Video Games Thread

dildo69er

Just finished my second route of fire emblem, gonna give it a rest now. Started playing astral chain. What a game. If you like action games definitely pick it up.

@_Kyle_ Spyro is first game only on the game card. Other two are downloads. Game is pretty fun though. Great for the switch.

Anyone catch the Nintendo direct? Trials of mana remake looks really good and Xenoblade Chronicles 1 remaster has me super hyped.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:01 PM, Matt Skiba Fan 666 said:

Just finished my second route of fire emblem, gonna give it a rest now. Started playing astral chain. What a game. If you like action games definitely pick it up.

@_Kyle_ Spyro is first game only on the game card. Other two are downloads. Game is pretty fun though. Great for the switch.

Anyone catch the Nintendo direct? Trials of mana remake looks really good and Xenoblade Chronicles 1 remaster has me super hyped.

I really wanna get both Fire Emblem and Astral Chain.  I'm also considering Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition, never got into those Dragon Quest games, but have been playing the demo and have been really enjoying it.  Say what you will about Nintendo, but they have been killing it with their exclusive games on the Switch (I know DQ XI isn't exclusive, though the definitive edition appears to be).

On 9/5/2019 at 10:59 AM, ...Dan... said:

Game card? 

Spyro reignited trilogy is fucking awesome either way. 

Because the Switch is a portable system, it wouldn't have made sense to make it a disc-based system.  Fortunately, flash memory has come a long way and a lot of data can be fit on game cards about the same physical size of a standard SD card.  Of course this comes at a cost, game cards aren't as cheap to produce as discs, so the larger 3rd party games on the Switch will often opt for a smaller size card (typically 16GB cards), and have the rest of the game need to be downloaded into the system, though if the publishers wishes to, they can pay more to put the game on larger cards, but this comes back to the consumer, so they then would have to pay more for the game.  For those that buy their games only physically, this has become something of a small issue.  For me personally, most of my games I buy digitally because I really like being able to switch from one title to another without having to swap out any games, so the issue doesn't exist, and I have a 400GB micro SD card in the Switch which is about a third full with 30 or so games, so I'm not complaining. 

13 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I really wanna get both Fire Emblem and Astral Chain.  I'm also considering Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition, never got into those Dragon Quest games, but have been playing the demo and have been really enjoying it.  Say what you will about Nintendo, but they have been killing it with their exclusive games on the Switch (I know DQ XI isn't exclusive, though the definitive edition appears to be).

If you were only going to pick one I’d suggest fire emblem. I put 100 hours into it just doing 2 of the routes. I didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did but I got hooked. 

Astral chain is really good too but I’ve heard the main story is actually quite short. Like 15-20 hours and then to do like a completionist play through is like 30. But it is seriously fun. The controls take a bit of getting used to and for some dumb the + button is used to skip cutscenes while - is to pause and unpause. I’ve accidently skipped so many cutscenes since it’s backwards to like every other game.

i played a couple hours of the dragon quest demo. Seems fun. I’ll definitely give it a run once it comes out. That and links awakening since I never played the original.

48 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I had no idea that was out already! I still don't have a Switch but I can't wait to play that eventually. I just replayed the Game Boy version last year.

It’s not out till the 20th but games leak early and with a hacked switch you can take advantage of that.

I never played the original so I’m excited to play this version. There’s this weird blur effect they put in around the edges of the screen though which is really jarring.