Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Also I’ve only just now realised, at about 100 hours deep, you can just drop a brightbloom seed and hit it with a sword to make it light up the depths. I was so sure you had to shoot it with an arrow. I’ve spent so much time navigating in the dark because I ran out of arrows lol

6 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

I love Majora’s Mask too don’t get me wrong but I do agree with Ghent that it’s a neutered OoT. If it wasn’t for the sick story and gloomy atmosphere it wouldn’t stand up as much more than an asset flip.

I've played through OOT way more times than MM, but every time I play MM I'm like mmm yeah this is the good stuff. I love the world and the characters and how everyone has a daily routine and schedule, and it feels like everyone you meet has a life and matters. BOTW and TOTK have elements of that, which I think is great. MM's weakest point are the dungeons though. They aren't great but I love everything else.

5 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

Also I’ve only just now realised, at about 100 hours deep, you can just drop a brightbloom seed and hit it with a sword to make it light up the depths. I was so sure you had to show it with an arrow. I’ve spent so much time navigating in the dark because I ran out of arrows lol

you can just throw them!

20 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I've played through OOT way more times than MM, but every time I play MM I'm like mmm yeah this is the good stuff. I love the world and the characters and how everyone has a daily routine and schedule, and it feels like everyone you meet has a life and matters. BOTW and TOTK have elements of that, which I think is great. MM's weakest point are the dungeons though. They aren't great but I love everything else.

Yeah that stuff is all great and really adds to how awesome MM is. But as you said the dungeons are weak and there’s what, 4 of them plus the moon? OoT has 3 as a kid and 6(?) as an adult. I get there’s more to do with side quests etc but for being an asset clone you’d get more from the sequel.

23 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

you can just throw them!

How? When I press up and select it I only have the drop option? Do I have to select it and hold it through the menu?

16 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

Yeah that stuff is all great and really adds to how awesome MM is. But as you said the dungeons are weak and there’s what, 4 of them plus the moon? OoT has 3 as a kid and 6(?) as an adult. I get there’s more to do with side quests etc but for being an asset clone you’d get more from the sequel.

yeah I enjoy the focus on side quests over dungeons in that game. I don’t want every Zelda game to be side quests only with no focus on dungeons, but it really works for me with that game specifically. And I do just really like the gloomy more mature vibe. Which ironically I don’t like that much in Twilight Princess (though it’s still a good game). I don’t know exactly why, but Majora’s Mask just works for me. Clock Town feels more alive than any other Zelda town that I can think of, it’s a comfy place for me and super nostalgic.

18 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

How? When I press up and select it I only have the drop option? Do I have to select it and hold it through the menu?

Hold the button to throw your weapon and instead of letting go and throwing your weapon press up (I think) and then you can select an item to throw instead. Works with anything! A little dangerous with bombs though because you can’t throw them very far, I’ve blown myself up too many times doing it haha

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

yeah I enjoy the focus on side quests over dungeons in that game. I don’t want every Zelda game to be side quests only with no focus on dungeons, but it really works for me with that game specifically. And I do just really like the gloomy more mature vibe. Which ironically I don’t like that much in Twilight Princess (though it’s still a good game). I don’t know exactly why, but Majora’s Mask just works for me. Clock Town feels more alive than any other Zelda town that I can think of, it’s a comfy place for me and super nostalgic.

While I enjoy it as well(quite a bit) but it does kinda feel like an OoT expansion sometimes. It definitely works in the game though.

Sounds like im shitting on it but im not! It’s too 3 Zelda for me as well. I love it!

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Hold the button to throw your weapon and instead of letting go and throwing your weapon press up (I think) and then you can select an item to throw instead. Works with anything! A little dangerous with bombs though because you can’t throw them very far, I’ve blown myself up too many times doing it haha

What the fuck!? Was that explained in game? I did not know this. Haha

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

What the fuck!? Was that explained in game? I did not know this. Haha

I don't remember if this was explained in the game or not haha. I might have figured it out on my own desperately looking for a way to throw bombs without attaching them to arrows.

I might start back on the Ring Fit Adventure grind again. I was exercising fairly regularly last year, and then a series of back to back injuries and sickenesses made me stop exercising completely, and I haven't worked out at all in months.

