dildo69er

Video Games Thread

Majora's is my favorite Zelda game. No other Zelda game has captured the feel of that game imo. Every random character matters, the world is eerie rather than bright and colorful like in most Zelda games, it's a little depressing, but it's a little hopeful, it's just such a unique Zelda game and I love it so much.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

I couldn't ever get past those fucking twin worms. 

zoraguitar.gif

you at least got to shred out right?

Swimming as the zora was fun in that game. Swimming sucks in every other Zelda game.

Sadly, swimming also sucks in the 3DS version of Majora's Mask. They changed it completely and it is no longer fun.

10 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

zoraguitar.gif

you at least got to shred out right?

It made me the guitarist I am today.

• Like 2

Here’s hoping botw2 is the successor to majoras mask. First time in a while we’ve had a direct sequel. same engine. Darker tone in the trailer. I have hopes

• Like 2

Slowly making my way through my Switch back log. 

Played through Link's Awakening the past few weeks. I've also been playing Super Mario Odyssey and Luigi's Mansion lately. Once I get through them, I'll probably start up BOTW and Civilization V (first Civ game). I've tried getting into Divinity: Original Sin 2 but it's a steep learning curve and it's been hard to get motivated to play it - although the writing and story seem fantastic. 

6 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Slowly making my way through my Switch back log. 

Played through Link's Awakening the past few weeks. I've also been playing Super Mario Odyssey and Luigi's Mansion lately. Once I get through them, I'll probably start up BOTW and Civilization V (first Civ game). I've tried getting into Divinity: Original Sin 2 but it's a steep learning curve and it's been hard to get motivated to play it - although the writing and story seem fantastic. 

I played Div2 with some friends on PC. Had zero care for it as a solo game, but loved it playing with mates. 

• Like 1

Having fun with Jedi: Fallen Order! This is the first big current game I've bought since Breath of the Wild. I'm playing on the easiest difficulty setting though, apparently I suck at video games now because I never really play anything current. But I've been having more fun since I lowered it!

It's not the most amazing game ever but it's just nice to finally have a good Star Wars game after such a long time. It blows my mind that there hasn't been like 50 Star Wars games since the Disney buyout. All we've had so far is the two Battlefronts, and this.

It took me like 15 years to beat Links Awakening and A Link to the Past. Such a thing of the past to play games that you are literally stuck on for years and have the desire to go back to them. If the internet didn’t exist there’s a decent chance I’d be stuck on them to this day, revisiting them periodically.

And the feeling of pride once I finally beat them. Indescribable. Lol

@Ghent's Brother

I had one of those walkthrough magazines for Ocarina of Time and the game still gave me trouble. Maybe I’m just stupid. But damn was it fun. Best video game franchise of all time period. 

Honestly I never got that into Majoras Mask though. I beat it, but back then I considered it kind of a let down sequel. Maybe I’d appreciate it more if I revisited. 

Triple post sorry, but the feeling of stealing Epona from the ranch for the first time. Ahhhh, that was so cool.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I had one of those walkthrough magazines for Ocarina of Time and the game still gave me trouble. Maybe I’m just stupid. But damn was it fun. Best video game franchise of all time period. 

Honestly I never got that into Majoras Mask though. I beat it, but back then I considered it kind of a let down sequel. Maybe I’d appreciate it more if I revisited. 

Yeah I was let down by Majora's Mask as well. I get it was darker and different, but that doesn't necessarily mean better. I just didn't like the structure of the game - 4 longer dungeons with a bunch of tedious side quests thrown in between each dungeon. It isn't as fun as having 7-10 dungeons with optional side quests for additional gear, IMO, which is the classic Zelda formula. 

If you're a fan of the old school ones like Link to the Past, you need to play A Link Between Worlds. It's the same map as Link to the Past along with the dark world, but there are a number of changes. Firstly - you buy your items and you can decide the dungeons in any order you want. Secondly - the dungeons are all new and don't share anything in common with LTTP, but they are still well designed. There's also a new gameplay mechanic where you appear as a hieroglyphic on walls and solve puzzles that way, and also traverse to the dark world this way instead of using a mirror. It's a really good, fresh remake of LTTP that is one of the best Zelda games of all time IMO, easily top 5. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

It took me like 15 years to beat Links Awakening and A Link to the Past. Such a thing of the past to play games that you are literally stuck on for years and have the desire to go back to them. If the internet didn’t exist there’s a decent chance I’d be stuck on them to this day, revisiting them periodically.

And the feeling of pride once I finally beat them. Indescribable. Lol

@Ghent's Brother

I mean I just replayed LttP on the SNES Classic earlier this year and there's still no way I could have done it without the Classics save system and the internet for a couple parts.  You'd be ripping your hair out otherwise

• Like 1