Video Games Thread

dildo69er

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I might have to get THPS before some of the other games I want haha. It just looks so fun and I could use a less story-driven, more casual game like that right now.

Im actually kind of worried about the controls. I’m so used to playing THPS with a GameCube controller and I feel like playing it with an Xbox controller on my PC will feel wrong.

I grew up with it on PlayStation and thought I'd struggle with the xbox controller but @Speedo is right you'll get into the flow real easy. 

• Like 1

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

I got my copy from Wal-Mart for $33. For all the bell and whistles, i'll take it. Just wish the music wasn't edited, which I think it was back in the day. Also WHERE IS THE BLOOD!?!?!?

I never bothered with the sound track anyway, I always played with headphones in and my own music playing.

16 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I never bothered with the sound track anyway, I always played with headphones in and my own music playing.

I remember for the xbox you could upload tacks onto your xbox harddrive and play along to your own made up soundtrack and that was pretty nice. But yeah, I feel like with this nostalgia trip I would just stick to the comforting sounds of the likes of Rage Against The Machine, Bad Religion, and the Primus. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I remember for the xbox you could upload tacks onto your xbox harddrive and play along to your own made up soundtrack and that was pretty nice. But yeah, I feel like with this nostalgia trip I would just stick to the comforting sounds of the likes of Rage Against The Machine, Bad Religion, and the Primus. 

That Dead Kennedys song is the biggest nostalgia spike ever for THPS1, brings me right back to playing in that wearhouse for hours on the n64

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

I got my copy from Wal-Mart for $33. For all the bell and whistles, i'll take it. Just wish the music wasn't edited, which I think it was back in the day. Also WHERE IS THE BLOOD!?!?!?

I think they tried to make the game a bit more child appropriate so no blood, no swears, a lot less lewd references. 

55 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Anyone see this? Canon prequel to BOTW but it's Hyrule Warriors game instead of a standard Zelda game.

I'm usually not a fan of the hack n slash type of games but this is interesting! I read that they're promising a robust story to it and I'll be happy if that's the case. 

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Anyone see this? Canon prequel to BOTW but it's Hyrule Warriors game instead of a standard Zelda game.

The first Hyrule Warriors was way more fun than I was expecting so I’m excited for this! The fact that it’s a prequel to BotW which essentially makes BotW a trilogy now is pretty rad too.

43 minutes ago, Maddey said:

I'm usually not a fan of the hack n slash type of games but this is interesting! I read that they're promising a robust story to it and I'll be happy if that's the case. 

Even though it’s a spin off every aspect of the game from story to dialogue is being looked over by the Zelda team so I’m pretty excited for this.

• Like 1

Yeah, for a game I had no idea was in the works, and didn't think I needed, I sure am interested in the new Hyrule Warriors game.  I loved the first Hyrule Warriors game surprisingly, given that it's just a hack and slash like any other Warriors game, but the Zelda characters and lore really do go a long way for me, couple that with it being one of the strongest Warriors entry there has been at that.  Thing is though, that game didn't really even have a plot as I recall (not that it needed one) it was pretty much different iterations of characters being warped into an alternate reality where they fights mobs of enemies for no major reason as I recall.  The fact that this game is going to be the story of the war that took place 100 years before BOTW has me sooo much more interested.  At the end of the day I know it's just another Hack and Slash game with a coat of BOTW paint over it, but shit, it feels like it's so connected to BOTW which is a game I absolutely adore, I can't not be excited for it.  Kinda fucked up though, knowing it's a game where at the end of it, the bad guy wins.

8 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

When are they gonna remake Worms: Armageddon

It's not Armageddon, but there's a cool looking new Worms game coming out, called Worms Rumble, it's pretty much a battle royale game with up to 32 Worms, everyone plays as one Worm in the classic Worm style, but it's not turn based, you constantly move, ninja rope, jetpack, etc. etc. while trying to kill all the other worms.  I know the battle royale formula is nothing new at this point, but I do think it's cool how when applied to a game like Worms it changes it up so significantly yet still sounds really fun.

Anyway, if you're looking for classic Worms gameplay, did you ever play the last entry, Worms WMD?  I think it might be my favorite traditional entry in the series.

12 hours ago, M!ke said:

It's not Armageddon, but there's a cool looking new Worms game coming out, called Worms Rumble, it's pretty much a battle royale game with up to 32 Worms, everyone plays as one Worm in the classic Worm style, but it's not turn based, you constantly move, ninja rope, jetpack, etc. etc. while trying to kill all the other worms.  I know the battle royale formula is nothing new at this point, but I do think it's cool how when applied to a game like Worms it changes it up so significantly yet still sounds really fun.

Anyway, if you're looking for classic Worms gameplay, did you ever play the last entry, Worms WMD?  I think it might be my favorite traditional entry in the series.

Looks cool, Armageddon was definitely the best for me though, the simplicity, yet strategery required was so much fun.  Loved banana bombing the fuck out of everyone even if it got my own guys.

No never tried any new releases.

5 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Looks cool, Armageddon was definitely the best for me though, the simplicity, yet strategery required was so much fun.  Loved banana bombing the fuck out of everyone even if it got my own guys.

No never tried any new releases.

If you love Armageddon, I think you'd really like Worms WMD.  Prior to that game, Armageddon probably was my favorite entry in the series.

• Like 1

I've been playing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle for the past week or so because I got it on sale for like 80% off when I first got my Switch back in March but I never tried it until now. It's really fun! I haven't played a strategy game like this since Advance Wars on the GBA probably, and I loved that one too.

Decided to hold off on buying any new games for at least a week or so just in case my house burns down and my PC with it with these wildfires going on here in Oregon. I really want to play Tony Hawk though haha. Monday and Tuesday were the scariest days because the fire was way more out of control and it was getting closer to my house very quickly, but it seems like we're gonna be okay now. Still, not gonna make any purchases for a few days just in case.

Wow, finally got around to THPS 1&2, maybe it's just because I don't game anymore but I was so thoroughly enjoying it.  I remembered every control like it was yesterday.  I got severely nostalgic in that warehouse though in the half pipe, idk why, it was almost overwhelming/eery thinking back to how many hours were spent in that half pipe alone figuring out grab tricks.  Nailed a 900 and legit yelled out loud.  Excited to 'replay' all this to get to the next level.

Sometimes simpler is better? Don't have this fun anymore with overly complex games and no I'm not just dumb.