Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

tom has just lost his creativeness on guitar. that's all there is to it. maybe they need to write in different tunings other than standard. like on self titled. it could pull out a few more good riffs from the back of his head. and throw his synth and delay pedals in the fucking garbage. it always sounds the same. let mark work the electronics next time. atleast the plus 44 electronic sounds were fresher than the ava shit. and FTG is my favorite song with electronics on in on neighborhoods, which was a mark song.

don't get me wrong the ep is great. but in 6 months it will feel just like neighborhoods.

tom has just lost his creativeness on guitar. that's all there is to it. maybe they need to write in different tunings other than standard. like on self titled. it could pull out a few more good riffs from the back of his head. and throw his synth and delay pedals in the fucking garbage. it always sounds the same. let mark work the electronics next time. atleast the plus 44 electronic sounds were fresher than the ava shit. and FTG is my favorite song with electronics on in on neighborhoods, which was a mark song.

don't get me wrong the ep is great. but in 6 months it will feel just like neighborhoods.

Why in 6 months will it feel just like neighborhoods?

• Like 1

He is making the point that everyone arselicked Neighborhoods when it came out and now a lot of people are saying that it didn't live up to expectations.

Could just be the buzz of it being new and in reflection it may not be as good to people a few months down the line.

Could be, but I feel like this EP is really way better considering it was written by them together. Not mixed and matched.

Life sure must be great for you guys when everytime you are enjoying something you ask yourself "Am I actually enjoying this though? Maybe I'm not?"

Stop trying to look for some hidden, true objectivity towards whether you like music. As far as I'm concerned, that's as subjective and personally owned by you as it can get. It is just your choice to like it or not, there are no more facts to be uncovered. And later if you don't like it as much, then you just don't like it as much. Then you just look to the sky and move on, as brettyboy has taught us. 

• Like 4

Disaster is a combination of a ton of previous AVA song's Tom has wrote mixed together. It uses the same riff as about three of their songs (Heaven I believe is the most noticeable) and the same introduction effects as  Dry Your Eyes. Not that I'm knocking it, I absolutely love Disaster because of this similarity, but Oliver has it right when he says Tom reuses a lot of his old stuff. 

In any case, I have no problem with Tom basically taking his ideas from AVA and bringing them to blink to better them. If they end up like Disaster or DED (Hallucinations in the verses), I could overlook the similarities/exact copies. It just makes what I thought AVA could be if Mark and Travis influenced the music, and clearly, it produces just absolutely fucking fantastic songs. It would be insane to see how they would have influenced some of the ideas Tom has had over the years, but who knows, so far it hasn't stopped him from bringing them back to the table for blink.

lol god this "reusing ideas" talk is so lame. i mean have you heard blink prior to 2003? since when does every song a band writes have to COMPLETELY different? tom plays guitar a certain way and has written a shit load of music, of course the stuff is going to be associated with his past work. he has been doing this since he became a professional musician.

listen to someone like Bob Dylan...he has written thousands of songs throughout his life and you can easily pick out similarities between progressions and melodies. that doesn't mean he is out of ideas or has lost his touch as a songwriter.

• Like 1