Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

after listening to this e.p, i went back to neighborhoods

it's good, but there's a lack of emotion or whatever...can't describe it

especially after reading articles about how much tension there was during the recording progress and how they almost didn't spoke to eachother

i just think they were afraid in all sorts of kinds

glad that is over...

i completely agree, and i don't blame them for making it a bit safe. they were in a very strange place. i don't think you just come back after all that time and comfortably record an album like that. its all about being in sync with the guys your making music with. and that took them a little bit of time. but i'm real glad that they're in a real good place with each other and we can expect big things in the future, from shows to albums!

• Like 1

This "bla bla sounds like song bla bla" is so annoying. But I guess that's what people talk about when they don't have enough musical knowledge to talk about other aspects of songs.

And the "sounds like AVA" or "sounds like +44" is

pointless. It was/is them. Mark wrote all the songs for +44 and Tom wrote all the songs for AVA. Why should blink sound totally different? Mark sounds like mark and Tom like Tom. And their sounds won't change entirely when they release their music as blink 182

• Like 2

yeah the comparisons to ava / +44 seem a little strange. It's like saying "hey man, those songs you wrote sound a little similar to those..er...other songs you wrote...". They wrote those songs too, It's not like they came out with a record that sounds like a green day record. They're ripping themselves off.

Wow i think its really good!! The instrumentation is sounding great with Tom going back to his old old guitar classic sound (at least using more distortion) as a bassist i gotta say Mark`s work is very solid, outstanding on PLG and Travis is Travis, i liked the used of synths as well. I liked the rap part, a version without it would be cool too.

I think this ep is the first release that can satisfy all the variety of blink fans (maybe not too much the old school ones from Raynor days) but definitely the Enema/Take Off, the BoxCar/Untlited and The AvA/+44 fans.

I think its funny that people complain that the new Blink doesn't sound like the old Blink but every band that everyone complains about the most are the bands that every song and cd sound the same. At least they have shown some variety and an ability to write different styles and be able to evolve musically as they got older....Never understood why people want every album to be TOYPAJ or Untitled. They were great albums but doesn't mean that the new stuff isn't good too...

• Like 1

I have a theory about why Mark isn writing that much songs ever since Untitled. He is a bassist that writes songs on an acoustic guitar, he wrote the intro to Whats my age again and others but at that time Tom`s guitar playing and Mark`s were very alike and he could have bring many songs that Tom would play live or the way Mark wanted but from certain point Tom started to change his guitar playing, may be Mark doesnt feel motivated enough to bring many songs or some sort of songs knowing that Tom would change them to his style or never play it live. He wrote Hearts all gone (an exception cause Tom plays it live) MH and the others by himfelf with his own guitar style.

Sorry if my english sucks, im working on it.

Although I do enjoy Angels And Airwaves, I'm guessing this could be the end of that band. "Disaster" breathes AVA in any possible way but with the cooperation from Hoppus and Barker. Also, AVA's latest EP sounds like a bunch of scraps being revived. With the tragic death of Critter, it would be a suitable moment to quit the band. It would be hard to stay inspired.