Video Games Thread

dildo69er

I'm very happy that it looks like it will use the gamepad and no motion controls. The controls were my biggest complaint about Skyward Sword. I finished the whole game and hated the controls the whole way through. Second biggest complaint is it was basically the most linear Zelda game ever made. Looks like this game will fix both of those issues, and I can't wait to play it.

Also, this:
10847990_630548483721490_792613014054521

Zelda is by far my favorite video game franchise. It's the Star Wars of video games.

It's just too bad I always have to buy these shitty consoles to play it. I have bought a GameCube, wii, and soon a wii u I'm sure solely to play that game.

Wish I could play it on a real next gen console with fully utilized graphics and capabilities.

• Like 2

Aside from the occasional round of Zombies on Call of Duty with my roommates Zelda games are basically the only thing I play anymore. And sometimes Smash Bros.

Yeah, I get way more play these days out of my Wii U than the other consoles.  Slightly better graphics and better processing powers are nice, but if you don't utilize them in a way that super fun and unique, then whats the point?  For me its not the power you have, its what you do with what you have.  And there have been a lot of fun and impressive exclusive games that have utilized the "underpowered" Wii U, more so so far than the other two current gen games so far.

Zelda is by far my favorite video game franchise. It's the Star Wars of video games.

It's just too bad I always have to buy these shitty consoles to play it. I have bought a GameCube, wii, and soon a wii u I'm sure solely to play that game.

Wish I could play it on a real next gen console with fully utilized graphics and capabilities.

The Star Wars of video games? When did Zelda have 3 huge, massive, critical failures that pretty much ruined the name brand (along with endless merchandising and spinoffs)? Also the remake of Wind Waker, Ocarina, and probably Majora's Mask are an actual improvement over the original unlike any special edition of Star Wars that ever came out.

As a fan of both things that's just a horribly lazy comparison. You're pretty much saying "Thing I like is like the thing I like because it's a thing I like...." despite very little similarities (any at all?)

Also fuck off with that GameCube or the Wii U being a shitty console nonsense. The Wii was probably my least favorite Nintendo console and it's still a great system. Shit, we even got two great Zelda titles on that thing along with two amazing Marios.

Why so many Nintendo people here? None of you had Segas, or was the Sega-SNES era before your time?

I was raised and reared on NES and the Sega Master System along with their sucessors.  

Me: SNES / N64 / GBC / GC / GBA / XBOX / DS / Wii / PS3 / 3DS / PS4

Brother: SMS / GEN / PS / DC / PS2 / XBOX / PS3 / Wii

Sister: NES / GB

My sister was never much of a gamer... and I was really mad when my brother sold his DC for a PS2....

The Star Wars of video games? When did Zelda have 3 huge, massive, critical failures that pretty much ruined the name brand (along with endless merchandising and spinoffs)? Also the remake of Wind Waker, Ocarina, and probably Majora's Mask are an actual improvement over the original unlike any special edition of Star Wars that ever came out.

As a fan of both things that's just a horribly lazy comparison. You're pretty much saying "Thing I like is like the thing I like because it's a thing I like...." despite very little similarities (any at all?)

Also fuck off with that GameCube or the Wii U being a shitty console nonsense. The Wii was probably my least favorite Nintendo console and it's still a great system. Shit, we even got two great Zelda titles on that thing along with two amazing Marios.

god you're weird sometimes but I'll bite.

Star Wars- expansive mythology that really sucked me in. Zelda- expansive mythology that really sucked me in. If you feel the need to break it down further for the sake of arguing with me, have fun with that. 

Nintendo used to be great. It's just a kiddy console now. I'm sure if there were no other options or I was 8 I would love it.

god you're weird sometimes but I'll bite.

Star Wars- expansive mythology that really sucked me in. Zelda- expansive mythology that really sucked me in. If you feel the need to break it down further for the sake of arguing with me, have fun with that. 

Nintendo used to be great. It's just a kiddy console now. I'm sure if there were no other options or I was 8 I would love it.

I'm not weird for pointing out the stupid shit you say on here. What is weird is how you passed through college twice with little to no critical thinking skills.

Well jeez, every game that has a mythology is now star wars? Metal Gear Solid is like Star Wars guys! So is Final Fantasy! And World of Warcraft! Why not Metroid? That's a space epic! You see, Star Wars. Thing I like is like thing I like.

I was speaking personally. Star Wars has meant a great deal to me in my life. I thoroughly enjoy it. Zelda has had that same kind of impact on me. I compared the two, because in my life, they are quite comparable. If you can't understand that, you can fuck right off.

As for posting stupid shit, I think you take the cake with your wild, dramatic mood swings. Seems like you are a real unhappy person a lot of the times. I hope you get that figured out because you seem like a pretty nice guy on your good days.

As for posting stupid shit, I think you take the cake with your wild, dramatic mood swings. Seems like you are a real unhappy person a lot of the times. I hope you get that figured out because you seem like a pretty nice guy on your good days.

or, maybe just maybe you say stupid shit that rubs me the wrong way because it's usually unfounded or unfair.

like when you say nintendo sucks now because they make "kiddy games". as if somehow they've just started making Mario games last year or something. also, coming from a star-wars fan and somebody who listens to Blink 182 and Taylor Swift it just comes off as really unaware and bone-headed.

like do you really not have the patience or attention span for something as fun, simple, and compelling Donkey Kong Country or Pikmin? it also just speaks larger in what I feel is really wrong with video games today. they usually pander to the lowest common denominator and it's actually refreshing when Nintendo or other game companies actually do something unique and geared towards everybody. which, is hard and kind of how it used to be. but I'll save that rant for another day.

I was speaking personally. Star Wars has meant a great deal to me in my life. I thoroughly enjoy it. Zelda has had that same kind of impact on me. I compared the two, because in my life, they are quite comparable. If you can't understand that, you can fuck right off.

and if you had framed your thoughts like that, I wouldn't have said anything about it. probably would of even agreed with you, but you didn't.

As soon as someone throws out the "Nintendo is kiddy" argument to discredit the quality of their consoles, their opinion is moot.

To keep the analogy going, it would be like me saying Star Wars is kiddy because there is not much blood or because of Jar Jar Binks/Ewoks, and therefore the movies aren't that good. See how dumb that sounds? 

Honestly I agree with Ghent. Star Wars is easily my favorite movie franchise, and Zelda is by far my favorite game franchise. The impact both have had on my life is definitely comparable as well.

Yeah, that's all I was trying to say. Didn't know at the time that I needed to construct a scholarly argument to survive an objective analysis lol.