Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Waiting patiently for Mario maker 2 was kind of lack luster. People better get on making me a flawless Mario world game or I'm gonna be really upset. 

Also the fact that you and a person sitting on your couch cant jump in with 2 other people is so lame. Nintendo needs to figure out their co OP shit

I spent all day loading and updating Wolfenstein New Colossus and I'm finally getting to play video games tonight for the first time in months.

I loved New Order and hated New Colossus the first time I played it. I thought I'd give it another go on a harder difficulty. I used to be pretty fucking great at these games but I'm trash now. I definitely fucked up setting the difficulty up too high but oh well, maybe it'll get me back in form.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:56 AM, Alan Rickman said:

I haven't really played much on the switch but I think I need to get some pro controllers. Playing Mario on joycons blows 

Buying a pro controller was one of the best decisions I made with my switch. The controller is so Comfy and the Battery life is unreal. Definitely recommend.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2019 at 4:59 PM, Alan Rickman said:

Waiting patiently for Mario maker 2 was kind of lack luster. People better get on making me a flawless Mario world game or I'm gonna be really upset. 

Also the fact that you and a person sitting on your couch cant jump in with 2 other people is so lame. Nintendo needs to figure out their co OP shit

2 people on a couch together going online might be reasonable for online cooperative, but really wouldn't work for online vs, given it doesn't do split screen swhen playing that way offline and therefore forces the player that falls behind to go in a bubble to catch up. That would be problematic and annoying for vs. mode. All the same, I would support cooperative that way online. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

2 people on a couch together going online might be reasonable for online cooperative, but really wouldn't work for online vs, given it doesn't do split screen swhen playing that way offline and therefore forces the player that falls behind to go in a bubble to catch up. That would be problematic and annoying for vs. mode. All the same, I would support cooperative that way online. 

True that mode makes sense. But even smash has it blocked for you and a buddy to go online against other people. Or did they fix that?

1 hour ago, Alan Rickman said:

True that mode makes sense. But even smash has it blocked for you and a buddy to go online against other people. Or did they fix that?

You can do Smash Ultimate online with a buddy on the same system with ya.  Did that the other weekend in fact.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, M!ke said:

You can do Smash Ultimate online with a buddy on the same system with ya.  Did that the other weekend in fact.

Now that I'm remembering things more clearly I think my gripe was trying to link up with my buddy online and fighting 2 other randoms. Is that possible?

8 hours ago, Alan Rickman said:

Now that I'm remembering things more clearly I think my gripe was trying to link up with my buddy online and fighting 2 other randoms. Is that possible?

Hmm, not sure. I'd think you could, but perhaps not. 

Spent the last few days playing through Spider-Man on my brother-in-law's PS4. Super fun! It's honestly just like a way better version of the old Spider-Man 2 game that I loved. Didn't like the MJ or Miles missions but overall I really enjoyed the game a lot. Spider-Man 2 was always one of my favorite GameCube games just because of how fun it was to swing around the city. As a person who really likes Spider-Man but does not read the comics, I've been very satisfied by the past few movies and this game.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Playing the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, such nostalgia and the reboot of it is fucking awesome. 96% the first one and about half way through the second one. 

I so wanted to buy it when it came out for PS4 but it was obvious the switch version was going to come out eventually so I’ve waited. September 3rd. Can’t wait.

I know people here dont really care about Fortnite, but the Fortnite World Cup is all this weekend. 30 million in overall prize purse. So crazy. Gaming really has come so far and its awesome to see. Like first place gets 3 million and its most likely going to be a kid whos not even 20

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:55 AM, Russel Coight said:

I so wanted to buy it when it came out for PS4 but it was obvious the switch version was going to come out eventually so I’ve waited. September 3rd. Can’t wait.

are they making you download the game? I hate that, if you buy the game physically, it should all be there.

4 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

are they making you download the game? I hate that, if you buy the game physically, it should all be there.

No idea actually. I’m pretty sure with the PS4 version it was game 1 came on the disc and the other two were downloads so it seems likely could be the same here.

2 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

No idea actually. I’m pretty sure with the PS4 version it was game 1 came on the disc and the other two were downloads so it seems likely could be the same here.

FUCK THAT. how dumb