Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

I would like to know the breakdown of sales between iTunes and blink-182.com. I wonder if the modlife sales contribute to chart position. And what chart is it eligible for?  Is Billboard 200 for albums only?

Digital sales don't contribute to Billboard, I'm somewhat sure.

Im starting to think that Jerry Finn was THE creative force behind ST

Great producer, didn't write the music though.  Far from being the creative force on that album, just a facilitator.  Fact of the matter is most bands and artists create their best work before the age of 30, blink-182 is no exception.  Creativity is prone to fade like everything else as you grow older.

Digital sales don't contribute to Billboard, I'm somewhat sure.

Digital sales definitely do, remember when lady gaga's second album dropped. it sold over a million copies in its first week and there was a controversy because over 400k of those sales were amazon mp3 album sales, sold for 99c or something crazy.

Dogs Eating Dogs is predicted to sell between 50-55k, which is actually really good given it was just an EP and only a digital release.

T.I. (Grand Hustle/Atlantic) 150-175k,
12/12/12: The Concert for Sandy Relief(Columbia) 125-150k
Chief Keef (Interscope) 50-55k
Blink-182 (EP, Blink-182 Records) 50-55k

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

After a few more days of listening I must say that PLG and Disaster are by far my favorites. The others are ok, but just overall too generic. I just wish Tom just spent a little more time with the guitar work, instead of taking the easy way out as I stated before. He could of done so much more with the licks and riffs, even subtle changes would make the songs dynamics change for the better. Just like the review said, in a 5 song EP none of the songs should sound the same, and using intros for the bridges and vice versa is just plan lazy. Overall I give it a 7 out of 10. Ask yourself, if this wasn't blink do you think this EP would even be in the top 100? 

Also, I disagree with this. I think the most sincere song Tom has ever written would be Rite of Spring. It was right in the middle of AVA and had almost no similarity to any of AVA's sound, which only adds to the fact that I believe he wrote that song for himself.

I feel the exact same way. Rite of Spring instantly came to mind for me, that song is really emotional to listen to. Real insightful lyrics.

After a few more days of listening I must say that PLG and Disaster are by far my favorites. The others are ok, but just overall too generic. I just wish Tom just spent a little more time with the guitar work, instead of taking the easy way out as I stated before. He could of done so much more with the licks and riffs, even subtle changes would make the songs dynamics change for the better. Just like the review said, in a 5 song EP none of the songs should sound the same, and using intros for the bridges and vice versa is just plan lazy. Overall I give it a 7 out of 10. Ask yourself, if this wasn't blink do you think this EP would even be in the top 100? 

I just asked myself if music that's made by blink could not be blink's music. The correct answer appears to be "no". Next question?

• Like 2

Gave it a full listen twice today and I tend to agree.

There is a lot of reusing and rewriting melodies of previous songs. Dogs Eating Dogs uses the Stokholm Syndrome riff EXACTLY. They had to of known that. It is so obvious. Where are the bridges to these songs? They are missing. There is some good songwriting on it; I think the PLG verse might be one of Tom's best since Untitled,  but there are also areas where it felt like they rushed the songwriting to get the album out. I know a lot of people will say "so what if it sounds like another song" but the entire point of writing new music is that it is new music.

Minute 1:11 but it is essentially the entire riff.

Start at 48 seconds played by keyboard then continued with guitar.

It is not exactly the same. Not in the same key.....but it is similar. If I had a guitar I could show you.

I like Dogs Eating Dogs. BUt you fanboys get your assholes all tight when godfobid something negative is said.

Tom LOVES to do the dimished chord shit or whatever it is called. He puts it on everything. Basically if you have an A power chord you shift your index down one fret. With both Stockholm and Dogs Eating Dogs. It is regular, then dimished, then regular, then he shifts the index up two frets, then back to regular, then dimished, then regular.

Like I said, it isn't exactly the same, but it is the same idea.

Tom: Get some new ideas.

Like I said, I am happy with this album, I think 3 out of the 5 songs are really good song, better than Neighborhoods. PLG may be the best song Tom has written since 2003.

But man oh man does he re-use shit.

that part isnt even played on the guitar, its a synth. and he even uses actual chords on ded. but regardless  i dont think i'd need to pull every time blink used a similar chord progression, obviously :P. it hasn't changed from 99, to 2000, to 2001, to 2003. why should it change now?