Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Finished Breath of the Wild for my second time. This time with all the DLC since I never finished that my first time around. Damn, still 10/10. It's hard to imagine Tears of the Kingdom surpassing it, but I know it's going to be very fun at least.

Probably gonna play through Jedi Fallen Order again in preparation for the sequel. It's pretty short. Might play Metroid Prime after that.

• Like 2

Just now, Worst poster here said:

It’s mainly just about exploration and finding materials to upgrade your gear.

I remember snacking on apples during big boss battles. Really took me out of it. Also didn't like the shrines as they felt unimportant. The map felt too big to ever feel familiar or cozy anywhere.

These things are probably fun for a lot of people, but not my style. Too old I guess to appreciate the modern trends in gaming. Big for the sake of being big doesn't impress me. I'd rather have a small map that I am super familiar with. Same goes for GTA.

(opinion)

47 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I remember snacking on apples during big boss battles. Really took me out of it. Also didn't like the shrines as they felt unimportant. The map felt too big to ever feel familiar or cozy anywhere.

These things are probably fun for a lot of people, but not my style. Too old I guess to appreciate the modern trends in gaming. Big for the sake of being big doesn't impress me. I'd rather have a small map that I am super familiar with. Same goes for GTA.

(opinion)

I agree, I’ve bitched about it multiple times in this thread, but the game generally does a poor job rewarding exploration. You can go out of your way and take down a village of enemies and get something useless like 5 arrows as a reward most of the time.

Elden Ring is a perfect example of a big, open world that rewards exploration much better. 

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Parts were fun, but the non-linear style with only like 3 proper dungeons was a let down for me

I had a lot more fun replaying the Link's Awakening remake

Link’s Awakening remake was so good. I can’t wait for the Breath of the Wild sequel but I really hope Nintendo is planning on doing more 2D-style Zeldas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Link’s Awakening remake was so good. I can’t wait for the Breath of the Wild sequel but I really hope Nintendo is planning on doing more 2D-style Zeldas.

I'd also kill for a proper Ocarina of Time redo. Same game but fix the camera and graphics. Probably too big of an undertaking but I'd love it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'd also kill for a proper Ocarina of Time redo. Same game but fix the camera and graphics. Probably too big of an undertaking but I'd love it.

Bunch of fans built a proper pc port of the game so it’s not just emulating the n64 rom. Has allowed for heaps of etc like a normal rotating camera, updated textures, 60fps etc. Pretty cool. Not a full blown remake but possibly the best you’ll get currently.

4 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Nah 3ds only. Never played it either. Wasn’t it basically a Link to the past remake? 

Yes and no. It used the same map, but the dungeons/bosses were new, you bought your items/weapons and could complete dungeons in any order you wanted, it included a new gameplay mechanic that made for new puzzles (hieroglyphic on the wall), and there were extra side quests/features in collecting stuff, upgrading your sword, and a tower where you fight off hordes of increasingly difficult enemies. It also had multiple difficulty modes and made use of the 3D technology like when you could see multiple floors of dungeons. 

• Like 1