Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Got myself a cheap used copy of Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu for my birthday. This is so nostalgic. My first Pokémon game was Yellow and getting it for Christmas as a kid was probably the most excited I’ve ever been for a Christmas present. I never played anything past Gold/Silver aside from the Gold DS remake (and I played a little bit of Diamond but didn’t like it and gave it to my friend. Oops, that game is valuable now lol) and the games just never interested me after that, but it’s really fun to revisit one of my absolute favorite childhood games like this. The soundtrack kicks ass too haha.

• Like 2

We got the Simpsons arcade put together over the weekend, newest addition to the game room (currently taking over the dining room til we finish the basement…one day). I’ve bowled three times & have the top 2 scores. I’m usually the worst at all the video games (other than Mario Kart/anything on Atari), so I’m going to enjoy being the best at this…for as long as it lasts. 🙃🤣

• Like 1

Spider-man games can be really hit and miss. The new ones are great. Some of the others mostly suck but swinging around the city is so fun that the game is still enjoyable. I loved Spider-man 2 (2004) but going back to it now it feels pretty bare bones. But the swinging felt so good in that one. i don't think they got the swinging right in any other game until the 2018 PS4 game.

Witcher 3 Next Gen  update. Dick yeah, going to have to get back to that. Only got to Novigrad last time - so got to tackle it again.

Considering getting a gaming laptop - anyone had any experience? I need a new machine anyway so , thought i may as well get one that can run like new games at a mid level

4 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Considering getting a gaming laptop - anyone had any experience? I need a new machine anyway so , thought i may as well get one that can run like new games at a mid level

I have this one and I love it.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-gaming-laptops/ideapad-gaming-3-gen-7-(15-inch-amd)/len101i0043?orgRef=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Was recommended to me by the IT manager at work, who is also a gamer, so I trusted his opinion.

• Wow 1

8 minutes ago, Nasa said:

I have this one and I love it.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-gaming-laptops/ideapad-gaming-3-gen-7-(15-inch-amd)/len101i0043?orgRef=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Was recommended to me by the IT manager at work, who is also a gamer, so I trusted his opinion.

oooooo. I'm liking this and it's a really reasonable price. What kind of stuff are you running on it?? Does the fan get loud. Cheers as always Nasbot

25 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

oooooo. I'm liking this and it's a really reasonable price. What kind of stuff are you running on it?? Does the fan get loud. Cheers as always Nasbot

I've never heard the fan. Nothing like Cyberpunk haha, but something like Red Dead 2 runs decently. as does AC Valhalla. I mostly use it to run older games though, like games that came out a decade ago or longer. But it does run the most recent Pokemon games on emulator pretty well. I'm not a hardcore gamer either, so keep that in mind. what do you play?

30 minutes ago, Nasa said:

I've never heard the fan. Nothing like Cyberpunk haha, but something like Red Dead 2 runs decently. as does AC Valhalla. I mostly use it to run older games though, like games that came out a decade ago or longer. But it does run the most recent Pokemon games on emulator pretty well. I'm not a hardcore gamer either, so keep that in mind. what do you play?

That's fine! I can save my console for some srs stuff. I mean, it runs RDR2 - which is still really impressive! Oldies as well. I need to play Half-Life 2 and all the episodes.  Garry's Mod. CS. So I think that would be perfect. The stuff that I can't get my teeth into on console

• Like 1

19 hours ago, _Bagel said:

That's fine! I can save my console for some srs stuff. I mean, it runs RDR2 - which is still really impressive! Oldies as well. I need to play Half-Life 2 and all the episodes.  Garry's Mod. CS. So I think that would be perfect. The stuff that I can't get my teeth into on console

I recommend comparing the specs to the requirements for your fav games before purchasing, but hopefully it's a good fit!

Quite disappointed in God of War: Ragnarok - about 15hrs in and it feels like I'm just playing the first game again. Nothing significantly new or ground breaking that some of these 10/10 reviews have been saying. 

Maybe I'm just bored of these action-adventure games that all follow the same format and mechanics i.e 'go and collect 3 of these useless objects to unlock the door'. Hopefully it picks up a bit. 

RDR2 is an absolute masterpiece - soundtrack, characters, graphics and storytelling is perfect.  

32 minutes ago, Djent - The Soy Boy said:

I'm late to this discussion, but RDR2 is probably my third favorite video game of all time. Ocarina of Time and Super Mario World coming before it

Fucking love RDR2 and its so weird for us to have that in common haha

Just now, Kay said:

Fucking love RDR2 and its so weird for us to have that in common haha

Lol I mean it's a game right up my alley, it's like somewhat made it just for me. I'm surprised you like it honestly. I don't mean that as an insult, just genuinely surprised that we would agree as well

May I suggest Lonesome Dove? @Speedo @Elisa 😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Djent - The Soy Boy said:

Lol I mean it's a game right up my alley, it's like somewhat made it just for me. I'm surprised you like it honestly. I don't mean that as an insult, just genuinely surprised that we would agree as well

May I suggest Lonesome Dove? @Speedo @Elisa 😎

I was so opposed to it at first but I was bored on gta online, got rdr online for cheap, enjoyed it enough to retry the story, fell deeply in love with it all. It doesn’t make sense for me to like it setting and genre wise, but the story drew me in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roux said:

Quite disappointed in God of War: Ragnarok - about 15hrs in and it feels like I'm just playing the first game again. Nothing significantly new or ground breaking that some of these 10/10 reviews have been saying. 

Maybe I'm just bored of these action-adventure games that all follow the same format and mechanics i.e 'go and collect 3 of these useless objects to unlock the door'. Hopefully it picks up a bit. 

RDR2 is an absolute masterpiece - soundtrack, characters, graphics and storytelling is perfect.  

I'm really enjoying Ragnarok so far (about 10 hours in) but I don't disagree with you, as far as game mechanics go there's nothing groundbreakingly new about it. It's been long enough since I played the 2018 game that I'm perfectly happy with just being thrust back into that world again but I do hope something new is introduced to change things up a bit soon.

One thing that definitely bugs me is the hand-holding, you spend 30 seconds in a new area checking around to get your bearings and Atreus is already flat out telling you where you have to go or what you have to do. With the impressive number of settings available I was really hoping you could turn these comments off but haven't been able to find anything.

2 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

New Pokémon games are pretty sweet been playing the leak for about a week now. Open world is such an improvement for these games. Definitely needs some improvements buts it’s not a bad effort from gamefreak at all.

I'm tempted to get it at some point, though I've not played a Pokemon game that hasn't disappointed me in some way since the old days. Sounds like there's a little more variation in these ones so might give them a go.