Video Games Thread

dildo69er

25 minutes ago, Release Some Shit said:

This actually hurts me inside because I just literally swept off all my 'cool' games to that I didn't really play anymore to make room for the few I still play, while those little gimmicky free games only take 1/2 a gig, so they stay, and I was genuinely self-conscious about anyone viewing my library, but said fuck it, no one will look.  Of course Coight looks.

So I guess I just proved my point wrong with the hard drives.

Please keep us posted with the PS5 speedumb, I've been tempted to switch, and feel like I game as much/little as you.  The VR coming out for it looks intense too for a couple years from now gaming. 

SW BF2 also $6.99 on the PS store right now.  $6.99..

Why are you shitting on me with the name calling?! I didn’t do anything!

9 hours ago, Release Some Shit said:

Day 5(?) of no tobacco/nicotine.  Was going hard up until that point.  I just lack motivation right now, but feel 'smarter'.

Weird. I’m normally fine from day 4 onwards. It’s that first 72 hours I’m a cunt and edgy all the time.

I am replaying BotW and I have to say I'm enjoying it much more on my second time through. I feel less pressured to FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS (which I now know kind of disappoints) and am more interested in the exploration/do whatever the fuck I want aspects.

My complaints about the weapons breaking and the need to snack while battling still stand though. Both remain extremely annoying.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I am replaying BotW and I have to say I'm enjoying it much more on my second time through. I feel less pressured to FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS (which I now know kind of disappoints) and am more interested in the exploration/do whatever the fuck I want aspects.

My complaints about the weapons breaking and the need to snack while battling still stand though. Both remain extremely annoying.

The weapons are a big reason I rage quit the first time. I had barely made it 5 hours in at the time before dropping it. I came back to the game a year or two later and it didn’t bother me all that much. I’m hoping TotK does away or betters the weapons but I have a feeling it’s going to be more of the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

The weapons are a big reason I rage quit the first time. I had barely made it 5 hours in at the time before dropping it. I came back to the game a year or two later and it didn’t bother me all that much. I’m hoping TotK does away or betters the weapons but I have a feeling it’s going to be more of the same.

Like I get it if you're using a garden hoe as a weapon. But if I have some giant nice sword it should last more than 10 swings.

My hunch is the new game will be very similar to BotW in terms of everything but storyline. I'm ok with that, but please fix the weapons and snacking. Tweak at the very least

55 minutes ago, Ghent said:

What do you mean by the need to snack while battling? Like as in it’s the only way to heal yourself? Or that it makes it too easy?

Just now, Coightstanza said:

What do you mean by the need to snack while battling? Like as in it’s the only way to heal yourself? Or that it makes it too easy?

Like oh I'm about to die, good thing I have 27 apples in my inventory. *proceeds to chomp 13 of them* *resumes fight*

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Like oh I'm about to die, good thing I have 27 apples in my inventory. *proceeds to chomp 13 of them* *resumes fight*

Yeah that can make battles easy but you can just choose not do it if it bothers you. Just limit yourself to meal boosts or the OG pink fairy healing and if you die you die and reload your last save.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 9:55 AM, Ghent said:

I’m okay with weapons breaking but they shouldn’t break that fast.

And the damn Master Sword shouldn’t run out of batteries.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Release Some Shit said:

The fact I'm closely following your journey on getting a ps5 screams that blink is waiting way too long. 

Keep us posted though. 

I got The Last of Us and Spider-Man on PS Plus. I’ve mostly been playing Spider-Man.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Release Some Shit said:

These aren't updates bro, I want reviews, breakdowns, likes dislikes, worth it? Etc

C'MON SPEEDO

It’s definitely worth it, especially the PS Plus. I haven’t really done all that much … I’ll say that set up was a pain in the ass and the battery life on the controller kind of sucks. Everything else has been great. Would recommend.

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

It’s definitely worth it, especially the PS Plus. I haven’t really done all that much … I’ll say that set up was a pain in the ass and the battery life on the controller kind of sucks. Everything else has been great. Would recommend.

My controller battery lasts ages aye. 8 hours easily even on heavy haptic games. I’ve seen people say both online (shit/good) so I wonder if there is some dodgy ones out there.