Video Games Thread

Has anyone here played Ori and the Will of Wisps? It's 50% off right now and I saw it got great reviews. And I'm a sucker for good indie games. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My little sister made this Christmas ornament for me and I just want to share my joy with you guys:

Made some blink records on acpatterns.com lol neighborhoods was impossible to recreate so I stopped at untitled. @Ry-Bread, don’t know if this is worth sharing on the Twitter account or

a more general look at them, we combine like that what are you playing thread with just stories of fun or rage inducing shit that has happened in the life of video games. Mention your favourites or ju

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Cum said:

Has anyone here played Ori and the Will of Wisps? It's 50% off right now and I saw it got great reviews. And I'm a sucker for good indie games. 

I played it or the sequel for like an hour. It’s beautifully made and looks quite stunning. I didn’t drop it cause it was bad or anything, I was just heavily invested in another game at the time and just wanted to check it out since I had heard many good things. Ill Definitely pick it up again at some point.

6 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I played it or the sequel for like an hour. It’s beautifully made and looks quite stunning. I didn’t drop it cause it was bad or anything, I was just heavily invested in another game at the time and just wanted to check it out since I had heard many good things. Ill Definitely pick it up again at some point.

I've heard you need to play the first one to really enjoy the storyline because the game is super emotional. I'll probably grab both when on sale. 

Finished Final Fantasy 12. I hated it. Then I looked online and apparently it’s near universally loved??? Wtf. Worst FF game I’ve played and I’ve played 1-12 except for 11. If this is any indication of where the series is heading I might not continue playing the rest (plus I’ve heard 13 sucks).

The announcement for the Octopath Traveler style remake of Dragon Quest 3 has me hyped. Probably the JRPG I’m most looking forward to now.

56 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Finished Final Fantasy 12. I hated it. Then I looked online and apparently it’s near universally loved??? Wtf. Worst FF game I’ve played and I’ve played 1-12 except for 11. If this is any indication of where the series is heading I might not continue playing the rest (plus I’ve heard 13 sucks).

The announcement for the Octopath Traveler style remake of Dragon Quest 3 has me hyped. Probably the JRPG I’m most looking forward to now.

Yeah, well you also heard 12 was great so ...

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Yeah, well you also heard 12 was great so ...

I actually hadn’t looked into it before playing it. I’d just played all the previous games so I figured I’d keep going! But that is a good point, I often don’t agree with reviews or general consensus anyway. 12 is the last one in the Switch though and I’m not too excited about playing anything on my PC, so I might be done with those games for a while.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:09 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm happy that Square is continuing to use the Octopath art style in more games, it really is a beautiful style that works well for these classic JRPG styled games. I would love to see Chrono Trigger remade in such an art style.

• Love 1

Beat Breath of the Wild. Great game but a bit overhyped (I’d rank it around 8.5-9/10 instead of the constant 10/10s I saw online). I found the first half much more enjoyable and immersive than the second half as the formula got a bit repetitive after a while, but still a very enjoyable experience.

Any recommendations on my next game to start from my backlog would be welcomed. I’ve got:

-Okami HD

-Downwell

-South Park: The Fractured But Whole

-Risk of Rain 2

-Divinity Original Sin 2

-Into the Breach

-Super Mario 3D All Stars

-Civilization VI

-Warframe

-Crash Bandicoot trilogy remake (started it but didn’t really like it much)

The final scenes of the walking dead video games just made me tear up. wtf.

I was not prepared for how good this is. The tv show never clicked for me.

On 5/30/2021 at 8:41 PM, Cum said:

Beat Breath of the Wild. Great game but a bit overhyped (I’d rank it around 8.5-9/10 instead of the constant 10/10s I saw online). I found the first half much more enjoyable and immersive than the second half as the formula got a bit repetitive after a while, but still a very enjoyable experience.

I beat the desert divine beast last night ... I just have the bird one left. It's been a fun little play through so far ... agreed its been a little repetitive though. I bought the DLC packs for like 8 bucks, so it'll take me a little longer to complete the game now.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone understand the science of why we watch movies at 24 fps and it looks perfect to us but 30 fps for a video game looks like shit? Or why The Hobbit movie was in 48 fps and it looked weird as hell because of it? Yet we love 60 or 120 fps for video games. I don't get it. I have small brain.

• Like 1

My biggest hope for E3 is a Twilight Princess port tbh, anything else zelda related will be a plus

Been tempted to buy a pre owned gamecube version of it lately (for ages) but gonna wait and see if it’ll get a switch version in any near future first, due to all the rumors

obvs wouldn’t exactly mind some botw2 news either though

6 hours ago, Maddey said:

My biggest hope for E3 is a Twilight Princess port tbh, anything else zelda related will be a plus

Surely they have to do something with the Zelda 35th anniversary other than just Slyward Sword. Porting twilight princess hd and wind waker is a no brainer.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Maddey said:

Been tempted to buy a pre owned gamecube version of it lately (for ages) but gonna wait and see if it’ll get a switch version in any near future first, due to all the rumors

obvs wouldn’t exactly mind some botw2 news either though

I’d like to play Twilight Princess again. That’s an underrated game

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Surely they have to do something with the Zelda 35th anniversary other than just Slyward Sword. Porting twilight princess hd and wind waker is a no brainer.

For sure. They'd have to stagger the releases quite a bit though - who the hell would spend full price for Skyward Sword when you could get multiple, better Zelda games for the same price? 

16 minutes ago, Cum said:

For sure. They'd have to stagger the releases quite a bit though - who the hell would spend full price for Skyward Sword when you could get multiple, better Zelda games for the same price? 

I doubt they’d do a bundle with the HD ports. They would be full price games each. You’d maybe get a bundle with ocarina and majoras mask.

• Sad 1
Just now, Russel Coight said:

I doubt they’d do a bundle with the HD ports. They would be full price games each. You’d maybe get a bundle with ocarina and majoras mask.

I still think a Toon Link package of Spirit Tracks/Phantom Hourglass/Wind Waker would be amazing. They'd have to revamp the touch screen controls though.