Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

instead of blink signing all those posters and giving us wrapping paper and a card, dont you think it would be cool if they signed the card and addressed it to the buyer and then wrapped everything in the wrapping paper?

it would be cool if they had 6 months to do it.

My impressions about the previews:

1. When I was young = meh...

2. Dogs eating dogs = sounds cool

3. Disaster = meh...

5. Pretty little girl = stops after like 2 seconds so I can't say

Hope they complete songs surprise me, but I expected something more "powerful". I can't really give an opinion with this sneak peeks, so Im still optimistic!

1 - when i was young:

yes, tom sings the verses like he did in "dry your eyes" (it feels like his voice is played backwards or something :D), but please, the two songs cannot be compared. don't compare them only because of tom's singing style... the chorus with mark's backing has already made this ep more blinkish than what we've heard on neighborhoods. (8/10)

2 - dogs eating dogs:

also, mark sings in the style of "lycathrope", that's why you want to compare it with that song, and because it has that oldschool horror-esque guitar when the song breaks. it's such an awesome song, you don't really want to compare it to anything, do you? this is the blink we've waited for. it's not slow, it's not synth oriented, it has great vocals, travis' drumming is insane (yet simple). you always said box car racer, plus-44 and the self titled era blink should be mixed together and that would be their real sound. well, here it is! (10/10)

3 - disaster:

it's just like dogs eating dogs, another heavier punk-rock song. this time without anything from their past to compare. (9/10)

4 - boxing day:

a slower acoustic song with the vibe of an unordinary christmas - sitting alone in the beach, watching surfers and thinking about someone who broke up with you (at least that's what i imagined when i listened to it for the first time). what they called "folk" is more like 80's surf music to me (you remember mark's song "until the stars fall" - both songs has the same feel, but with a different mood). the lyrics are great, the melodies are great, and you just sitting there and try to compare it to smash mouth because you want to show you can find the worst in anything. your mentality is worse than anything you've found... (8/10)

5 - pretty little girl:

a more electronic song, but the synths aren't overused. travis' hiphop beats are perfect here. i prefer the direction of the previous four tracks more than this one, but it's still a good song. (6/10)

i just wrote this "review" to call your attention to stop comparing songs just because 2 notes reminded you of another song. try to enjoy or stop listening.