Blink 182 EP Preorder thread (Still not posted)

TomMarkTravis

Really?!?! Which is why there are countless retorts to my arguments?

Just look at all the ones I've collected so far on this page. For whatever reason people have these huge sticks up their ass about the truth. I don't get it and I never will.

It seems like most people are aware that bands make money (even in this thread). Of course a band is a business (it is after Mark, Tom and Travis' job), at least one that gets big enough to be on the radio and MTV and whatnot. I can't believe you think thats some huge revelation. i don't get what the big deal is, we all have our own jobs, but their job is one that gives great music to its customers, how can you even complain about that?

It seems like most people are aware that bands make money (even in this thread). Of course a band is a business (it is after Mark, Tom and Travis' job), at least one that gets big enough to be on the radio and MTV and whatnot. I can't believe you think thats some huge revelation. i don't get what the big deal is, we all have our own jobs, but their job is one that gives great music to its customers, how can you even complain about that?

really? you obviously don't know oliver still. he complained about the way a frozen pizza's toppings were placed for fucks sake!

I don't want to be rich. Thanks.

I published a book and have plenty of opportunities to "sell out" with it and turned them down.

You don't know shit about me.

I didn't bring up the money discussion.

Blink 182 are a business. Get the fuck over it

You sir, are either a liar, or the biggest fucking idiot ive ever seen

why would you say that?

I don't particularly want to be rich. Not everyone is driven by money in life.

why anyone wouldnt want to be rich is beyond me. Maybe its because im young. If you could have the choice of not having to worry about money, why not take it

why anyone wouldnt want to be rich is beyond me. Maybe its because im young. If you could have the choice of not having to worry about money, why not take it

It would be nice but it's not my goal in life. I don't set targets in life or in work to lead to me being worth millions.

It would be nice but it's not my goal in life. I don't set targets in life or in work to lead to me being worth millions.

fair enough, but to say you dont wanna be rich is pretty bold. I can understand saying you dont want to do things you dont want to to become rich

I really have my fingers crossed for Not For Real. Really interested in hearing it. I know there's a -5 percent chance of it being on the EP but it would have been cool to see them re-write a song from neighborhoods and throw it up on the EP. Just to see how it would change from being written separately to being written in the same room. I Will Be Home For Christmas is gonna be fun to I bet.

Notice how I only responded to the discussion about money. So don't call me a troll. Look towards all the people who got sticks up their ass about this issue who want to drag this out. But of course it is MY FAULT. Wonder why? Because nyou got a stick up your ass about it too.

Again, Blink is a fucking business. Get the fuck over it!!!

Can we fucking move on now? Please?

The key for this argument to be over is that yes, blink-182 is a business and yes, they are musicians who love their job and strive to deliver the best music for their fans. It doesn't have to be one or the other. It's both. Once everyone realizes that we can stop arguing.

I really have my fingers crossed for Not For Real. Really interested in hearing it. I know there's a -5 percent chance of it being on the EP but it would have been cool to see them re-write a song from neighborhoods and throw it up on the EP. Just to see how it would change from being written separately to being written in the same room. I Will Be Home For Christmas is gonna be fun to I bet.

What did we ever hear about Not For Real other than the fact that its a song that Mark was working on that didn't make the album?

What does it matter if it appears or not, any new song on the album will be a new song.

When did I say it was a huge revelation? Never. Everyone else seems to think it is though.

It is very easy to complain about because Blink sells out. They fuck over their fans with gimmick bullshit for money they don't need. A huge part of the decisions they make are money driven. So it is worthy of discussion. We've been over and over this. People won't actually address that less comment expect to PERSONALLY ATTACK and MOCK ME. Which is what pisses me off; not so much what Blink does.

I think we need to make a "catch all" money topic and leave it ALL in there. We had one and Victor moved it to the debate forum.

When did I say it was a huge revelation? Never. Everyone else seems to think it is though.

It is very easy to complain about because Blink sells out. They fuck over their fans with gimmick bullshit for money they don't need. A huge part of the decisions they make are money driven. So it is worthy of discussion. We've been over and over this. People won't actually address that less comment expect to PERSONALLY ATTACK and MOCK ME. Which is what pisses me off; not so much what Blink does.

I think we need to make a "catch all" money topic and leave it ALL in there. We had one and Victor moved it to the debate forum.

if it isn't a huge revelation, then why do you make a point to bring it up time and time again? Bands are businesses that supply its customers with an amazing product that typically makes its customers very very happy. Thats why they come back for more and more. When they're as successful with keeping its customers happy as blink are, they can then branch out from the main product they supply (music) and supply more related products like t-shirts. They can charge whatever price they think will yield the most buys at the highest price to yield the highest profits. This is economics, this is Supply vs. Demand, this is capitalism.

I mean why is practicing what America is all about inside of America such a huge problem? Furthermore, I have a question, what business do you work for? Do you personally create a product that makes millions of people happy? I highly doubt that you do, so I have to question what makes you so high and mighty to criticize what they do when they're just practicing capitalism like the rest of America, but the product that they are supplying its customers is one that is capable of changing lives? (if you want me to supply an example of how music changes lives, I can, but I'm pretty sure you know its true that music can and does change lives)