Video Games Thread

dildo69er

39 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

I’m definitely going to struggle finding them all without a guide. I’ve already had to google a few cave coordinates to find some shrines. Got at least 10 to go in the sky so that’s a decent a chunk of what I got left. Once I realised how to use the depths to find shrines I made a lot of progress so might just focus on that for a while before turning to guides.

Koroks I don’t really bother with tbh. Never did with botw either. I’m at 50 if I’m lucky atm.

After shrines and depth roots it’s find all outfits/armours then upgrade all of them fully. If I still wanna play after that (ff16 will likely be out by then so I may be done for a while) then I’ll give koroks a go but likely only to max the slots. No way I’m going to find 1000 of the cunts.

haha yeah that's fair. I just figure I've probably got about 6 years until the next Zelda game so I might as well take my time working towards the 100% marker. 

I wonder if we'll get DLC for this one like we did for BOTW. I finished BOTW before the DLC the first time, and by the time the DLC came out I was kind of over it. But that made my second playthrough a few months back a lot of fun, having all that DLC content that I never experienced the first time around.

I also hope we get some more smaller Zelda games before the next big one, like the Link's Awakening Remake which was actually super great. I feel like they could pump stuff like that out fairly easily. More remakes would be cool but I'd really love a brand new 2D style Zelda game.

Also give us a new Four Swords. Co-op Zelda is fun. My cousin and realized a couple months ago that Cadence of Hyrule has two player co-op and we played through that together. We also played through Four Swords Adventures together on GameCube way back in the day. I'd love more of that.

I replayed Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks in the lead up to TOTK and I've gotta say those games deserve way more love than they get. Once you get over the shitty stylus controls the games are actually incredibly fun and the dungeons are super creative.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

haha yeah that's fair. I just figure I've probably got about 6 years until the next Zelda game so I might as well take my time working towards the 100% marker. 

That’s true. But I reckon I’ll wanna do another full play through before even getting close to getting all those koroks.

41 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I wonder if we'll get DLC for this one like we did for BOTW. I finished BOTW before the DLC the first time, and by the time the DLC came out I was kind of over it. But that made my second playthrough a few months back a lot of fun, having all that DLC content that I never experienced the first time around.

I wish more games would tell you dlc was coming from the get go. Xenoblade 3 announced their season pass, which included another 20-30hour story dlc, at the same time as they originally announced the game existing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

I replayed Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks in the lead up to TOTK and I've gotta say those games deserve way more love than they get. Once you get over the shitty stylus controls the games are actually incredibly fun and the dungeons are super creative.

I've had Phantom Hourglass since it released and I've never got more than halfway through it. i don't even hate it, I just get distracted by other things and stop playing for so long that I'd rather start over than continue from where I left off. Never played Spirit Tracks because I always wanted to finish Phantom Hourglass first. I should get on that.

My favorite thing about the Zelda games are the puzzles, especially when the ones that make you overthink the solutions to the point where it doesn’t even seem possible and the whole time it’s the dumbest most simple solution ever.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matt. said:

My favorite thing about the Zelda games are the puzzles, especially when the ones that make you overthink the solutions to the point where it doesn’t even seem possible and the whole time it’s the dumbest most simple solution ever.

I did that a couple of times in the early stages of TOTK totally forgetting that 'Ascend' was a thing.

• Like 2

Anyone else not care about the completion aspect of gaming? I'm just here to beat the game, I'm old like that. If it takes 30 shrines or 130 makes no difference to me. Just here for the end scenes

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Anyone else not care about the completion aspect of gaming? I'm just here to beat the game, I'm old like that. If it takes 30 shrines or 130 makes no difference to me. Just here for the end scenes

Sames. I don’t know what the fuck I’m supposed to do with trophies and what not.

If I really like a game I’m definitely going to go for that 100% as long as it’s not ridiculously tedious like koroks or having to play the game on 3 different difficulties for 1 trophy on each.

Just like that sense of accomplishment that comes with that platinum.

What are the best methods for upgrading your battery fast? I feel like I’m missing something because I’m 50 hours into the game and have only been able to upgrade it one time. Is there another way to get crystallized charges besides waiting for the forge to finish making them? I even tried sitting by the fire to skip ahead in time and that didn’t seem to speed up the process at all.