Video Games Thread

dildo69er

17 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

Just cleared my second region. Max stamina wheel and 11 hearts. I can fuck shit up now. Got this cool seeming side adventure I wanna check out this arvo before tackling another region.

Hebra first then death mountain for you?

28 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Hebra first then death mountain for you?

Went south to the Gerudos. Wanted to hang with some sexy dessert women. Also though clearing west - east would be nice. Like a wave of alpha badassery sweeping itself across Hyrule.

• Haha 1

I’m just exploring like crazy. My biggest worry about this game was that it wouldn’t be as fun to explore of BOTW because it’s the same world. So far, it’s been super fun. The familiarity actually almost makes it more fun. Like I know the basic idea of where certain things are, but i don’t really know what to expect because so much has changed. Old areas feel new. Very fun.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’m just exploring like crazy. My biggest worry about this game was that it wouldn’t be as fun to explore of BOTW because it’s the same world. So far, it’s been super fun. The familiarity actually almost makes it more fun. Like I know the basic idea of where certain things are, but i don’t really know what to expect because so much has changed. Old areas feel new. Very fun.

Same. Exactly how I felt. I’ve unlocked all of the surface world map now and still feel like there is still so much left to explore.

Needed to do some questing though. Wanted to see what was happening.

There are lots of games where I put off doing the main story because I know when it’s done I’ll just drop the game and not do the extras. But I know with this game I’ll still put heaps of time in unlocking, exploring etc once I’m done with the story.

• Like 1

Both times I beat BOTW I did all 120 shrines before going to Hyrule Castle. I feel like I’ll likely do something like that again.

Wonder if we’re gonna get DLC for this game. I beat BOTW before the DLC the first time. Made my second playthrough more fun because I had all this extra stuff to do that time.

On 5/1/2023 at 5:13 PM, High Value Coight said:

I have 0 guilt whatsoever. It’s Nintendo. They copyright sites hosting 30 year old nes roms and YouTubers like crazy. Fuck em.

the game still break all sorts of records

My friend works in copyright law and he said if you don't go after these sites, your IP is in peril of being considered public domain and/or abandoned. This is also the case when they're making money off of the roms, like certain websites were. Also, fuck it, they own the game. They did the hard work. I feel like they should be able to do with it as they will. I don't think nintendo is looking for money in these cases or being greedy, but are trying to keep their IPs stable and compliant with the laws so they don't fall out of their ownership.

I also don't really agree with the "well you won't sell it to me, so you owe me, and I can have it for free, fuck you" crowd either. I don't think a book I wrote when I was 21 is yours because I don't want to keep it in circulation. 

I say this as someone who has pirated media.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

If anyone has any Link amiibos, they give you costume pieces a lot more easily than they did in BOTW. I have a whole bunch of classic Link tunics already lol

I bought like nfc cards or something off eBay that mimic the amiboos. I gotta find them.

• Like 1