Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

After one listen, I think all the songs are good. The rap bit isn't bad; it's not good either but it's probably better than the dullish instrumental bridge (well, they're all dull on this EP) in the background, which they probably would have used if they had not gone for this rapper. A crisper production quality would do a lot of good but it's not that big of an issue.

Well I don't like Boxing Day because it is very generic as well. But in short, yes. You are right. When a song is a re-write of another song,, that destroys it for me. Why shouldn't it? If I took the melody from a Blink song and changed the lyrics and structure a little bit would you give me credit for writing that song? Would you think it was a good song?

Why should they get away with plagiarizing their own songs? Or other people's songs? How can you think a song that is a total rewrite of another song be good?

GOTDF was a horrible song because the melody was exactly the same as There Is. It is VERY lazy songwriting.

All a matter of opinion I guess, I usually don't listen to one song and sing lyrics to another song or think that it sounds like another song, that's just me I guess.

• Like 2

i always though that gotdf/there is argument went a little too far. i mean, would we say that blink stole the chord progression they use in dammit and carousel and half of the other blink songs from nofx? 

There is a difference between re using a chord progression and re using a melody. You obviously know this.