Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

i dont understand how it will be more enjoyable if it is heard on the exact release date. that excitement died with CD sales after 2003. if it is a digital release, i think you'll feel the same way about it no matter when you hear it or how you obtain it.

kind of how i always felt with leaks. Never really bothered me and i never looked at it being any different. By the way theres a good chance some site will probably stream the tracks.

I totally understand about listening to a cd on release day vs listening to a leak early. See kids ....back in the good old days when a band (blink 182) was releasing new music, and you were all excited , you jumped in your car or had your parents drive you to where ever you bought your music. The drive to the store was anticipating, you get to the store finally grab that album, check out ect. It's that one moment when you open the cd and put it your CD player in your car....it's magic. Now when a album leaks there's no anticipation it's like click and BOOM new music. Kinda takes away from the past but I guess this is 2012. I guess I could just avoid leaks and buy albums but that's hard to do knowing the album is out there. I guess what I'm saying is the experience was much greater back in the day before downloads, but since there is no physical copy of this ep I guess it will be no different if it did leak.

if it were the early 2000s back when our only options were Kazaa or buying the CD, i'd say it definitely would make a difference. but in 2012, absolutely not.

Why? It's still fun to wait for an official release if that's what you prefer, just like how fishguts finds it more exciting to listen early. Listening to a leak makes me feel like shit as I avoid illegal downloading now, and when the release date is first announced, that is the date I have set in my mind as the big day of listening. It doesn't matter if it's not on a CD, the official date is still when I get given the copy.

I don't see why people seem to make a big deal about listening early vs waiting, some people prefer one side and some people prefer the other, both valid opinions of how to first experience the music.