Jump to content
 

Video Games Thread


dildo69er
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about RDR2, but I’ve tried getting into to a couple times and… when does it get fun? Lol. If I thought the first five hours or so were excruciatingly boring will I ever enjoy it? I’ve literally never heard anyone else call the game boring but it was painfully dull for me. So much just walking slowly behind someone for minutes at a time while they talk to you. I couldn’t stand it.

I got bored of it too. I played it for quite a while and it’s probably my own fault for trying to do everything and then getting burnt out. But I never managed to finish it. Even tried picking it up again recently and did a few missions before dropping it again.

  • Crab 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about RDR2, but I’ve tried getting into to a couple times and… when does it get fun? Lol. If I thought the first five hours or so were excruciatingly boring will I ever enjoy it? I’ve literally never heard anyone else call the game boring but it was painfully dull for me. So much just walking slowly behind someone for minutes at a time while they talk to you. I couldn’t stand it.

Yeah the first few hours are slow. 
It does open up, though. You play it for the storyline, world building/immersion, and a lot of the side content is fun (hunting legendary animals, finding the best horses, fishing, etc.). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, King of the Weekend said:

It’s an amazing experience, let us know when you finish it. I have my gripes with the design, but I’ll post a vid later as I don’t want to taint your experience as you play through it.

Cover can be a nightmare and Rockstar do need to move on from that, as well as a slightly repetitive mission structure. All can be forgiven with the sheer levels of immersion though, holy shit. Thanks for holding back, I was already an idiot and spoiled it all for myself, so no worries if you're fearing that.

 

2 hours ago, Kay said:

It’s probably my favourite game of all time.

That's cus you're a fuckable space cowboy princess of dynastia 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got to get out of Colter and vibe in Chapter II in Valentine, everyone that's good looking likes Valentine.

The gang is on top, archetypal Western town, calm green hue of the prairies - fucking get it in my veins, the ones on my phallus

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Just got to get out of Colter and vibe in Chapter II in Valentine, everyone that's good looking likes Valentine.

The gang is on top, archetypal Western town, calm green hue of the prairies - fucking get it in my veins, the ones on my phallus

Chapter 2 is my favourite to be fair. Spend as much time with the gang as you can, I’ve played through it fully twice and still missed loads of little bits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Kay said:

Chapter 2 is my favourite to be fair. Spend as much time with the gang as you can, I’ve played through it fully twice and still missed loads of little bits. 

Yeah, it's the last hurrah of the gang. New Hanover is just such a chill part of the map. God...the map, it's undefeated.

Also, not sure if it's because I played the first one but - God, it's so obvious that 

Spoiler

Dutch is a narcissistic piece of shit from the get-go. He can't take constructive criticism of his plans. His lavish tent etc. I might write about it, he meets all the hallmarks of a textbook narcissist. However, a small part of me still manages to like him. I guess that's just an extremely well done character

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Yeah, it's the last hurrah of the gang. New Hanover is just such a chill part of the map. God...the map, it's undefeated.

Also, not sure if it's because I played the first one but - God, it's so obvious that 

  Hide contents

Dutch is a narcissistic piece of shit from the get-go. He can't take constructive criticism of his plans. His lavish tent etc. I might write about it, he meets all the hallmarks of a textbook narcissist. However, a small part of me still manages to like him. I guess that's just an extremely well done character

 

Spoiler

He is so well executed. He’s definitely questionable and a little power mad from the start but his unraveling through the story is so gently done. There’s a conversation he has with Lenny in chapter 2 about that Miller book that is a highlight for me, not sure if you’ve seen that yet.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2022 at 10:43 PM, Russel Coight said:

I got bored of it too. I played it for quite a while and it’s probably my own fault for trying to do everything and then getting burnt out. But I never managed to finish it. Even tried picking it up again recently and did a few missions before dropping it again.

I've found this with playing Zelda: BOTW - just cannot get into it, had moments of enjoyment but kind of got burnt out by the same old trapsing across an open world to try and figure out a shrine puzzle.

