Video Games Thread

dildo69er

35 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Shit, I still haven’t adjusted to $60 games yet. After the GameCube/Wii era it’s just ingrained in my head that video games cost $50. Even though that hasn’t been the case for a while now.

Just doesn’t feel right for the switch tbh. It’s not a next gen console. Unless Nintendo is announcing the switch 2 tomorrow the price hike seems unfair.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coightstanza said:

Just doesn’t feel right for the switch tbh. It’s not a next gen console. Unless Nintendo is announcing the switch 2 tomorrow the price hike seems unfair.

Nintendo has never given a fuck about their fan base, at this point I kind of respect it.

8 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Nintendo has never given a fuck about their fan base, at this point I kind of respect it.

No kidding. They have had some bizarre takes on competitive gaming tournaments, online play (took them like 3 generations to put together a half decent platform), and making past gen games available on the virtual console (the Nintendo DS ambassador program gave access to certain games, and if you missed it, you were SOL). They have some strange approaches for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Funny thing is I have a clear memory of saving up $70 to buy Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 on the N64. Games actually got cheaper for a while and they’re just starting to go back up in price.

I remember it being $50/$60.

6 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Xenoblade story dlc got me moist, Xenoblade fans wet dream that was.

work got busy and I haven’t watched Zelda yet but soon.

It just seemed like more of the same, show a bit more of the game and enemies. I’m sure the YouTube sleuths will puzzle it all out and ever secret will be revealed in an hour or two.

Metroid Prime Remaster got me hyped. Dual stick controls is a game changer for that game. Guess I’ll be playing that again sometime!

And finally Advance Wars remake got a release date. That was my favorite Game Boy Advance game.

Zelda looks so fun! Looks like there will be lots of new stuff to keep you entertained even if the overworld stays mostly the same 

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think prices varied back then. Then $50 became standard for a while.

I feel like the lesser selling games were all $30 and the good games were all $50 for a long time.  

I want to say Call Of Duty got big on xbox360 is when it hit $60.

Could be way off here.

Reusing the same world in Zelda sucks. That was my biggest worry about the sequel and it still is. Still, it looks like there will hopefully be a lot of new stuff to make it worth it. 

I've been slowly replaying Breath of the Wild and it still amazes me how good that game is. I just hope Tears of the Kingdom feels fresh. I almost worry that playing BOTW right now might be spoiling some of the fun the sequel might have provided.

17 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Reusing the same world in Zelda sucks. That was my biggest worry about the sequel and it still is. Still, it looks like there will hopefully be a lot of new stuff to make it worth it. 

I've been slowly replaying Breath of the Wild and it still amazes me how good that game is. I just hope Tears of the Kingdom feels fresh. I almost worry that playing BOTW right now might be spoiling some of the fun the sequel might have provided.

I’ll still probably put another 400 hours into it like I did with botw even if it is super similar lol

• Haha 1