Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Okay, M!ke.

It's true.  Like I said I can't think of a more fun local multiplayer experience (aside maybe from Super Mario 3D World which ranks up their with them too).  If you can tell me one that's better, I'll check it out, but really no other game (at least since I was in like grade school) has been greater for getting my friends and I together to play video games regularly, they're just a blast to play with friends, simple as that.

I only care about the two games I mentioned. It wasn't a commentary on their playability with friends or level of fun. I don't know why you're insisting on that being the subject. I just said they were the same game.

I understand that.  You've mentioned that, and I am talking about Smash and Mario Kart.  But in the context of what I'm talking about, Mario 3D World is also a part of that discussion: The best local multiplayer games in my opinion may very well be those three games.  They're just so fun, kinda make any night into a little party, seriously.

You seem to think that I'm only concentrating on what you're talking about.  But I'm not.  I'm explaining why I love the games.  I understand your argument, but even if it is somewhat true, it makes no difference, because the games are fun as hell and have an insane amount of replay value.  And at the end of the day that's all I really care about.

Jesus, m!ke.

What?  I'm seriously confused as to what you're having a problem with here.  I'm explaining why I enjoy the games.  I understand you don't, too bad I guess.  But I'd recommend it to anyone who knows what Super Smash and Mario Kart are all about and are looking for great games to play when you have friends over, simple as that.  If you want to follow this up with another "Good Lord M!ke" or "Sure thing M!ke"  Then by all means go ahead, but I don't know what your point in doing so is.  But if that's all you're going to respond with again, I'll just stop responding as you just seem to be trying to  pointlessly drag on a conversation you're not even really a part of.

best part of that direct was the release dates and the wii games for wii u...tho it seems slightly shoddy the way they have done it, the price is awesome

I've hacked my Wii mode on the Wii U (known in the modding community as the vWii), and I had also had my regular Wii hacked as well.  So I have a huge selection of Wii games (as well as classic emulators and games, and even Gamecube games which can actually be played on the Wii U through a homebrew launcher known as Nintendont, its really amazing) that I just load off of my usb hard drive.  So while the Wii games via dlc on the Wii U is cool, its ultimately useless to me.  The only additional nice feature that they've added is that Wii games that could be played with classic controllers that are to be rereleased are going to be playable with the Wii U gamepad, which is definitely cool and not something you can do through the vWii (you can watch them on the gamepad, but sadly you can't use the actual gamepad buttons to play the games).  So that feature is nice, but not nice enough for me to shell out money to buy those games.  Plus the homebrew/modding community believe that in time they'll figure out how to use the Wii U gamepad in vWii mode, but they aren't there yet.  (Interestingly, they have figured out how to use Wii U pro controllers in homebrew apps, including most emulators and Nintendont (that Gamecube launcher I was just talking about), so thats pretty cool).