RD:R2 is fucking great, one of those games where you feel like you're actually in a real and breathing world. Feel like I need to replay it at some point. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I've found this with playing Zelda: BOTW - just cannot get into it, had moments of enjoyment but kind of got burnt out by the same old trapsing across an open world to try and figure out a shrine puzzle.

RD:R2 is fucking great, one of those games where you feel like you're actually in a real and breathing world. Feel like I need to replay it at some point. 

I’ve done two full playthroughs and I still missed shit loads. Like the ghost train!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if nintendo will ever make those goddam Zelda WW/TP switch ports that have been rumored for ages now. I end up believing the rumors every time so I’m still a bit disappointed after the last Direct tbh. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Playing FF7 Remake: Intergrade (PS5). It’s my first Final Fantasy game I’ve ever played. I’m about two hours into it and don’t really know what to think.

-the dialogue and voiceovers can be super cheesy/campy and I don’t know if it’s intentional;

-the gameplay feels pretty hack and slash with some RPG elements (commands for spells) - not sure if that will get repetitive after a while;

-the RPG elements (in terms of gear/equipment/stats/abilities) seem pretty basic, but I’m hoping that’s because I’m only on the 3rd Chapter:

-the graphics are great and the storyline is intriguing, seems promising on its critique of capitalism/industrialism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just played through the FF7 remake and the Yuffie DLC. I never had much of a connection to the original but I really enjoyed the remake, I often struggle with the difficulty level of Final Fantasy games but it always felt fair and balanced, and the combat system was snappy and always fun.

Probably not going to start anything new now since the new God of War comes out in like a week, definitely playing that release day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2022 at 2:40 AM, _Bagel said:

Only four years late to the party but playing through RDR2. In terms of a thoughtful game, these shit all over GTA. Rarely am I ever content to just exist in a game-world with no real plans. The views, nature, random events and NPC's - this game world is so vivid and alive. Not to mention Arthur Morgan, in spite of his tremendously high body count (maybe both ways) is a cute guy beneath the murdering and debt collecting.

Man I only just got through RDR2 a month or so ago. Started it a couple of times over the last few years and gave up like 5-10 hours in since it was so slow, really glad I stuck with it this time 'cause it really is a masterpiece.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Dean said:

Man I only just got through RDR2 a month or so ago. Started it a couple of times over the last few years and gave up like 5-10 hours in since it was so slow, really glad I stuck with it this time 'cause it really is a masterpiece.

yeah - it really requires some patience, it has that slow burn feel of a novel. Honestly - it is a book in my eyes. Glad we both persevered. Red Dead > GTA. Rockstar’s best IP by far 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the problem I had and probably a lot of other people had was looking for "GTA with cowboys". While it has that Rockstar DNA throughout it's really nothing like GTA. Masterfully told story.

I just wish there was a way I could play RDR1, never touched it and no way to play it on modern consoles. Could try emulating it I guess but I'd be surprised if that goes well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dean said:

I think the problem I had and probably a lot of other people had was looking for "GTA with cowboys". While it has that Rockstar DNA throughout it's really nothing like GTA. Masterfully told story.

I just wish there was a way I could play RDR1, never touched it and no way to play it on modern consoles. Could try emulating it I guess but I'd be surprised if that goes well.

Yeah - mission structure/shooting mechanics are the same, that's about it. I feel like the world was so much more reactive than any GTA game I played. 

Ah man - sorry to hear. Have you got a Series X? I can see it on the Xbox store. Yeah, emulating shit is beyond me - tread carefully my friend

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Yeah - mission structure/shooting mechanics are the same, that's about it. I feel like the world was so much more reactive than any GTA game I played. 

Ah man - sorry to hear. Have you got a Series X? I can see it on the Xbox store. Yeah, emulating shit is beyond me - tread carefully my friend

Nah I was always a Playstation guy but switched to PC-only gaming years and years ago until I bought back into consoles with the PS5. Might just need to borrow my brothers PS3 some time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...