Jump to content
 

Video Games Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My little sister made this Christmas ornament for me and I just want to share my joy with you guys:

Made some blink records on acpatterns.com lol neighborhoods was impossible to recreate so I stopped at untitled. @Ry-Bread, don’t know if this is worth sharing on the Twitter account or

a more general look at them, we combine like that what are you playing thread with just stories of fun or rage inducing shit that has happened in the life of video games. Mention your favourites or ju

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

damn dude, do you just steal outright all the time?

Nope.  I typically pirate to determine if I'll actually end up buying the game or not, or if I want to play the game when its leaked but isn't yet available to buy.  I haven't played much of Blaster Master Zero, but if I do start to get sucked in, then I'll buy it.  Beyond that, the biggest reason i hack is to install emulators of older systems to play games I already owned from previous systems on my current system.  I think the virtual console is cool and all, but I don't think its right to have to pay for a game again that you already bought in the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Nope.  I typically pirate to determine if I'll actually end up buying the game or not, or if I want to play the game when its leaked but isn't yet available to buy.  I haven't played much of Blaster Master Zero, but if I do start to get sucked in, then I'll buy it.  Beyond that, the biggest reason i hack is to install emulators of older systems to play games I already owned from previous systems on my current system.  I think the virtual console is cool and all, but I don't think its right to have to pay for a game again that you already bought in the past.

righttttttt.

I'm just joshin'. But yeah, I know how it can be. Some games will never make it over due to licensing (TMNT and Simpson Arcade being the few exceptions, momentarily aren't available after being ported to the digital stores) and I wish it wasn't absolutely necessary for certain games. But if you do like it, please pay for BMZ as it's a current remake and I hope there are more of them. As great as it is for the 3DS, I loved playing it on the big screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, _Kyle_ said:

righttttttt.

I'm just joshin'. But yeah, I know how it can be. Some games will never make it over due to licensing (TMNT and Simpson Arcade being the few exceptions, momentarily aren't available after being ported to the digital stores) and I wish it wasn't absolutely necessary for certain games. But if you do like it, please pay for BMZ as it's a current remake and I hope there are more of them. As great as it is for the 3DS, I loved playing it on the big screen.

See that's the thing, especially with multiplatform titles like that.  If I really do get into it, I'm probably going to want it on the big screen if I can (I do have a means of making this happen with a hacked 3DS though mind you, theres a homebrew app that can stream your 3DS (the New models only at this time) screens to your computer or even an Xbox One.  My computer has an HDMI cable connected to my TV, so I do have the capability of playing my 3DS titles on the TV, though honestly I don't do that much, as when it comes to the 3DS I prefer it to be the handheld it was designed to be).  So if I really do get invested in the game I will end up buying the Switch version, we'll see.

But I do think its a safe thing to say that most all of here have "stolen" digital media at some point.  I mean is streaming without paying for a service, stealing?   Cuz I do that often when it comes to music, movies and tv shows.  Its kinda hard not to when its all so readily available to do online.  But I do want to support the struggling indie artists/developers, so i try to when I can.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I almost wanna bet money that Anthem will be terrible. it's very pretty, looks super cool, but the logistics of how it would work don't add up. Apart from that, I have zero interest in basically any of these games so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Pokken DX for the switch or Pokémon ultra sun ultra moon for the 3DS!

I'm down for some Pokken DX as I never got it for the WII U.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

$500.00 xbox 1 x doesn't entice you?

Seriously?

500 for a 3 year old console? It better fucking tickle my balls and make me milkshakes while I get my ass handed to me playing online.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

I'm down for some Pokken DX as I never got it for the WII U.

Yeah I may pick it up.  Its pretty fun from what I've played of the Wii U version, though I don't own it.  I look forward to Sony and Nintendo's presentations today and tomorrow.  Was pretty underwhelmed overall by Microsoft though to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Buddy Holly said:

uhhhh, new XCOM2 Expansion. looking cool

 

and now a Mario "X-Com" for the Switch lol

That looked way better than I thought it would, considering I was never a fan of the Rabbids at all.  Tactical RPGs are great, and its fun to see Mario give the genre a go (what genre hasn't he given a go at this point?).

 

Thought Spiderman looks fantastic.  Overall thought Sony's showing was pretty strong, they've got some good stuff in the works.  Can't wait to see what Nintendo has to show off today.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nintendo actually surprised me with all the great games they showed off and announced.  Rocket League was one of the few 3rd party titles I was really hoping would come to the Switch, I'm sooo happy to see it actually is.  Then of course Metroid Prime 4 and the announcement of a core Pokemon game coming to the Switch were both things I had been hoping for but had started to worry may not actually come, so great to see they are.  New Kirby looks like a blast, and then there is Mario Odyssey, which can not come soon enough.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...