Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Kingdom Hearts 3 just dropped. Square Enix has remarded movement mechanics that kind of make things feel cheaper. Otherwise I hope itll be fun. My wife shook her head and called me an ethan several times during the opening cut scene. I'll be playing this alone to avoid ridicule

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

a proper Paper Mario would be neat to have.

Such a shame that after the second title they decided to take the series in different directions.  I have to imagine the reasoning is that they now have a separate Mario RPG series (Mario & Luigi), making the idea of what Paper Mario was to be redundant.  But Paper Mario was still very different and stylized, and many people (myself included) enjoyed the classic Paper Mario RPG style over the Mario & Luigi series.

24 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Such a shame that after the second title they decided to take the series in different directions.  I have to imagine the reasoning is that they now have a separate Mario RPG series (Mario & Luigi), making the idea of what Paper Mario was to be redundant.  But Paper Mario was still very different and stylized, and many people (myself included) enjoyed the classic Paper Mario RPG style over the Mario & Luigi series.

That and they just didn't really have a better idea outside of Mario being paper. Like the 1000 year door is a hard game to follow because it kind of perfectly does what it sets out to do and what that series is about. But that doesn't stop me from wishing there was more. Sticker Star is still a good game, people just didn't want that experience.

46 minutes ago, Alan Rickman said:

I hope super mario maker 2 puts in co op

Rumors are all saying it's true, but i don't have faith in them to do the right thing.

I really think the logo having both Builder Mario and Builder Luigi is an indication that it's gonna have multiplayer.  Plus, a new mode to design in is Super Mario 3D World where the biggest deal was that it was proper 3D multiplayer Super Mario.  I'd be shocked if multiplayer isn't a part of the game.  I just question to what extent, will it be oldschool switch players every turn, or will it be newschool everyone playing at the same time, or will it be a combo of both where it depends what mode your playing (levels in the SMB, 3, World design alternating players after every turn while New and 3D World offer everyone to play at the same time), I'm hoping it allows us to all play in any mode at the same time.  The idea of playing a Super Mario 3 level with a buddy  as Luigi at the exact same time sounds friggin awesome.

I do hope, that there are more modes to design in that they haven't revealed yet.  Specifically Super Mario 2/USA would be the shit.  Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island would be really cool too, but I think that game is too different, even more so than Mario 2 to be included.

• Like 1

It depends on my mood, but sometimes I think Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favorite game on the GameCube. Other contenders are The Wind Waker and... Well, probably only The Wind Waker.

But yeah, Thousand Year Door was so good and so funny. I like the Mario & Luigi games too (well, I like the first one a lot, which is the only one I've played) but Paper Mario 2 is one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

Edit: Ah! Resident Evil 4. That's the other one. My favorite switches between those three. Honestly RE4 might be my favorite. Even though I played it on the Wii, not the GameCube.

16 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It depends on my mood, but sometimes I think Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favorite game on the GameCube. Other contenders are The Wind Waker and... Well, probably only The Wind Waker.

But yeah, Thousand Year Door was so good and so funny. I like the Mario & Luigi games too (well, I like the first one a lot, which is the only one I've played) but Paper Mario 2 is one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

Edit: Ah! Resident Evil 4. That's the other one. My favorite switches between those three. Honestly RE4 might be my favorite. Even though I played it on the Wii, not the GameCube.

Resident Evil 4 is great, but I'd argue that the Wii version was a rare instance of the Wii version being better than the other traditional console versions, they got the motion aiming just right with that one, and it just felt so much more satisfying killing zombies in that version over the others.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Resident Evil 4 is great, but I'd argue that the Wii version was a rare instance of the Wii version being better than the other traditional console versions, they got the motion aiming just right with that one, and it just felt so much more satisfying killing zombies in that version over the others.  

Oh I totally agree! It's honestly the only game I can think of where I actually prefer the Wii controls to the GameCube (or any other console) controls. Though the Metroid Prime Trilogy actually controlled surprisingly well, in my opinion.

I just don't know if it's fair for me to say that Resident Evil 4 doesn't count because I prefer the Wii version, when The Wind Waker is also better on the Wii U.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:26 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Oh I totally agree! It's honestly the only game I can think of where I actually prefer the Wii controls to the GameCube (or any other console) controls. Though the Metroid Prime Trilogy actually controlled surprisingly well, in my opinion.

I just don't know if it's fair for me to say that Resident Evil 4 doesn't count because I prefer the Wii version, when The Wind Waker is also better on the Wii U.

Silent Hill Shattered Memories was another game that I felt was much better on the Wii with it's motion controls for pointing the flashlight over the later PS2 version. 

4 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I never owned a Gamecube, but played some games through the Wii backwards compatibility.

MGS: Twin Snakes, Mario Kart Double Dash, and Eternal Darkness were sweet. Remember when people wanted a Donkey Kong game and we got Donkey Konga? 

Haha I totally forgot about that shit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alan Rickman said:

Haha I totally forgot about that shit

I find it hilarious when developers do that shit. They know the fans want a sequel but they give them some spin off bullshit anyways. It’s so out of touch with what their fans want. Happened with Diablo mobile, the DoTA card game, the endless Skyrim ports, and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.