Blink 182 EP Preorder thread (Still not posted)

TomMarkTravis

Things like the wrapping paper will go for a hundre bucks or more on eBay as time passes. It's a good buy. I'm definitely getting Santas lap.

I highly doubt it; although I was wrong about the Bunny. You can never really predict what is going to be a collectable and what isn't.

Shame that, I would rather have a physical CD than any of this tshirt/poster nonsense

Yep, I agree.

why wouldn't blink-182 wrapping paper be collectible? the only place you will be able to get it from now until the end of time is through this preorder. plus, a lot of people will probably actually use it, further limiting its availability.

I'd pay $50 if I could get a physical copy of that EP but I'm not gonna put my money on a t-shirt/hoodie with crappy artwork and which you can't really wear outside Christmas anyway. (And the profit you might make selling that stuff on Ebay just isn't worth the effort.)

But I'll be glad to pay for the digital EP also.

why is everyone so obsessed with a physical release of the EP? people actually listen to cds? I kind of doubt I even opened my copy of Neighborhoods...let alone play it.

and if you want it as a collectible, why not just get the poster or a shirt or something? same thing.

a vinyl release would be cool, but also just for collectible purposes. only a true hipster douche would be outraged that they couldn't listen to a blink-182 ep on vinyl. just sayinn.

why wouldn't blink-182 wrapping paper be collectible? the only place you will be able to get it from now until the end of time is through this preorder. plus, a lot of people will probably actually use it, further limiting its availability.

Well there could be a ton of other people thinking the same thing, plus they could release it again next Christmas, and the Christmas after that, until the end of time or until nobody cares about blink-182 enough to pay $100 for wrapping paper on ebay.

It's possible, but pretty unlikely. And I'm not saying I'd buy it solely for that, I would probably never sell it anyway. It just gives me peace of mind knowing that I could flip it on eBay if I ever needed to. People pay insane prices for stupid blink shit. It's a fact. Even the small bunnies sell for twice what we all paid for them sometimes and they made a million of those.

Shame that, I would rather have a physical CD than any of this tshirt/poster nonsense

I think that between Christmas and the new full length album due next year we will see a CD release of the EP, it would just be impossible to get the album pressed and in stores before Christmas I think is the only reason we're not going to see a physical release right away. I'd totally buy it again for a physical copy, so really they'd be stupid not to release it, cuz I'm sure I'm not alone.

if they can make original poster prints signed by the band, gift cards, wrapping paper, t-shirts, and a hoodie, i'm willing to bet they could make it a physical release if they wanted to. i just don't think they feel like it's necessary. maybe if everyone loves it they will release it in the future.

if they can make original poster prints signed by the band, gift cards, wrapping paper, t-shirts, and a hoodie, i'm willing to bet they could make it a physical release if they wanted to. i just don't think they feel like it's necessary. maybe if everyone loves it they will release it in the future.

I dunno dude. How many copies would they press? Probably at least a few hundred thousand for the US alone. Then they have to ship out the thing all across the US (I'm not even thinking about internationally). And given that they're releasing the thing digitally on the 18th of December, even though the bundle physical items ship on December 10th, I'm inclined to believe they'll be working up to the wire mastering the songs and getting the final mixes done. So in theory, they might be able to get copies of the EP started to be pressed on the 18th, maybe 17th. Probably would take a full day or two to get enough copies pressed for the US alone, then to send out trucks and whatnot to every corner of the US (and given the time of the year, you better believe Truckers would be charging way more money for express shipping), you might be able to get the thing in every store by maybe the 23rd (and I really just don't think they could get it shipped internationally to stores in the time-frame allotted . But no one wants to be doing Christmas shopping that close to the day, of course many people do, but typically people try to release their physical items earlier so its more reasonable to get and expect for Christmas day.

Plus Mark said somewhere that a physical copy may come later on, and I think it makes a lot of sense to do so.

It's cool that you don't feel like its necessary, but for me its totally necessary. Physical cds are something I love collecting way more than t-shirts and posters for my favorite bands. Plus the album artwork (especially for an album like self titled) is often very pleasing for the eyes, and even insightful as we learned what Mark, Tom, and Travis had to say about the songs in that album.

in its first three months, neighborhoods sold 259,000 copies. there is no way this random ep would sell more than 100,000 physical copies if their comeback album with years of hype only sold 250k...

i doubt they would even sell 50k copies if they released it physically. plus, the major outlets wouldn't carry it. there is no way a 5 song ep by blink called "dogs eat dogs" would be on sale at wal-mart...lol

with that said, i am basically talking out of my ass. i don't really follow record sales. but my logic tells me this isn't a release worth pressing. not speaking in terms of quality, it might be their best work of all time. but that doesn't matter in the industry world.