Video Games Thread

dildo69er

36 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Hype! I just finished my first play through of the game on switch. Great game. I can’t wait for this.

I'm going to play through it again at some point as well.

I remember back on my PS1 I had a save game that was about 250 hours + where all my characters were maxed out at level 99 and had all Materia mastered - biggest bitch was getting the gold Chocobo, felt like that took fucking forever, don't think I've got the time to do that again but reckon I can invest enough time over the next few months for a solid playthrough. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I remember back on my PS1 I had a save game that was about 250 hours + where all my characters were maxed out at level 99 and had all Materia mastered - biggest bitch was getting the gold Chocobo, felt like that took fucking forever, don't think I've got the time to do that again but reckon I can invest enough time over the next few months for a solid playthrough. 

I kind of raced through it to be honest. Was playing for the story mainly and found everything a little dated so I didn’t really explore and do side quests or any of that. But now when this comes out I reckon ill give it the attention it definitely deserves.

Im playing FFX right now and I’m having a great time with that.

19 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Same except mine was on computer. One day my dad uninstalled it for more space and a piece of me died with that master data. 

My problem is I loved final fantasies 6 thru 10 but I cant replay them. I get burnt out way too fast. I read articles monthly for 6 years waiting for KH3. I got 6 hours in and haven't turned it on since. I dunno what's wrong

I just hope they get that remake on the PC soon after the PS4 release; don't want to wait years for a chance to play it. The trailer is pretty good but I'm not sold on Aeris's and Sephiroth's voice actors. Aeris in particular sounds too much like Vanille from XIII.

Finished Mass Effect Andromeda. It was a lot better than I expected after all the overblown criticism that followed its launch (or maybe they just patched all the stuff people complained about). Didn't really like how sluggish it felt to move in the game and the sidequests were terrible, but it says something that I still kept finishing the sidequests because I didn't want to leave the game behind (especially now that it's clear it won't be getting any sequels or DLC). The premise gave everything you did a nice sense of purpose. The aliens were Star Wars level lame though (as expected) and all the romance stuff was cringe (aside from Ryder's boobs).

• Like 1

Been playing Battlefield V. Its really fun but i have some issues with it. Its fucking hard to see enemies, they are impossible to see sometimes, the gun sounds are pretty weak, the lack of vehicles, i’ve never tried a tank even. And the call-ins (air strikes, smoke etc) takes waaaaaaay to much time/points to get. 

But overall, its fun to play from time to time. 

BFV was freaking horrendous; good thing I spent only 15€ on it (I used the Origin Access thing for one month and at least got ME:Andromeda out of it). The maps consist of chokepoints and yeah, the enemies can be hard to see against their surroundings in some maps. Then there was the TTK/TTD issue whereby you always seemed to die to one bullet even if it was from a weapon that cannot one-hit kill.

Going through my backlog, just started Alien Isolation (about to buy a Kinect because they game allows you to use it to peer around corners by moving your head and it picks up on noise in your room to alert the aliens). Also playing some Stardew Valley and Cuphead. 

Cuphead is a bit annoying. The game is 90% memorization, learning the layout of a level or the move set of a boss. It’s not as much based on skill but rather the time you put into the game. 

Also played a bit of Dead Space 2 as the 2nd and 3rd ones were free with Games with Gold. It’s a solid Resident Evil 4 knockoff thriller with very minimal user interface. 

Still gotta get around to playing MGS5 since it was free as well.

1 hour ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Going through my backlog, just started Alien Isolation (about to buy a Kinect because they game allows you to use it to peer around corners by moving your head and it picks up on noise in your room to alert the aliens).

Hands down the best game since FFVII. I've beaten it four times, including once without dying. Be aware there's quite a spike in difficulty in missions 5 & 6, but just try to learn from your mistakes!

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I started my first ever playthrough of Final Fantasy 7 a few months back. I got about 10 hours in and then got distracted with other things. I really liked it though. I need to pick it back up and finish it. The remake looks awesome.

Do it, you won't regret it.

I've got it on my tablet and phone and I am about 12 hours deep, still so much left to play.

I usually just do battles while on the toilet at work and my characters are far too strong for where I am in the game so it's become a bit easy with the battles so am trying to scale back how much I do that...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 2:20 AM, ...Dan... said:

Do it, you won't regret it.

I've got it on my tablet and phone and I am about 12 hours deep, still so much left to play.

I usually just do battles while on the toilet at work and my characters are far too strong for where I am in the game so it's become a bit easy with the battles so am trying to scale back how much I do that...

Started playing it again after I posted that. 30 hours in now. Don't know if I'm close to the end or not yet (it feels like I'm getting close but I thought I was at the end of Final Fantasy 6 when I was really only halfway done lol) but I've been really enjoying it a lot!

41 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Started playing it again after I posted that. 30 hours in now. Don't know if I'm close to the end or not yet (it feels like I'm getting close but I thought I was at the end of Final Fantasy 6 when I was really only halfway done lol) but I've been really enjoying it a lot!

Where you at? I've just got to Cosmo Canyon and am chilling with this legend:

latest?cb=20120103153558

Both my Grandads died before I was born, this is the closest I have to one I think...

• Like 2