Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Got into the first dungeon (went to Zora) on my BotW replay. Now I'm remembering some of my complaints with this game. That dungeon is.....not fun. In fact, it's just annoying. I'd hate to know how long that would have taken me raising and lowering the damn elephant trunk to figure shit out.

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Got into the first dungeon (went to Zora) on my BotW replay. Now I'm remembering some of my complaints with this game. That dungeon is.....not fun. In fact, it's just annoying. I'd hate to know how long that would have taken me raising and lowering the damn elephant trunk to figure shit out.

The problem with the 'dungeons' in BOTW is that they just don't really feel like proper Zelda dungeons (with exception to the Camel-shaped one, did like that one), plus they were overall really easy far easier than typical 3D Zelda dungeons, except again for that camel one.

I'm hoping TotK has more traditional dungeons, and I theorize they might all be hidden underground in the map.  We know the game will be taking to the skies, but we also have seen how they were exploring a cavern in one of the trailers, and how the island in the middle now floats, could be real easy to make an entrance to a huge underground map where the dungeons might lie at that point.  Would also be cool in how it would overall nearly triple the map size of BOTW with the sky and underground. 

31 minutes ago, M!ke said:

The problem with the 'dungeons' in BOTW is that they just don't really feel like proper Zelda dungeons (with exception to the Camel-shaped one, did like that one), plus they were overall really easy far easier than typical 3D Zelda dungeons, except again for that camel one.

I mean they are easy as in they aren't long and complex looking, but some of this stuff could take ages to figure out. Simply having the ability to raise and lower the trunk could have easily been missed. It flashes on your screen and isn't referenced again. The trial and error involved in all of that with no guidance could be terrible. Also, the 3D map= awful and useless.

The Divine Beasts themselves are kind of cringe too. This game is amazing, but it simply has issues that I can't overlook.

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I mean they are easy as in they aren't long and complex looking, but some of this stuff could take ages to figure out. Simply having the ability to raise and lower the trunk could have easily been missed. It flashes on your screen and isn't referenced again. The trial and error involved in all of that with no guidance could be terrible. Also, the 3D map= awful and useless.

The Divine Beasts themselves are kind of cringe too. This game is amazing, but it simply has issues that I can't overlook.

My favourite part of the game was when you get to the Zora village and there’s that guy that talks to you and keeps pointing and winking. I’m guessing it’s a weird Japanese cultural thing but I’m that shit made me laugh at how cringe it was.

1 minute ago, Worst poster here said:

My favourite part of the game was when you get to the Zora village and there’s that guy that talks to you and keeps pointing and winking. I’m guessing it’s a weird Japanese cultural thing but I’m that shit made me laugh at how cringe it was.

Prince Sidon!

sidon_cheer_up_pose_20201101_hq_by_ninte

12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Hmm maybe I had been playing too many 3D puzzlers at that time, because I breezed through 3 of the 4 BOTW dungeons faster than any Zelda dungeon should ever take me on the first try with no additional guidance at that, the maps gave me no issues with their mechanics. That 4th Camel dungeon though was a bit of a brain-fuck as I recall, really wish they were all like that. 

1 minute ago, Worst poster here said:

Yeah I will never understand why they made him do the same stupid shit over and over 

I actually hated him the first time through and was super annoyed but I'm embracing him this time. It was jarring on first play lol

7 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Hmm maybe I had been playing too many 3D puzzlers at that time, because I breezed through 3 of the 4 BOTW dungeons faster than any Zelda dungeon should ever take me on the first try with no additional guidance at that, the maps gave me no issues with their mechanics. That 4th Camel dungeon though was a bit of a brain-fuck as I recall, really wish they were all like that. 

They're hard to compare to traditional Zelda dungeons. I was left too annoyed to proceed without guidance after the first couple easy terminals. Maybe it's not that it's difficult, I just didn't feel motivated to figure it out on my own.

7 minutes ago, Matt. said:

This guy knows how to fuck a butt.

You're right. It's my exact pose and expression after a good butt session as well. All that's missing is a chime sound effect for the toothy grin

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Low Value Boy said:

Would be no TLOU without RE.

Would really recommend giving RE4 remake a go if you like TLOU, incredible game and this will be the best way ever to experience it for the first time.

Did you play the other remakes? I’m about halfway through RE2 which is great, will try to play through RE3 later this year. 

I’d recommend the games (especially RE2) if you enjoy third person action/zombie thriller games that involve puzzle solving with a Metroidvania style approach (going back to the same area frequently) and lots of upgrades to weapons and collectibles. RE4 was more a linear action game if memory serves correct though. 

2 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Did you play the other remakes? I’m about halfway through RE2 which is great, will try to play through RE3 later this year. 

I’d recommend the games (especially RE2) if you enjoy third person action/zombie thriller games that involve puzzle solving with a Metroidvania style approach (going back to the same area frequently) and lots of upgrades to weapons and collectibles. RE4 was more a linear action game if memory serves correct though. 

Loved the RE2 remake - completely surpassed my expectations and is eell worth a play, heard RE3 was a bit of a cash grab though and only 4 hours long. I might pick it up now as you can get it for dirt cheap.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Low Value Boy said:

Would be no TLOU without RE.

Would really recommend giving RE4 remake a go if you like TLOU, incredible game and this will be the best way ever to experience it for the first time.

I’ll give the demo a go. Is it stealthy? I basically play TLOU as a stealth game with minimal shooting which is how I like it.