Video Games Thread

dildo69er

5 minutes ago, Meltdown Tracker said:

It’s coming to every platform including PC on March 14.

I'm wondering why they didn't just do a Battlefront 3?  BF2 had great feedback after the update, but I'm still excited just as much for a Remaster.  I will play the shit out of it.  I'm assuming they are including online and not dropping the ball on that for no explainable reason whatsoever like THPS 1&2 Remaster did (which was still excellent)

13 minutes ago, Midwest Wankers said:

I'm wondering why they didn't just do a Battlefront 3?  BF2 had great feedback after the update, but I'm still excited just as much for a Remaster.  I will play the shit out of it.  I'm assuming they are including online and not dropping the ball on that for no explainable reason whatsoever like THPS 1&2 Remaster did (which was still excellent)

They might be still doing that as a different studio did the remaster coming out soon. DICE’s quality of games has dropped a lot over recent years with the shit show that was Battlefield 2042. Curious to see if they do another Battlefront or Battlefield game next. They honestly should just remake some of the classic Battlefield games like 1942, Bad Company 2, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Meltdown Tracker said:

They might be still doing that as a different studio did the remaster coming out soon. DICE’s quality of games has dropped a lot over recent years with the shit show that was Battlefield 2042. Curious to see if they do another Battlefront or Battlefield game next. They honestly should just remake some of the classic Battlefield games like 1942, Bad Company 2, etc.

I did a little research after your post and found out they immediately dropped any plans for Battlefront 3 after the poor reception of 2's launch, like basically EA gave them the okay to finish updating it but dropped all focus of funding on it after that and dropped the plans for 3?  Damn.  That sucks, because it was really fantastic after the update but I don't think they are even licensing the Battlefront deal anymore (I'm not an expert on how this works, but just gong off reddit).  

So I'm grateful we're getting this now.  I always liked those old maps better than the new ones anyways.

• Like 1
  • Clown 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 2:44 PM, Meltdown Tracker said:

arrested-development-dead-dove.gif

On 3/14/2024 at 2:44 PM, Meltdown Tracker said:

arrested-development-dead-dove.gif

I was excited to get around to playing this, menu screens and everything fully vintage and on point down to the terms & conditions..

Can’t spawn in a game and crashes on conquest mode before even starting.  Dammit, this is such a tease.

7 minutes ago, Midwest Wankers said:

Okay so it wasn’t just my poor memory? I thought it was way too stiff and felt off from what I remembered quite a bit

Apparently some of the aim assists were the default on the originals but turned off now, I’m going to check out the settings 

19 minutes ago, Meltdown Tracker said:

Apparently some of the aim assists were the default on the originals but turned off now, I’m going to check out the settings 

I have sensitivity on 10 and can still barely move. Feels like stuck in mud. Same with sprinting.

On 3/16/2024 at 8:39 PM, Midwest Wankers said:

I have sensitivity on 10 and can still barely move. Feels like stuck in mud. Same with sprinting.

I gave up and got a refund. That Aspyr developer is absolutely trash, they got taken off the KOTOR remake because they were fucking up too much

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Meltdown Tracker said:

I gave up and got a refund. That Aspyr developer is absolutely trash, they got taken off the KOTOR remake because they were fucking up too much

This is so sad.  And Dice lost the whole EA funding for Battlefront 3 because of 2's bad launch and they moved on ;( 

So sad.  How do they fuck up a remaster so easily like this?  I'm sure it's not easy to remaster old games and such, but look at THPS 1&2 was absolutely knocked out of the park (minus the no online deal..) and can't be THAT hard to redo OG battlefronts..?

The game feels totally broken but I want to play it so bad. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Midwest Wankers said:

This is so sad.  And Dice lost the whole EA funding for Battlefront 3 because of 2's bad launch and they moved on ;( 

So sad.  How do they fuck up a remaster so easily like this?  I'm sure it's not easy to remaster old games and such, but look at THPS 1&2 was absolutely knocked out of the park (minus the no online deal..) and can't be THAT hard to redo OG battlefronts..?

The game feels totally broken but I want to play it so bad. 

The funny thing is this Battlefront game isn’t even a remake (like THPS was in terms of rebuilding the graphics from the ground up), it was just a remaster as they just upscaled the resolution and textures. The developer even stole from a modder after saying they wouldn’t, and the modder didn’t get any credit for it. I also don’t know how you launch a highly anticipated game with only 3 servers for a total of like 200 people to play online. So much incompetence 

• Like 1