Video Games Thread

dildo69er

On 11/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, Russel Coight said:

While true for the most part they’ve definitely started trying different things. Legends Arceus and Scarlet/Violet are totally different to what the standard Pokémon experience has been.

A lot of the blame needs to fall on TPCi and them forcing a game every 12 months. If given a bit more time to develop things I think Gamefreak could pull off something much better.

Seriously. And with the amount of money they've all made that they could then invest into making the games on a longer release schedule, they have no excuse for the glitches and whatnot. 

How's the game running for you?

7 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Seriously. And with the amount of money they've all made that they could then invest into making the games on a longer release schedule, they have no excuse for the glitches and whatnot. 

How's the game running for you?

Yep there’s no need for the annual release schedule. Or at least outsource games and let gamefreak focus on the core series every 2-3 years.

Honestly outside of some pretty heavy frame drops the game has run perfectly fine for me. Put 50 hours in and finished it the other night. Zero crashes. Zero weird bugs/glitches. I’ve seen everything on Twitter etc and I haven’t had any of that happen. I have made the habit of closing the software and restarting my switch when I’m done every night. Apparently it’s a memory leak problem and that fixes that. 

Honestly it’s the best Pokémon game they’ve made in years. If they can fix up the frame issues etc it deserves to be pretty highly praised.

• Like 1

I didn’t even mean to start playing Let’s Go right when a new mainline game came out. It’s funny playing my first Pokémon in forever and it’s just a remake of a 20+ year old game while everyone else is playing the brand new thing.

I’d love a Gold/Silver Let’s Go. But give us more control options ffs I can’t believe they did that shit lol

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Gan said:

Damn, I didn't realize Meta bought out the oculus quest.  Was just going to finally get one of these but can't support that Meta world shit.

Anyone have luck with the PSvr ones? I read you can only get 180° view and kind of trip over the cords and stuff.  

I don't know much about it but i definitely reckon i'm gonna get the PSVR2 eventually. Looks cool as shit. Seems like your stuck a gen behind on the PS4 and miss out on the better stuff coming out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

I don't know much about it but i definitely reckon i'm gonna get the PSVR2 eventually. Looks cool as shit. Seems like your stuck a gen behind on the PS4 and miss out on the better stuff coming out.

Yeah, I was watching/reading a lot on that too.  It's got way better specs and will be way better for gaming purposes than the Oculus, but won't have the 360 pane ability or be as portable. 

Tough call for me, because I don't have a strong desire to game hard on VR, which will be the PSVR2's strongsuit, I just want the simple VR stuff, like the zombie stand off/quick games, which Oculus has...but have zero zero desire to enter the Meta world at all.

I'll get the ps5 once it has it's first price drop...by then the VR should be pretty underway (Feb 2023 it says?).  Ps4 is still good enough for now, minus the controllers.

I do think VR will be the way we game in 5-10 years though..makes sense.  PSVR2 does look really enticing.