel Coight are you thinking the Crisis Core remake is going to somehow connect with FF7 Remake? I saw someone say that clearly Square wants people to play Crisis Core right now even though it will spoil a major story point from FF7 for people who haven’t played the original FF7. So for Square, spoiling Remake Pt 2 (or 3 maybe idk) is worth it.

Based on trailers it looks like the cutscenes and dialogue are exactly the same as they were in the original game. But I wonder if they’ll add a little post game thing or something extra to make it connect with whatever the hell is happening in FF7R.

2 hours ago, Crabless Jan vol. 2 said:

For the price, I don’t think it’s worth it if you don’t game much. Id say wait for a price drop, but they’re actually increasing the price based on supply shortages. 

For every console release, the graphical differences become more and more negligible.

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

@Russel Coight are you thinking the Crisis Core remake is going to somehow connect with FF7 Remake? I saw someone say that clearly Square wants people to play Crisis Core right now even though it will spoil a major story point from FF7 for people who haven’t played the original FF7. So for Square, spoiling Remake Pt 2 (or 3 maybe idk) is worth it.

Based on trailers it looks like the cutscenes and dialogue are exactly the same as they were in the original game. But I wonder if they’ll add a little post game thing or something extra to make it connect with whatever the hell is happening in FF7R.

Yeah I think there’s definitely going to be something different towards the end. Will seem the same for 75% before things start changing.

I’m looking at getting the series x not because my Xbox one has stopped being any good but because games are stopping to be released on it. Graphically yeah no big leap but the game companies are forcing your hand.

Only four years late to the party but playing through RDR2. In terms of a thoughtful game, these shit all over GTA. Rarely am I ever content to just exist in a game-world with no real plans. The views, nature, random events and NPC's - this game world is so vivid and alive. Not to mention Arthur Morgan, in spite of his tremendously high body count (maybe both ways) is a cute guy beneath the murdering and debt collecting.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Only four years late to the party but playing through RDR2. In terms of a thoughtful game, these shit all over GTA. Rarely am I ever content to just exist in a game-world with no real plans. The views, nature, random events and NPC's - this game world is so vivid and alive. Not to mention Arthur Morgan, in spite of his tremendously high body count (maybe both ways) is a cute guy beneath the murdering and debt collecting.

It’s an amazing experience, let us know when you finish it. I have my gripes with the design, but I’ll post a vid later as I don’t want to taint your experience as you play through it.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, _Bagel said:

It’s probably my favourite game of all time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There's this place down the street from me that I just moved near, sells retro games and consoles and everything. Ended up emptying my entire ps5 plans on a sega genesis adapter, 2 new sega genesis games, N64 controllers and adapter, 3 new 64 games, and a N64 RCA adapter.  I'm loving this decision for at least a couple weeks than may regret it but the sega Genesis library they had was insane. Some games were like $10 some were $300+.  Crazy. Should not have had a drink at the breakfast place prior.

• Like 1

I’ve heard nothing but good things about RDR2, but I’ve tried getting into to a couple times and… when does it get fun? Lol. If I thought the first five hours or so were excruciatingly boring will I ever enjoy it? I’ve literally never heard anyone else call the game boring but it was painfully dull for me. So much just walking slowly behind someone for minutes at a time while they talk to you. I couldn’t stand it.

• Wow 1

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about RDR2, but I’ve tried getting into to a couple times and… when does it get fun? Lol. If I thought the first five hours or so were excruciatingly boring will I ever enjoy it? I’ve literally never heard anyone else call the game boring but it was painfully dull for me. So much just walking slowly behind someone for minutes at a time while they talk to you. I couldn’t stand it.

I felt like that when I first tried to play it, but I played the online a bunch and then tried the story again and fell in love with it. The first chapter is more like a tutorial so it’s slower paced but the story pulls you in. Outside of the story though, it’s one of those rare games where your seeking the stillness and serenity more than adventure. I loved hanging out at camp with the gang, exploring on horseback, hunting down ridiculous treasures and stuff - and fuck me I love the fishing. Any game with a good fishing mechanic has me in the palm of its hand.

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I got bored of it too. I played it for quite a while and it’s probably my own fault for trying to do everything and then getting burnt out. But I never managed to finish it. Even tried picking it up again recently and did a few missions before dropping it again.

• Crab 1

14 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah the first few hours are slow. 
It does open up, though. You play it for the storyline, world building/immersion, and a lot of the side content is fun (hunting legendary animals, finding the best horses, fishing, etc.). 

2 hours ago, King of the Weekend said:

It’s an amazing experience, let us know when you finish it. I have my gripes with the design, but I’ll post a vid later as I don’t want to taint your experience as you play through it.

Cover can be a nightmare and Rockstar do need to move on from that, as well as a slightly repetitive mission structure. All can be forgiven with the sheer levels of immersion though, holy shit. Thanks for holding back, I was already an idiot and spoiled it all for myself, so no worries if you're fearing that.

2 hours ago, Kay said:

It’s probably my favourite game of all time.

That's cus you're a fuckable space cowboy princess of dynastia 

• Haha 1

Just got to get out of Colter and vibe in Chapter II in Valentine, everyone that's good looking likes Valentine.

The gang is on top, archetypal Western town, calm green hue of the prairies - fucking get it in my veins, the ones on my phallus

• Love 1

6 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Just got to get out of Colter and vibe in Chapter II in Valentine, everyone that's good looking likes Valentine.

The gang is on top, archetypal Western town, calm green hue of the prairies - fucking get it in my veins, the ones on my phallus

Chapter 2 is my favourite to be fair. Spend as much time with the gang as you can, I’ve played through it fully twice and still missed loads of little bits.