Video Games Thread

dildo69er

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Started fallen order on ‘Jedi master’. This shit is hard lol.

is that the hardest difficulty? I can't remember anymore. I started on whatever the equivalent of "normal" was and then eventually switched to easy mode when I got to some boss that I couldn't beat haha. I had lots of fun though, I can def see myself replaying it soon.

46 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

is that the hardest difficulty? I can't remember anymore. I started on whatever the equivalent of "normal" was and then eventually switched to easy mode when I got to some boss that I couldn't beat haha. I had lots of fun though, I can def see myself replaying it soon.

One level below hardest. So the  third hardest out of the four available. Definitely gonna drop down I think.

Normally I love to do a first run at the hardest difficulty but this shit is dark souls level of crazy and I’m not a good enough gamer to deal with this lol.

2 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

One level below hardest. So the  third hardest out of the four available. Definitely gonna drop down I think.

Normally I love to do a first run at the hardest difficulty but this shit is dark souls level of crazy and I’m not a good enough gamer to deal with this lol.

the older I get the less patience I have for hard games. I loved the challenge of hard games as a teenager and I hated using guides for anything but I've played a lot of games on easy mode in the last couple years and I follow walkthroughs all the time now haha. teenage me would be ashamed.

34 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

the older I get the less patience I have for hard games. I loved the challenge of hard games as a teenager and I hated using guides for anything but I've played a lot of games on easy mode in the last couple years and I follow walkthroughs all the time now haha. teenage me would be ashamed.

In my head I always believe there is always Easter eggs or whatever that you can only achieve when playing at the hardest difficulty, so I always start at the hardest and do my best to play at that difficulty to achieve them. But games like this  it’s just not fun to keep having to restart and never move forward just for those awards.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

In my head I always believe there is always Easter eggs or whatever that you can only achieve when playing at the hardest difficulty, so I always start at the hardest and do my best to play at that difficulty to achieve them. But games like this  it’s just not fun to keep having to restart and never move forward just for those awards.

I could be wrong but I don’t think Fallen Order is like that, especially because you can switch difficulties whenever you want as many times as you want. But yeah there are definitely games that reward you for playing on a higher difficulty .

On 3/17/2020 at 10:00 PM, Russel Coight said:

Animal crossing has leaked. Time to see what the fuss is all about.

-I’ve played 3 hours now. First animal crossing game. This shit is entertaining as fuck. My island is called “dude ranch” because ya know.

I'm on the fence for buying it. Never played one either, I've heard it's like Stardew Valley but slower, without farming, and based on actual days passing? 

14 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

I'm on the fence for buying it. Never played one either, I've heard it's like Stardew Valley but slower, without farming, and based on actual days passing? 

I'm on the fence about buying it too.  I have played them, and they are fun for awhile.  I wouldn't exactly put it in the same realm as Stardew Valley.  It's kinda like that, but with some very different twists and unique mechanics, and with an emphasis on putting you in control of how nearly everything looks and even sounds.   It is real time though, if it's night in the real world, it's night in the game, if it's winter, it's winter, if it's Halloween, it's Halloween.  It's essentially a game you're meant to spend a little bit of time with every day, but not that you'd often play long individual sessions of, except maybe at first when you're settling in and getting everything all set up just right.

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

Is Animal Crossing something my 7 year old daughter would enjoy playing with me? I don't really know what it is

Yeah I think your kid would like it. It’s just walking around an island collecting things, building things,  catching bugs/fish. It’s very passive gaming, would be fun for young kids definitely and great game for adults to just unwind to when they want to be doing something but not focus too hard on it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Never played stardew valley so I’m not sure if they’re comparable. It’s in real time and there is a limit on how much progression you can make each day. Like you can finish each days tasks within an hour or two and then all you can do is keep collecting stuff or just shut it off and wait for the next day.

It’s enjoyable. I was probably a little hyped when i said entertaining as fuck but it’s definitely fun. Honestly I pirated it and I think personally if I had payed $80 for it then I’d be a little disappointed because there is not really that much variety in what you do each day thus far. You get new tools that let you explore and collect different things but then it’s still just explore, collect what’s there, craft it into something, collect points etc each day while there is new activities you do the same actions to complete them more or less.

That might change though as the days progress further I’m not sure. 

12 minutes ago, Kay said:

For the record, Stardew Valley is brilliant. Like, genuinely one of the best games I've ever played. 

It's fun and has lots of replay value, but the gameplay loop isn't for everyone. There's a lot of content, but the actual gameplay mechanics don't really change throughout the game. I got bored of it after around 30-40 hours since I don't really care to play a game just so I can craft the next new thing and continue the endless loop, but my gf really loved it. 

31 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

It's fun and has lots of replay value, but the gameplay loop isn't for everyone. There's a lot of content, but the actual gameplay mechanics don't really change throughout the game. I got bored of it after around 30-40 hours since I don't really care to play a game just so I can craft the next new thing and continue the endless loop, but my gf really loved it. 

I mostly just find it to be like... Well, the gaming equivalent of weed. Most games I seek story, challenge and competition. With Stardew I found it just chilled me the fuck out, it's like a warm bath of shiny niceness. Never had a game like it. 

• Like 1