Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

It's a 20 second rap part. It's going to get really annoying really fast if that's all anyone wants to talk about on this entire EP.

My guess is that 2pac could have risen from the dead and rapped this bridge and people would still cry and whine about it.

Pretty Little Girl is my favourite on first listen, don't think the rap part is terrible but not amazing at same time....as I listen to it more I reckon I'll get more used to it, I think the main thing is hearing something like that in a blink song, just takes some time getting used to it.

When I Was Young is a class opener too, builds up and then kicks in with quick verses and a BIG chorus! think all the songs are good but think Dogs Eating Dogs is weakest, which is a shame as I'm normally a big Mark fan, still good though.

interesting... was my fave on first listen. but because of that tom part ;)

Discussing it is one thing, but the cries and complaints will get super old.

I totally see why some people wouldn't like it, but crying about it isn't going to take it away lol. This was all pretty predictable though. The blink fan base is pretty close minded honestly. Look how long it took for people to accept music that wasn't pop punk.

Discussing it is one thing, but the cries and complaints will get super old.

I totally see why some people wouldn't like it, but crying about it isn't going to take it away lol. This was all pretty predictable though. The blink fan base is pretty close minded honestly. Look how long it took for people to accept music that wasn't pop punk.

People have a right as a fan to say if they don't like something, I think Dogs Eating Dogs is a pretty bland song and I wouldn't expect someone to moan about me saying that.

I don't think it's people being close minded and I can fully see why some people wouldn't like it, it's a bit wierd and offbeat which is not to everyones taste.

You are a big fan boy though Ghent like I said, not saying it's a bad thing but I reckon you'd like a turd if hit 182 carved into it.

fun fact: over the last year or so I was listening to yelawolf way more often then to blink.

pretty much my favorite artist right now. trunk muzik 0-60 is just brilliant.

however if he really ruined a blink song this might get me in some sort of inner conflict :D

I'm 3/5 now.. so approaching it

Holy shit! Yes, now thats what I was talking about a while ago when i said I think rap or hip hop could work brilliantly with blink.  I fucking love Pretty Little Girl, its absolutely my favorite track on this album.  Disaster comes in at second.  But really I am very pleased with the album.

Initially When I Was young was making me uneasy cuz it sounded way to AVAish, but in the end its a very solid song and I quite enjoy it. 

Not a thing wrong with this EP IMO, which is more than I can say about Neighborhoods. 

Fantastic EP, I give a 9/10.  Can't wait for their next full length album.  But in all honesty they can take their time on it.  If it gets delayed into early 2014, I'm A-OK with that.  This EP shall hold me over nicely.

A resounding 'meh' from most friends. I'll have to agree. Dogs Eating Dogs has some great Plus 44 era guitar playing on it, but the song's refrain and chorus fall flat. Boxing Day is catchy, just melodramatic enough for it to sound honest, and is up there in terms of best post-reunion blink tracks. Pretty Little Girl has a touch of the old guitar playing that made me get into this band, but it's overshadowed by some delay pedals and keyboards. In general, this EP has a strangely large emphasis on keyboards. 

Every other track was forgettable. I'll admit that most of my complaints come from me having to deal with the fact that Tom just plays guitar/writes songs differently now (with delay pedals and keyboards and really similar song structures/choruses), and that Mark barely writes songs at all (seriously, where is the guy?). In general, record is good, if a little on the boring side.

As a guy who prefers 95% of +44's stuff to anything by post-reunion blink, I can only hope Mark and Travis return to that band at some point before they're 50.

the first two songs are the best. definitely needed more Mark. "Dogs Eating Dogs" was miles ahead of the other songs lyrically, and you know that came from Mark. "Disaster" will take me some getting used to. "Pretty Little Girl" seemed like a weird b-side. With or without the rap, i think it was the weakest song. I don't even mind Yelawolf, but his part is just so random and out of place and what Travis did with his drums during that park just made it even more out of place.

after a first spin it's really good BUT again I find some distracting parts production wise. I don't see why they are to proud to hire some decent producer. There's always someone who can tell you what you better do or not do on a track. Even if you're a punkrock legend.

But still: Great record. And the good think about these production issues is - you get used to them after a few spins ;)