Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

maybe because CD sales are down now more than ever? especially for an EP. out of all the bands i listen to, none of them release EPs on CD at this day and age. it's cheap to do, but overall just a waste of time and money for distribution because they don't sell.

they came to conquer uranus was never on CD and still isn't. i don't see anyone annoyed about that.

maybe because CD sales are down now more than ever? especially for an EP. out of all the bands i listen to, none of them release EPs on CD at this day and age. it's cheap to do, but overall just a waste of time and money for distribution because they don't sell.

they came to conquer uranus was never on CD and still isn't. i don't see anyone annoyed about that.

CD sales are down, but people still buy them. So they still get released. Uranus was an ep before they were a big named band, if that ep came out between Enema and TOYPAJ, you know damn well it would have been on a CD. As it is, that ep was nothing special anyway, the only people that want it are hardcore blink fans.

I'll just put it this way, whether or not its a good idea for the EP to be released on CD, I would be extremely surprised if it weren't released on a CD. Having said that, I really want it released on CD, I love adding physical cds to my blink collection, a new EP would instantly be a great add to it that I would love to see.

CD sales are down, but people still buy them. So they still get released. Uranus was an ep before they were a big named band, if that ep came out between Enema and TOYPAJ, you know damn well it would have been on a CD. As it is, that ep was nothing special anyway, the only people that want it are hardcore blink fans.

I'll just put it this way, whether or not its a good idea for the EP to be released on CD, I would be extremely surprised if it weren't released on a CD. Having said that, I really want it released on CD, I love adding physical cds to my blink collection, a new EP would instantly be a great add to it that I would love to see.

tell that to Cargo Music who are probably on their 20th pressing of that EP.

tell that to Cargo Music who are probably on their 20th pressing of that EP.

Lets go do a survey, out of everyone you meet on the street that knows of blink and enjoys their music and singles, how many do you think even know about Uranus? It doesn't take much to know the percentage would be small.

Yes I'm sure it sells fairly well for Cargo. Blink is a big enough band to have a large enough fanbase that are so into them that they want the obscure releases. But you should also know that an EP by blink in this day and age would sell much much more than Uranus ever did. And even with the difference in who buys CDs now vs back then, it seems pretty obvious it would sell more on CD than Uranus ever would have.

All that is null anyway as it just comes down to what will happen. And the reality is, its highly unlikely it wont be released on CD. If it doesn't I'll admit that I now sound like a jackass and a fool for being so bold. But as far as i can see I'm just being realistic.

i doubt there will be a CD... most likely Vinyl/digital like most independents bands do now for EP's

that's exactly what i'm saying. i know it's a lame example, but i work at Hot Topic part time and every store in the company now carries a maximum of 40 CD titles. this is because they don't sell. the vinyl section in my store sells more records and is larger. EPs that get released by bands are often NEVER on CD. and if they are, they don't sell because it's not a full album.

vinyl will sell because they'll press a limited amount at a time with a download card and collectors go nuts. if blink releases a CD, they will want to go all out and make sure it's available everywhere. that'll take up time that no one wants to wait. at least with vinyl, everyone knows it'll be released much later than the digital release.

This is so unreal, didn't think we'd get anything like this until mid-late 2013!! :D I hope they do a hard copy of the EP (whether CD or vinyl), would suck to only have a digital download and nothing to add to a physical collection.

Not a big fan of that stage production that Tom posted. A little too Stadium Rock for Blink, in my opinion.