Video Games Thread

dildo69er

How the fuck do you 100% THPS1! Even with the manualing it's still challenging as shit to get some of those achievements. I can't even best Chad Muska in this skatepark level.

Has anyone tried with the classic layout? That was extremely difficult to get some of those tapes and what not, I give my younger stuff credit.

1 hour ago, Jan's Plan said:

How the fuck do you 100% THPS1! Even with the manualing it's still challenging as shit to get some of those achievements. I can't even best Chad Muska in this skatepark level.

Has anyone tried with the classic layout? That was extremely difficult to get some of those tapes and what not, I give my younger stuff credit.

GET GUD

Jk, I 100%'d both but it took forever. I mostly just did a shit load of chaining combos with grinds, manuals, wallplants and flip tricks, and tried to find areas where I could keep them going as long as possible. Mapping specials to easy to remember controls is helpful too.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

GET GUD

Jk, I 100%'d both but it took forever. I mostly just did a shit load of chaining combos with grinds, manuals, wallplants and flip tricks, and tried to find areas where I could keep them going as long as possible. Mapping specials to easy to remember controls is helpful too.

How did we do this back in the day without manuals though? These point requirements have to be higher right? Otherwise I have no idea how I did that..

Mario collection just leaked and the games are just roms being emulated on the switch.

Lazy of Nintendo to not even properly port the games for Marios 35 years but whatever. The emulators are. a good sign though, could hint that Nintendo plans on adding more n64/gamcube/wii games to the switch soon eventually through Nintendo online.

Although hopefully the homebrew community will be able to do it much sooner.

7 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

How did we do this back in the day without manuals though? These point requirements have to be higher right? Otherwise I have no idea how I did that..

Well, the high score stuff was different for a start.

Take THPS1 warehouse for example. High score is 5k, sick score is 15k.

In the new one, the high score is 10k and the sick score is 100k. They've bumped up scores so that the extra abilities can be taken into account. 

Plus in the originals I think the physics were more forgiving, you have a bit less weight and gravity to your characters so it made your air time longer. 

5 hours ago, Kay said:

Well, the high score stuff was different for a start.

Take THPS1 warehouse for example. High score is 5k, sick score is 15k.

In the new one, the high score is 10k and the sick score is 100k. They've bumped up scores so that the extra abilities can be taken into account. 

Plus in the originals I think the physics were more forgiving, you have a bit less weight and gravity to your characters so it made your air time longer. 

Ah that's what I figured.  Manuals make all the difference in the world though, I can't tell which I like better, but there sure was a certain challenge with the original.

8 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Ah that's what I figured.  Manuals make all the difference in the world though, I can't tell which I like better, but there sure was a certain challenge with the original.

I have been playing with a broken xbox controller, new one got delivered today, the game is suddenly a lot easier, I accidentally handicapped myself haha

On 9/11/2020 at 6:16 PM, Jan's Plan said:

Looks cool, Armageddon was definitely the best for me though, the simplicity, yet strategery required was so much fun.  Loved banana bombing the fuck out of everyone even if it got my own guys.

No never tried any new releases.

On the odd occasion me and my mates play, I love trying different, wacky tactics. My favourite is what I call 'aggressive girdering'. Basically, instead of using the girders as a form of defense for my own worms, I use them around other worms to trap them so that they can't hit me and are forced to use/waste a teleport. It's daft, but great fun and pisses people off to no end 😂

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

On the odd occasion me and my mates play, I love trying different, wacky tactics. My favourite is what I call 'aggressive girdering'. Basically, instead of using the girders as a form of defense for my own worms, I use them around other worms to trap them so that they can't hit me and are forced to use/waste a teleport. It's daft, but great fun and pisses people off to no end 😂

The game is brilliant, used to do the same shit all the time.

A lot of the times I just would let them come close to me to plan this big attack, just to start myself and everyone on fire to destroy their plans and slide everyone into the drink.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:22 PM, M!ke said:

If you love Armageddon, I think you'd really like Worms WMD.  Prior to that game, Armageddon probably was my favorite entry in the series.

They have a bundle for both WMD and Battlegrounds for $35 ($5 more than WMD..) so just got that.

• Like 1