Video Games Thread

dildo69er

21 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Have you built the shop yet? Once that’s built that begins the process of loving new people in. 

That’s where I’m confused. My daughter is playing with me and they have offered her the chance to build the shop, but it hasn’t been offered to me. She’s a 1st grader so it’s pretty much lost on her. Do I need to take care of it on her account?

14 minutes ago, Ghent said:

That’s where I’m confused. My daughter is playing with me and they have offered her the chance to build the shop, but it hasn’t been offered to me. She’s a 1st grader so it’s pretty much lost on her. Do I need to take care of it on her account?

that's a good question, I hadn't considered how this would work with multiple people playing on the same island. You might have to help her!

I just got my Resident Services upgraded from a tent to a building today. Finally started hearing some different music.

I visited my sister's town online and her island puts mine to shame. She placed all the houses in a row and built a nice street with custom patterns, and decorated it all nicely with flowers and perfectly placed trees. my island is just a complete random mess lol.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Depends who was first to play. The second  user profile to play on the island can’t progress any further than the first person. So if you’re daughter started playing first on her profile and then you started another game on yours afterwards then yeah you can’t progress any further until she has. Unfortunately there is no way to change that atm besides deleting the island on her profile and starting all over again.

• Like 1

Okay so I've barely started playing  Breath of the wild and it looks awesome but I get such a crazy motion sickness from playing it. Like just after fifteen minutes I need to take a break or hand over the joy con because it feels like I'm gonna throw up/pass out. REALLY hope that will pass eventually because otherwise it'll probably take me a decade to finish that game. Didn't even know that was a thing haha

3 minutes ago, Madele said:

Okay so I've barely started playing  Breath of the wild and it looks awesome but I get such a crazy motion sickness from playing it. Like just after fifteen minutes I need to take a break or hand over the joy con because it feels like I'm gonna throw up/pass out. REALLY hope that will pass eventually because otherwise it'll probably take me a decade to finish that game. Didn't even know that was a thing haha

Weird.

Maybe you're just sick today?

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Weird.

Maybe you're just sick today?

Yeah I thought so too at first! But it was just the same yesterday and it's just when I'm playing it myself, then it passes shortly after I put it down. Weirdest thing is that it doesn't happen when I watch other people play.

I actually looked it up now and seems like it's something other people on the internets have experienced as well, so idk maybe I just need to ~get used to it or something 

12 hours ago, Maddey said:

That's weird.  Only thing I can relate to is the very first few times I played a 3DS and I was getting the 3D effect without the need for glasses.  It was like my brain had never comprehended something like that before and it gave me a headache.  But after a very few play sessions of the 3DS, that feeling subsided completely and never returned, here we are nearly 9 years later (what?!), and I've have that 3D cranked up to full effect ever since without issue.

Your issue is odd though, because you're just playing a traditional game without any gimmicks to how it plays or looks and you're getting that kind of issue.  Having put countless hours into Breath of the Wild, I can't say I relate with any such effect with that particular game, and considering how fantastic the title is, I really do hope this is just something your brain needs to get used to and then it will be ok indefinitely while playing.  My only guess might be that the cel-shading style of the game might be putting your brain through a loop if you don't typically play games in that kind of art style.

• Like 1

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

yeah, ghent, your daughter has to build the shop for it to happen. also that could be why people aren't showing up to your island.

Wish I would have known there would be a "main" player from the start. Doesn't really make sense

Big report getting picked up by reputable gaming site like IGN are claiming that a LOT of remasters of 3D Mario titles are coming to the Switch.  Supposedly confirmed are:

Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D World Deluxe, A new Paper Mario game, and other "3D Mario" titles.  

The way it reads, 3D World Deluxe will be a separate release, and I believe the other 3D Mario titles will be part of a separate Mario collection release.  Maybe a Super Mario All-Stars 2, if you will.  I imagine such a title would include: 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2.

That would leave one major 3D Mario title not represented on the Switch: 3D Land.  My theory is that too might make it to Switch, but maybe bundled in with 3D World Deluxe, as a separate game within the title, or all those levels get unlocked within 3D World when you beat the main game or something like that.

