Jump to content
 

Video Games Thread


dildo69er
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Whenever I think of bothering to read into the lore, I think of this -

 

Fuck, I found that guy annoying but I appreciate the legwork - layers in layers, onions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

I’m probably in the minority, but I much preferred the storyline of Oblivion to Skyrim. 

Nah - I think a lot of TES fans feel that way. A lot of people jumped on the bandwagon with Skyrim. The guild quests are much more shallow in Skyrim, so's the civil war arc etc. Oblivion had charm and intrigue.

Also, I love how hideous everyone is in Oblivion. Only bore are the Oblivion gates after the 7th time of asking

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

Nah - I think a lot of TES fans feel that way. A lot of people jumped on the bandwagon with Skyrim. The guild quests are much more shallow in Skyrim, so's the civil war arc etc. Oblivion had charm and intrigue.

Also, I love how hideous everyone is in Oblivion. Only bore are the Oblivion gates after the 7th time of asking

Haha yea the character models and that weird/frightening thing where the camera would quickly zoom up to their face were questionable decisions. I would be leaving town, embarking on a quest, and the zoom thing would happen out of nowhere and scare me more than most horror games do.

You nailed it though, the guilds were way better. So many standout quests. Loved the one where you need to stealthily murder everyone in that mansion. And Leonard freakin Nemoy. I hope we get a remaster as I’d be happy to pay full price for that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

Haha yea the character models and that weird/frightening thing where the camera would quickly zoom up to their face were questionable decisions. I would be leaving town, embarking on a quest, and the zoom thing would happen out of nowhere and scare me more than most horror games do.

You nailed it though, the guilds were way better. So many standout quests. Loved the one where you need to stealthily murder everyone in that mansion. And Leonard freakin Nemoy. I hope we get a remaster as I’d be happy to pay full price for that. 

STOP, CRIMINAL SCUM! Same voice actor voicing like 300 characters . Hahaha, that's the charm right there. Also, the cities were waaaay more expansive. Like compare Skingrad to somewhere like Morthal, night and day.

Yeah, poison apples - the way forward.  Hhaha 'You...You are the one from my dreams'. Alright there Uriel

 

4 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I’ve only ever played Skyrim but I enjoyed that a lot. Is the gameplay similar across all the games?

I'd say oblivion might be too old now to have a good time with, unless you can mod it. I tried it over lockdown and just couldn't get much out of it anymore, that might be on me though. Skyrim combat is heavily improved over Oblivion, but then there are more RPG elements in Oblivion - just depends what you like my man.

Wonder what Starfield will be like

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, I have a prediction : Starfield will suck

The gameplay really looked lackluster. Todd Howard is a bit of a con man nowadays. I really want it to be good, but I'm not hopeful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Fuck, I found that guy annoying but I appreciate the legwork - layers in layers, onions

How dare you! Brian David Gilbert is an absolute gem haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, Russel Coight said:

While true for the most part they’ve definitely started trying different things. Legends Arceus and Scarlet/Violet are totally different to what the standard Pokémon experience has been.

A lot of the blame needs to fall on TPCi and them forcing a game every 12 months. If given a bit more time to develop things I think Gamefreak could pull off something much better.

Seriously. And with the amount of money they've all made that they could then invest into making the games on a longer release schedule, they have no excuse for the glitches and whatnot. 

How's the game running for you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Seriously. And with the amount of money they've all made that they could then invest into making the games on a longer release schedule, they have no excuse for the glitches and whatnot. 

How's the game running for you?

Yep there’s no need for the annual release schedule. Or at least outsource games and let gamefreak focus on the core series every 2-3 years.

Honestly outside of some pretty heavy frame drops the game has run perfectly fine for me. Put 50 hours in and finished it the other night. Zero crashes. Zero weird bugs/glitches. I’ve seen everything on Twitter etc and I haven’t had any of that happen. I have made the habit of closing the software and restarting my switch when I’m done every night. Apparently it’s a memory leak problem and that fixes that. 
 

Honestly it’s the best Pokémon game they’ve made in years. If they can fix up the frame issues etc it deserves to be pretty highly praised.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn’t even mean to start playing Let’s Go right when a new mainline game came out. It’s funny playing my first Pokémon in forever and it’s just a remake of a 20+ year old game while everyone else is playing the brand new thing.

I’d love a Gold/Silver Let’s Go. But give us more control options ffs I can’t believe they did that shit lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...