Video Games Thread

dildo69er

It is a sequel so I do expect slot of similar gameplay elements but i still think they’re showing very little on purpose and the game is going to be huge.

I firmly believe we’re getting an underground cave system after this gameplay trailer too 

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

I just showed up here to say that I thought it looked pretty cool. At least they came up with some new abilities to play with. I assumed the game would be very similar to the last in most regards

Yeah what they showed today alone is really going to open up the possibilities of how you approach anything in such an open world game. And I love that there is so so much we don't know about the game, I want this thing to be filled with mystery on my first playthrough, not be an open book. 

3 hours ago, Coightstanza said:

It is a sequel so I do expect slot of similar gameplay elements but i still think they’re showing very little on purpose and the game is going to be huge.

I firmly believe we’re getting an underground cave system after this gameplay trailer too 

Yup, I have been campaigning the idea of an underground system since the very first teaser showcased Link and Zelda in an elaborate cavern of some sort that I always imagined is deep under the castle.  Now with the Ascend ability, it's easy to see how you could use that in an instant in such an underground to get to the surface. And I speculate, that simce we have an ascend ability, we might have a descend ability that could easily get us from the surface to the underground as well. 

5 hours ago, M!ke said:

Yup, I have been campaigning the idea of an underground system since the very first teaser showcased Link and Zelda in an elaborate cavern of some sort that I always imagined is deep under the castle.  Now with the Ascend ability, it's easy to see how you could use that in an instant in such an underground to get to the surface. And I speculate, that simce we have an ascend ability, we might have a descend ability that could easily get us from the surface to the underground as well. 

If the Mongols stormed at you, and you were literally your avatar, would you use the poke ball or master sword first? Keep in mind they will rape you and your Pokémon if you fail 

I started to watch the TOTK gameplay video, and my internet went out 30 seconds in. Then I decided I don’t really want to see any of it and go in as blind as I can. I’ll watch another official trailer if they do another one but other than that I think I’m going to avoid as much as I can.

• Like 1

I don't know if I ever shared this but I was able to get different tracks from three bands on the soundtrack, gameplay and promo videos of three iOS mobile games back in 2018. 

I wouldn't have expected this but now the gameplay video has more than 1M views and people in the comments discovered that track via the song placement all because of me, crazy indeed!

• Love 3

I have now played through Resident Evil 2 and 3 Remakes. Both pretty short. Resident Evil 2 was like a 10/10. Super scary but super fun the whole time. Took the gameplay style of Resident Evil 4 (OG) and made it feel so much better. Loved everything about it.

3 Remake was just okay. While no matter how difficult or frightening 2 got, I was always having fun. With 3 I felt like I was just getting frustrated a whole lot more. Started looking up walkthroughs because I wasn't having enough fun to care about figuring things out on my own. Weird since 2 and 3 are extremely similar, but 2 was fantastic and 3 wasn't for some reason.

Really want to play 4 Remake now. Soon probably. 4 Original is one of my all-time favorite games, so I can't wait to see how the new version plays.

• Like 2

I wish they would do a next gen Resident Evil 1 remake - one of my favourite games, nothing in the series has come close to it imo. All of these remakes feel kinda small, empty and short (although still great games)  - there was soo much going on in the first game. and the level design was great 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Roux said:

I wish they would do a next gen Resident Evil 1 remake - one of my favourite games, nothing in the series has come close to it imo. All of these remakes feel kinda small, empty and short (although still great games)  - there was soo much going on in the first game. and the level design was great 

I also played through RE1 recently, both the original version and the remake. OG was fun and cheesy, and Remake was great! But I agree it would be great if they remade it again in the style of the newer remakes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I have now played through Resident Evil 2 and 3 Remakes. Both pretty short. Resident Evil 2 was like a 10/10. Super scary but super fun the whole time. Took the gameplay style of Resident Evil 4 (OG) and made it feel so much better. Loved everything about it.

3 Remake was just okay. While no matter how difficult or frightening 2 got, I was always having fun. With 3 I felt like I was just getting frustrated a whole lot more. Started looking up walkthroughs because I wasn't having enough fun to care about figuring things out on my own. Weird since 2 and 3 are extremely similar, but 2 was fantastic and 3 wasn't for some reason.

Really want to play 4 Remake now. Soon probably. 4 Original is one of my all-time favorite games, so I can't wait to see how the new version plays.

Ay I’m just about to wrap up my first play through on RE2 remake (never played the original). I just got to the lab as Leon. Is playing through again as Claire worth it? I’m a pretty casual fan and have a big backlog, so I’m thinking of skipping it and maybe jumping into RE3 but expectations are low lol. 

4 hours ago, Worst poster here said:

Ay I’m just about to wrap up my first play through on RE2 remake (never played the original). I just got to the lab as Leon. Is playing through again as Claire worth it? I’m a pretty casual fan and have a big backlog, so I’m thinking of skipping it and maybe jumping into RE3 but expectations are low lol. 

A second playthrough was worth it to me just because I was having so much fun and wasn’t ready for it to end. Claire’s story is slightly different but mostly the same. You go to a couple different areas, get some different weapons, and meet some different characters. If you’re going to do it do Claire (2nd run) because that way you’ll get an extra final boss and the “real” ending. I wouldn’t say it’s necessary but I enjoyed it, so it’s up to you. The other modes you unlock after finishing it suck though imo. Little bonus modes where you have to survive as other characters through stupidly difficult short scenarios. I gave up on those pretty quickly.

• Like 1

RE4 is the best, NQAT. 

Then RE2, then probably RE1. 

I never played 7 or Village so probably should....RE just feels like it should always be third person to me. 

Anyone playing the RE4 remake on next gen? absolutely brilliant - kept everything that made the original amazing and then just modernised it/enhanced it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Low Value Boy said:

Anyone playing the RE4 remake on next gen? absolutely brilliant - kept everything that made the original amazing and then just modernised it/enhanced it. 

Just started it last night. Only a couple hours in but loving it so far. I loved how everything has been slightly different so far, except for the initial village where everyone tries to kill you until the church bell rings. I thought it was great that that whole village was exactly the same as before.

Can’t wait to play more tonight. I can’t believe they turned what was already one of my favorite games of all time into something even better. And it’s such a pretty game too. I don’t play a lot of modern stuff outside of the Switch which isn’t all that impressive performance and graphics-wise, so a lot of modern games still amaze me lol 

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Resident Evil 5, despite barely being horror at all, was one of my favorite co-op games. Drifted a bit far from what makes Resident Evil what it is, but it made for a great two-player experience imo 

I wish I had friends still.  Can't count the last time I've ever sat down and played a co-op or splitscreen with anyone outside my devious exes. 

Those were top memories of the past.

• Sad 2