This isn't officially confirmed by Nintendo, but it seems this may well be happening to some extent, and if it is, I can not wait.  HD Remasters of these Mario titles would be amazing, and I'm curious if 64 would include the extra content that 64 DS added in.

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Big report getting picked up by reputable gaming site like IGN are claiming that a LOT of remasters of 3D Mario titles are coming to the Switch.  Supposedly confirmed are:

Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D World Deluxe, A new Paper Mario game, and other "3D Mario" titles.  

The way it reads, 3D World Deluxe will be a separate release, and I believe the other 3D Mario titles will be part of a separate Mario collection release.  Maybe a Super Mario All-Stars 2, if you will.  I imagine such a title would include: 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2.

That would leave one major 3D Mario title not represented on the Switch: 3D Land.  My theory is that too might make it to Switch, but maybe bundled in with 3D World Deluxe, as a separate game within the title, or all those levels get unlocked within 3D World when you beat the main game or something like that.

This isn't officially confirmed by Nintendo, but it seems this may well be happening to some extent, and if it is, I can not wait.  HD Remasters of these Mario titles would be amazing, and I'm curious if 64 would include the extra content that 64 DS added in.

Seems likely, IMO. Nintendo currently has no plans to release any more first party games for the rest of the year, which seems ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Seems likely, IMO. Nintendo currently has no plans to release any more first party games for the rest of the year, which seems ridiculous.

Yeah, don't count on that actually being the case.  That Direct only revealed games up through June.  Clearly whatever their big holiday release(s) this year is/are, they planned on revealing that in their June E3 Direct.  Still when they typically reveal their holiday releases around this time if they're brand new, they haven't yet (or so it would seem).  So that actually has me thinking the Breath of the Wild sequel may be the big game they've got planned for this holiday, because they've already revealed that one, so they can hold off a little longer before showcasing it again in further detail.

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Got a link? That sounds awesome. I love super Mario sunshine! Now if they’d just get there shit together and release Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD on the switch I’d be stoked. 

edit: found the link myself. Seems cool. 

2 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Yeah, don't count on that actually being the case.  That Direct only revealed games up through June.  Clearly whatever their big holiday release(s) this year is/are, they planned on revealing that in their June E3 Direct.  Still when they typically reveal their holiday releases around this time if they're brand new, they haven't yet (or so it would seem).  So that actually has me thinking the Breath of the Wild sequel may be the big game they've got planned for this holiday, because they've already revealed that one, so they can hold off a little longer before showcasing it again in further detail.

yeah I think BOTW2 will be the holidays release this year. There might be a new mario kart too I suspect. There hasn’t been a switch exclusive mario kart yet which seems crazy.

I do wonder whether Covoid 19 is going to effect production on a lot of titles. Might only see them be able to push for one big release for the last half of this year.

So apparently some images from what we’re meant to be included in an ad for a new Flipnote game have been leaked online. They were apparently taken off Nintendo CDN. Seems there has been a bit of a data breach for switch stuff with all the mario News leaking and some YouTube channel has gotten access to Pokemon DLC music.

Take it as a grain of salt with the date being what it is but these images were definitely leaked a few days ago. I’ll spoiler em just in case:

Spoiler

4-DDD8-CFF-AF70-4-FD4-BCBD-0163-B546-FD9
-We got Cappy there on koizimu head with the 2’s in 2020 made red. Likely hint of mario odyssey 2 

- metroid

-pikmin

-paper mario

-pokemon mystery dungeon maybe new game or dlc because the bear is the sword and shield dlc mon

- no idea

3-DE44523-1-F3-A-488-E-A43-F-F87837398-A

-animal crossing dlc

-the pirate from Skyward Sword holding a switch with link behind him most likely skyward sword on switch

-Not sure

-arms fighter for smash most likely

-Luigi mansion dlc

- more pikmin

54 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

CC6-C0-CB9-1917-45-A6-88-D7-53-D7-BD61-C

Look what I picked up today! Australia got the game early cause of Covoid19 and the stores put it up for sale today! Isolation just got a lot better.

Maybe if you pose nude with it I can finish.