Video Games Thread

dildo69er

I'm probably going to pick it up on friday, I think it's on Xbox One. I plan on impressing my wife with my wizarding ability ... later on, I'll show her my wand. It's got a phoenix core right now but I just started an antibiotic for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

OG Half Life is amazing. A fan released a free remake using the Source engine (Half Life 2) called Black Mesa; definitely worth playing. 

I just checked and I don't think my laptop will handle it, which sucks but I'm less than casual at best so it's not worth it to upgrade to a gaming pc.

1 hour ago, Worst poster here said:

I’d probably still wait to save $20 (or try to haggle them down to at least $80). I’ve become really frugal though with interest rates, inflation, etc increasing. I don’t have the same excitement and FOMO for new games that I used to, probably just because of having less free time and fatigue from an over saturated market. 

Tbf I only buy maybe 4 games a year at launch so the extra cost definitely falls into my splurge spending comfortable.

We’ve just jumped on the frugal wagon as well to try and get on top of things. We’ve luckily got still 18ish months left in a low fixed rate for our mortgage but when that’s up it’ll be interesting to see where things are. Spent most of my Saturday getting out of the “lazy tax” and changed internet providers, phone providers, energy etc to new companies that offer deals and such. Saving myself 100-150 a month extra so happy with that.

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I'm probably going to pick it up on friday, I think it's on Xbox One. I plan on impressing my wife with my wizarding ability ... later on, I'll show her my wand. It's got a phoenix core right now but I just started an antibiotic for that.

I think the versions for pleb consoles are coming out at a later date. So ps4-Xbox one aren’t out yet.

3 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Cause of the shortages? I think that’s over now aye. Pretty sure you can get them everywhere fairly easy now.

They’re sold out at Target, GameStop, Walmart, and Best Buy’s around me and Amazon is still invitation only. I’m sure it’s possible to find one but it’s inconvenient still here and so I wait.

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

They’re sold out at Target, GameStop, Walmart, and Best Buy’s around me and Amazon is still invitation only. I’m sure it’s possible to find one but it’s inconvenient still here and so I wait.

Weird. They’ve been doing this huge marketing push lately that’s basically them saying the shortage is over. I saw multiple at the few shops I went to over the weekend. Guess demand around you is still high.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 2:19 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’ve really only played 4 and 5 and a good chunk of the first game. I’ve been curious about the rest of the series but I guess not curious enough to actually play any of them yet. But I really want to play RE 2 and 3 remakes because they look like RE4.

I would try RE2 if you enjoyed RE4, as it's one of the most lauded along with RE4. I got RE3 waiting to be played and it's more action, so it's probably not super scary. Do these games actually scare you? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I would try RE2 if you enjoyed RE4, as it's one of the most lauded along with RE4. I got RE3 waiting to be played and it's more action, so it's probably not super scary. Do these games actually scare you? 

4 did when I first played it in high school, now only one part at the end still gets me every time lol. 5 wasn't scary at all to me, but still fun. I can't remember if what I played of the first one scared me. I do remember laughing at the hilariously bad dialogue.

I've heard 7 is pretty scary. I'd like to try it eventually!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Coightstanza said:

People are stingier here lol you might see $20 off 6 months down the line unless the game is crap. You’d be waiting 2 years for it to be half price. 

I got nothing else to play atm so i’m happy spending the bit extra to play it now.

I don't want to be the one to say it so the studios never hear, but $60 for these games these days is a steal. Compared to everything else that has gone up, and how much content these games have nowadays, they are really worth about $150-$200 honestly.  I don't love the new 'super content pack but not thriving in one mode specifically + DLC', but they are worth more nowadays. 

I'm still playing Battlefront 2 right now, best game I've had for the ps4 honestly.  Coight if you're still on the fence, it's like $18 right now and a very casual shooter. It's not like call of duty. You can camp out and defend command posts, set up turrets and such,  or go out in groups to take over other's... or grab a vehicle and go blast people.. or a jetpack man.. or a Jedi once killed enough.  Or go in the sky, all in the same map. 

Sometimes I just roll around as a droideka and distract everybody and freak them out so my teammates can infiltrate.

Oh, also you can be an ewok and hide in bushes and stab people or shoot arrows without being seen. 

3 hours ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

I don't want to be the one to say it so the studios never hear, but $60 for these games these days is a steal. Compared to everything else that has gone up, and how much content these games have nowadays, they are really worth about $150-$200 honestly.  I don't love the new 'super content pack but not thriving in one mode specifically + DLC', but they are worth more nowadays. 

I'm still playing Battlefront 2 right now, best game I've had for the ps4 honestly.  Coight if you're still on the fence, it's like $18 right now and a very casual shooter. It's not like call of duty. You can camp out and defend command posts, set up turrets and such,  or go out in groups to take over other's... or grab a vehicle and go blast people.. or a jetpack man.. or a Jedi once killed enough.  Or go in the sky, all in the same map. 

Sometimes I just roll around as a droideka and distract everybody and freak them out so my teammates can infiltrate.

Oh, also you can be an ewok and hide in bushes and stab people or shoot arrows without being seen. 

I think games are worth what they charge atm. But I also get that if you can get it cheaper by waiting and you’re happy to do that then that’s definitely a thing to do.

I have it Jan. just no interest in playing it. Sorry! Maybe one day when I’ve got absolutely nothing else.

28 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I can never keep track of when these things are supposed to happen. Are they just random?

There are patterns. Early year(feb), mid year(June/e3) and then late(sep) are the general times you can expect one but they don’t necessarily stick to it. They’re only ever announced a day or two in advance.

• Like 1