Video Games Thread

dildo69er

I started playing the original RE4 again a couple days ago (well, the Wii edition). One of my favorite games ever made and easily one of the games I’ve played through the most (at least ten times) but I hadn’t played it in about a decade.

After taking such a long break from it, the controls were a little hard to get used to again. Made the first couple hours of the game especially scary just because I sucked so bad with the awkward tank controls. Now that I’m a few more hours in and I’ve adjusted I’m remembering why I loved this game so much. It’s very Zelda-like in a lot of ways. I’m having so much fun playing through it again.

Can’t wait to try the remake. Don’t know if I want to play the demo first or not.

Finished Resident Evil 4 again. Still a 10/10 game imo. It was a lot easier than I remembered it being (after the initial difficult couple hours of getting used to the controls) but that’s probably because I’m so familiar with it and pretty much knew exactly what to do at every moment.

With how much I love this game it’s crazy that I haven’t played much of the rest of the series. I’ve played through 5 which I liked, but not as much as I liked 4. And I’ve played through most of the original RE (it’s really short so it’s kind of stupid that I never finished it). I tried 6 but for some reason couldn’t get into it. I bought RE2 and 3 remakes on steam about a year ago but haven’t played them, and I just bought most of the rest of the series because they were bundled and on sale for super cheap. So eventually I’ll get around to them.

Can’t wait to play the remake. I’ve been mostly avoiding trailers/demos/gameplay videos and kind of just want to go into it totally blind.

Started playing Resident Evil 2 Remake (yes, 2, not 4. I already had 2 on steam and haven’t played it yet so why not lol) and this game is actually scary as shit lol. I think I might be stuck too. 4 hours in and I’m about to die with no health items left. My heart races playing this game but it’s very fun so far. I just worry I might have to start a new file if I really can’t find a way to heal myself lol.

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Started playing Resident Evil 2 Remake (yes, 2, not 4. I already had 2 on steam and haven’t played it yet so why not lol) and this game is actually scary as shit lol. I think I might be stuck too. 4 hours in and I’m about to die with no health items left. My heart races playing this game but it’s very fun so far. I just worry I might have to start a new file if I really can’t find a way to heal myself lol.

south-park-fractured-but-whole-black-scr

• Like 1

I’m officially going to be a Switch owner this weekend. 

We’ve had them forever, I’ve just recently gotten more into playing alone & I’ve been using their accounts….it’s no longer working out, I’ve been grounded from their consoles. 🙃🤣 

• Like 5

It’s official, I now have my very own Switch. The Mario one, it’s so cute. 🥰

I typically like puzzle/strategy games, y’all have any you really love?! Limbo is $2 right now, probably going to grab that…husband has a short list of games I might like & also has most every damn game already, so I can likely try on his before I buy for mine 🤣

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Matt. said:

You know, I don’t know how I feel about the TotK gameplay that was shown today.

I just showed up here to say that I thought it looked pretty cool. At least they came up with some new abilities to play with. I assumed the game would be very similar to the last in most regards

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I just showed up here to say that I thought it looked pretty cool. At least they came up with some new abilities to play with. I assumed the game would be very similar to the last in most regards

I’m not a big fan of the fusing mechanic, but I’m sure it’ll be fine.

I think it looked cool! Fusing looks fun. Definitely feels like this was the “Great Plateau” of this game and basically just tutorial spot to learn the new mechanics.

Also if I’m remembering right, some of those item drops from the construct enemies might hint at a bit of what’s happening plot wise.

I am hype stil.