I hate exercising unfortunately but Ring Fit Adventure is fun enough to trick myself into getting a workout. I think it's a great game for people like me who can't stand going to a gym or working out in traditional ways. Turning excerise into an RPG was genius.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I might start back on the Ring Fit Adventure grind again. I was exercising fairly regularly last year, and then a series of back to back injuries and sickenesses made me stop exercising completely, and I haven't worked out at all in months.

I hate exercising unfortunately but Ring Fit Adventure is fun enough to trick myself into getting a workout. I think it's a great game for people like me who can't stand going to a gym or working out in traditional ways. Turning excerise into an RPG was genius.

Yes, I was really good at this for a while too. I also am not a traditional workout person. Fuck the gym, I’ll play basketball or chase my children…video game workouts are always great. The kids love Just Dance, I enjoy being ridiculous…it’s fun. 🤣

• Like 1

I've only played Majora's Mask one time and that was immediately after its release. There's a decent chance that I would rate it completely different if I played it again. I just didn't like it at the time and the only memories I have of it are let-down memories.

They really need to remake those two games with some freshened up graphics and camera controls and let me go at them again

• Like 1

I didn’t like Majora‘s Mask on my first play through either. I played through it again on 3DS and it’s still an 8/10 game that is enjoyable and quirky but also tedious and annoying. 

The things that are annoying is that it’s not always clear where to go next, the bulk of the game is based on fairly boring side quests to get more masks (only 4 main dungeons, although they are great), and when you reach the end of the game - if you haven’t done enough side quests, you need to go back and do more as you need X amount of masks to fight the last boss, which is just bad game design IMO. If this game didn’t have the Zelda trademark, it would be some obscure cult classic game that scored 7-8/10 across the board.

I just finished the first 3 shrines in Tears. Feels like I’m hopefully done the tutorial aspects now.

I love the masks, especially the transformation masks.

Did my first day of ring fit yesterday. I'm so bad at judging how far I can go on my first workout after a long break. I always overdo it. I almost passed out lol, my body is unhappy. Hope to do this more regularly though. hell yeah video games are healthy as fuck

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm so bad at judging how far I can go on my first workout after a long break. I always overdo it.

I’m good at this too! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

I tried kettlebells semi-recently. We got 4….5/10/15/20lbs. Instead of adding 5lbs to the squats (I rarely do already) to start, I went for 20. 😑 lesson (hopefully) learned. 

Probably not though. My abs still hurt today because I HAD to try to do the monkey bars 7 times the other day, on a PreK playground…so I had to hold my legs up too. I know I can hardly do monkey bars, but let’s make them harder by doing the ones meant for kids & holding our legs up to our chest. (I eventually made it halfway, felt accomplished…til the next day). 😩🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Worst poster here said:

MGS3 remake trailer is supposed to drop today. Pretty pumped, it’s the only MGS game I’ve played but loved it 

Is this at the PlayStation showcase? I’m pretty pumped for the whole thing. Finally should be getting some Spider-Man footage as well as ff7r2.

• Like 1

Pretty decent showcase. I think the Marathon remake/reboot was the most surprising and interesting part, as I’m a huge fan of Bungie’s work.

MGS3 remake trailer was just nice confirmation that it exists. The MGS remaster bundle looks cool too, but I but it’s just HD and frame rate updates and not total remakes (given that it includes MGS3 and there is a separate remake releasing for that title).

I am a bit bummed that we did not get any news on the KOTOR remake, Wolverine, or any other big new games (I thought maybe something like a Twisted Metal reboot given that a television series is coming out this year). 

Lots of cool indie titles (the one with the storybook looked dope, and a new one by the Journey developer) and VR games (RE4 remake, Arizona Sunshine 2). Maybe I’m just hopelessly optimistic, but I was hoping to see a Half Life: Alyx announcement as well. 

Spider-man looks great!

I guess KOTOR Remake has hit a bunch of roadblocks and people were thinking it was actually getting canceled, but luckily yesterday something came out that confirmed it is still happening. Don’t know if we’ll see anything in it for a while though. I almost feel like it’s in a Metroid Prime 4 situation.

• Like 1