Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

People are entitled to their opinion about the music, every time you disagree with someones view you just dismiss it and make out like they're wrong.

I like all the songs on it but you can't deny they're are Angels and Airwaves undertones to the Tom's song, just like Dog Eating Dogs sounds a bit +44, it is what Blink-182 is now but the writing styles they now have def take influence from the music they made when Mark and Tom were apart.

Try to offer constructive debate rather than "Here we go again with this shit" it's perfectly understandable that someone who didn't like AVA wouldn't like Tom's songs on this EP.

Here we go again with this shit.

What shit? The guy asked a question and I answered. Don't like it? Then fucking stay away. As far as I remeber this topic is to give opinions about the new blink EP.

I really really wished I'd liked the new Blink, but I can't help but hearing only AVA in most of the songs. I still do love Blink, they were a huge influence in my puberty, but I just don't like any blink music made since they broke up. Some stuff I do like, but in general, nope.

Now that some time has passed and the EP has settled in, I have to say that it does feel like just an average EP. Nothing amazing about it, but a quality low scale release.

Hopefully it leads to them releasing a new album that earns some accolades and gets them going again.

• Like 1

I will say that it's still better than Neighborhoods.

Neighborhoods was just a mess (to me), but this ep is a step in the right direction.

I'm hoping they will try to branch out from their comfort zone, and make songs either like Boxing Day or back to basic. I know that won't happen, but it would be nice to not hear people complain about the fact that certain songs sound like +44 (Mark), and other songs sound like AvA (Tom).

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="..Dan.." data-cid="1038046" data-time="1357236635"><p>

People are entitled to their opinion about the music, every time you disagree with someones view you just dismiss it and make out like they're wrong.<br />

<br />

I like all the songs on it but you can't deny they're are Angels and Airwaves undertones to the Tom's song, just like Dog Eating Dogs sounds a bit +44, it is what Blink-182 is now but the writing styles they now have def take influence from the music they made when Mark and Tom were apart.<br />

<br />

Try to offer constructive debate rather than "Here we go again with this shit" it's perfectly understandable that someone who didn't like AVA wouldn't like Tom's songs on this EP.</p></blockquote>

I don't have a problem with voicing their opinion. It's when they say stupid shit like he did with the "it's Ava featuring mark hoppus". To me that just sounds stupid to say something like that. I understand the comparisons to all the side projects. But a comment like that just seems idiotic to me. It's mark Tom and Travis, it's blink and it's their new sound. Not AVA featuring mark or +44 featuring Tom. That's what annoys me.

I think what needs to happen is Blink needs to lay off on some of the intros, and I know Tom is a big part of that. The intro to When I Was Young is cool and all but it doesn't really build up to anything. No big guitars to ring out a transition, just a small sounding octave chord that comes in. Disaster has a cool intro and yet that just goes into a verse like When I Was Young. I still love the songs though, just being picky sometimes I guess.

My review of the ep even though no one probably cares:

When I was young: The lyrics are pretty great, the song is kind ok, not amazing or anything.

Dog eating dogs: It sounds pretty cool, but sadly isn't that of a good song and the chorus doesn't fit in at all to me.

Disaster: Mark's vocals sound so uninspired to me, it's not bad nor good, it's fine, I'd like Mark's vocals tobe something more of maybe not even be there at all.

Boxing day: Pretty good except for the drums, which are kind of terrible

Pretty little girl: This song is pretty much perfect, it's pretty long yet I am still left wanting more, it's one of the best song Blink or anyone else has written in a long long time, I even enjoy the rap.

overall I think to me it seems that whether Neighborhoods was recorded in seperate studios is irrelevant, I think the co-operation between Tom and Mark is really weird, if Mark and Tom Traded vocals it used to be a little treat, now they do it way too often and it seems forced. I'd like to hear some more just Mark like MH and Heart's all gone, they don't have to try to squeeze all their influences into one song. Neighborhoods was way way better. I don't know if Mark has a writers block, but if it's so I think he should be honest about it and let Tom work on ava.