Video Games Thread

I’d love to get the nicer looking 3DS versions of Ocarina and Majora ported to the Switch. The N64 versions are on literally every single Nintendo console from the N64 itself to the Wii U. Give us a chance to play the versions with better graphics on the big screen! (Better yet give us completely new HD modern remakes of those games, but I’m not counting on that ever happening)

• Like 2
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My little sister made this Christmas ornament for me and I just want to share my joy with you guys:

Made some blink records on acpatterns.com lol neighborhoods was impossible to recreate so I stopped at untitled. @Ry-Bread, don’t know if this is worth sharing on the Twitter account or

a more general look at them, we combine like that what are you playing thread with just stories of fun or rage inducing shit that has happened in the life of video games. Mention your favourites or ju

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Cum said:

I still think a Toon Link package of Spirit Tracks/Phantom Hourglass/Wind Waker would be amazing. They'd have to revamp the touch screen controls though. 

Well they worked out motion controls for skyward sword onto the switch so it’s not impossible.

46 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’d love to get the nicer looking 3DS versions of Ocarina and Majora ported to the Switch. The N64 versions are on literally every single Nintendo console from the N64 itself to the Wii U. Give us a chance to play the versions with better graphics on the big screen! (Better yet give us completely new HD modern remakes of those games, but I’m not counting on that ever happening)

Nintendo did remake A Link to the Past with new graphics, a slightly modified map with new dungeons and purchasing weapons instead of finding them, and the hieroglyphic gameplay mechanic. Hopefully they do the same for those two classics, while adding some different gameplay mechanics to change it up. 

15 hours ago, Maddey said:

My biggest hope for E3 is a Twilight Princess port tbh, anything else zelda related will be a plus

Been tempted to buy a pre owned gamecube version of it lately (for ages) but gonna wait and see if it’ll get a switch version in any near future first, due to all the rumors

obvs wouldn’t exactly mind some botw2 news either though

I imagine Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD will be coming to the Switch, given all the other Wii U games that have made it to the system, and it is the 35th anniversary of Zelda this year, and Skyward Sword is getting it's HD release as well.  However, I don't think we'll hear a word about either of the HD Wii U ports getting ported to the Switch at this E3.  Their Zelda news will almost definitely be about BOTW2, and maybe a brief final mention of Skyward Sword HD as that releases real soon.  Anything else Zelda though i think we'll see later in the year in a separate Zelda 35th anniversary Direct.

Having said all of that, I think Nintendo is poised to not only have one of their best E3 showings ever, but one of their all around best Directs ever.  At least they could anyway.  Nintendo loves to hold back and leave you wanting to know more, all the time.  But they have so many big games that we actually know about in the works right now to all come out relatively soon, with a few unknown release dates that I have to imagine are approaching soon regardless, then we'll almost certainly get another Smash fighter reveal if not the final 2, and they will likely have some sort of big surprise game they haven't announced yet as well.  

• Like 1

I'm waiting to bust out my wind waker hd for the wii u until E3. Hope it does come out, wouldn't mind buying it for real this time.

Been playing the remastered Dark Souls and damn is this a janky ass game. I'm into it but it feels like it's from 2001, not 2011. It being difficult is rewarding but really not my type of game in that the hook is the difficulty. I also hate games that have inventories with 80+ weapons, items, clothing, etc. 

On 6/11/2021 at 5:40 AM, _Kyle_ said:

I'm waiting to bust out my wind waker hd for the wii u until E3. Hope it does come out, wouldn't mind buying it for real this time.

Been playing the remastered Dark Souls and damn is this a janky ass game. I'm into it but it feels like it's from 2001, not 2011. It being difficult is rewarding but really not my type of game in that the hook is the difficulty. I also hate games that have inventories with 80+ weapons, items, clothing, etc. 

I don’t think the Switch remaster got the bump up to 60FPS that the other consoles received. It also has poor audio quality that can be jarring at times.

Such a great game though, it’s in my top 3 for best games of the last decade or so. The DLC is insanely hard, the bosses are ridiculous.

You’ll notice that the game is difficult but fair. You learn a lot from your mistakes and how in depth the combat is. It’s pretty rare that the game feels cheap or unfair.

Nintendo had a pretty great showing. 

I'll probably be buying Mario Golf, Metroid Dread, Mario Party Allstars, Zelda BOTW 2, and Advanced Wars. Nice to also see Warioware get a new game, but it's hard to justify spending $80 on a collection of mini games. 

The Zelda Game and Watch was a bit of a disappointment for the anniversary celebration, but new Metroid and Advance Wars makes it palatable. 

Nintendo wins e3. I can’t believe we’ve been hearing rumors about Metroid Dread since the Game Boy Advance days and now it’s finally a reality. Advance Wars has me hyped because that was my favorite GBA game and I lost it so I can’t wait to play that again. Mario Golf looks super fun. Mario Party looks great even though it’s old boards and mini games. Still great to have a classic style Mario Party to play. I played the old Mario Party games so much in college with friends and roommates.

Zelda Game & Watch is pretty cool imo. I have a feeling we still might get at least one more Zelda announcement before the year ends. Who knows though.

• Like 2

I agree Nintendo won this e3, but they also held back and that's so frustrating. Also, very annoyed that we still don't have the BOTW2 subtitle.  I had been cheering on 'Death of the Wild' but with all the sky exploration, the game isn't looking as dark or grim as I had been anticipating, and such a name may no longer fit. Whatever its called though, I can't wait to find out, as it's looking fantastic. 

27 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Anyone feel like we’re gonna get a loft wing to fly around on in botw2? All those sky islands just scream for it. Skyward Sword HD release just in time to promote hype for it. Even that scene we see of Link falling is similar to one in Skyward Sword.

The loft wings were all over BotW, on columns and wall carvings, I was surprised they didn't have a role in it.

So I've been playing red dead 2 story, most of the way through, and Ive adored every minute of it, but what really makes it for me? 

Main dudes Arthur Morgan. Sometimes, people just call him Morgan. Every time I'm like "Hey, dat me!", really helps my immersion.