Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Is there a way to see how many shrines and koroks you've found without fast traveling somewhere and seeing in in the loading screen? that annoyed me in BOTW and it annoys me now. 

it sounds like I keep complaining about this game but I actually love it so much haha. BOTW is one of the best games I've ever played and I truly didn't expect this one to surpass it, but so far it has.

I beat the Water Temple and have now arrived at Wind Temple. What a trek! By the way, what was the side quest before the Wind Temple that people were saying was important? Is it the Lucky Clover Gazette?

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I beat the Water Temple and have now arrived at Wind Temple. What a trek! By the way, what was the side quest before the Wind Temple that people were saying was important? Is it the Lucky Clover Gazette?

I think it was the quest with Impa and the Geoglyphs, but I'm not 100%

23 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

I think it was the quest with Impa and the Geoglyphs, but I'm not 100%

Ok, I talked to her, but I honestly wasn't sure what I was supposed to do exactly. Take pictures of them? I moved on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Ok, I talked to her, but I honestly wasn't sure what I was supposed to do exactly. Take pictures of them? I moved on

haha thats fair. If you get a chance I'd recommend checking them out again. That part of the game was one of the best for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

haha thats fair. If you get a chance I'd recommend checking them out again. That part of the game was one of the best for me.

So do I need to inspect them on the ground or from the sky? When I looked from the sky nothing happened. I was preoccupied with another task so that's what made me leave quickly

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So do I need to inspect them on the ground or from the sky? When I looked from the sky nothing happened. I was preoccupied with another task so that's what made me leave quickly

Inspect them from the ground. There's something hidden somewhere in the design.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Is there a way to see how many shrines and koroks you've found without fast traveling somewhere and seeing in in the loading screen? that annoyed me in BOTW and it annoys me now. 

it sounds like I keep complaining about this game but I actually love it so much haha. BOTW is one of the best games I've ever played and I truly didn't expect this one to surpass it, but so far it has.

I don’t think so. Annoyed me too but such a minor inconvenience it’s not too bad.

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I forget if I mentioned it here but I recently came to the conclusion that the more a video game makes you feel like Spider-man, the more fun it is. Jedi Survivor gives you hookshots and the way Cal moves feels a lot more like Spider-man than the first game, and it makes the whole game feel more fun. Link can already climb walls like Spidey, now let him web-sling around Hyrule 😤

That sounds sick! I feel bad for how I’ve ignored Jedi Survivor but it just came out at the worst possible time. Xbc3 dlc followed by TotK and then FF16. I don’t think I’ll get around to picking it up until a few months away. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Roux said:

Just picked up an ASUS ROG Ally to play Diablo 4 - the game is amazing, addicting!

Plagued by micro transactions though. I was going to buy it day 1, but micro transactions and adulthood weighing me down and not being able to grind make this a “wait 2-3 years and buy for $20” type of game 

11 hours ago, Worst poster here said:

Plagued by micro transactions though. I was going to buy it day 1, but micro transactions and adulthood weighing me down and not being able to grind make this a “wait 2-3 years and buy for $20” type of game 

It isn't at all - there are cosmetics you can buy which don't affect the gameplay in any way and that's it. 

If you want to buy a £25 skin to look nicer- then that's on you, but its not shoved in your face. Not once have i felt the need to buy anything. 

I've been using TotK as an excuse to cach up on podcasts lol. It's the kind of mindless game where you can actually focus on something else while playing for the most part (outside of some key moments). I've gone through hours of podcasts playing this. Couldn't do that with the other recent games I've playeed, like Resident Evil 4, where  you have to be focused on the game the whole time.