Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Sadly they did not make the cord length for the NES controllers any bigger than what they had shown off for so long, that is seriously a deal breaker for me.  If I can find extension cords for wii classic controllers (which this behaves like and has the same kind of connection) that are readily available and for cheap, then I might consider getting one, but as it stands I'd be annoyed with the unit to say the least, either having to connect a long HDMI cable to the system itself or sit right in front of the TV are the only realistic ways the thing will get played as it has shipped.

I'd be more interested in an SNES version of this. It came out when I was 4. The NES was the dinosaur console even back then.

I did enjoy a few NES games though. Super Mario 3, Kirby, and Donkey Kong come to mind.

Fortunately NYKO does have a wireless controller option that would fill my desires: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/nyko_thinks_cords_are_gnarly_offers_the_miniboss_for_the_nes_classic_edition_instead

Still I do wish they had designed their wireless controller like the dog-bone NES controller that came with the revision version of the NES, those were just so much more comfortable in your hands over the boxy edged versions that came with the original NES.

30 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

But nobody but a few had those and people would be hulka-pissed for that redesigned version.

Meh, it may not be as well recognized, but anyone that ever used both controllers will tell ya that the revised version that came with the Top-Loader was just way more comfortable.  Plus Nyko is a 3rd party company anyway, so its not going to look like the real controller exactly as it is.  Purists will look at the wireless Nyko controller as it stands and be mad that it doesn't look exactly like the original NES controller even if the shape is overall the same, so I say F those that would complain over something like that.  Though in all reality it is a null point.  Nyko's controller would do more than enough to suffice, its just not my completely ideal controller for the device, though it is quite close.